• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

All Blacks EOYT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Good post up there Lindommer.

I wrote on some other thread to the effect that the ordinary display of the All Blacks in Sydney for 50-60 minutes was disguised by our customary lack of composure and the egregious decision to award the McCaw try.

Then they played well in the mid quarters in Honkers but were often shabby at the start and end of the game. Folks are narrowing the reasons for the Kiwis loss down to Donald, but had he not made his mistakes and the Kiwis won, it would have probably have disguised another poor performance.

I don't think that people are talking enough about the Blacks playing below their standards in the last two games. Had that McCaw try not been awarded and that game lost also, there would be some very nervous people in the Shaky Isles right now and maybe thinking of 1998.

But even in below average form they should beat England. Like the Wallabies before Honkers: deep down, lower than their mouths, I don't think the Pom players think they can beat the Blacks.

PS I don't think the Kiwis played that well in Christchurch, come to think of it.

D

dwats002

If I could add to Gagger's comment the ABs do the basic rugby things very, very well. The scrummage, pass, tackle and back up superbly. NZ sides always put enormous pressure on their opponents in both attack and defence while having a knack of holding their team structure intact. And I'm not forgetting the NZ speciality of competing fiercely at the breakdown, as they've done since time immemorial. But NZ rugby teams do rely somewhat on their opponents presenting a conventionial game to be played; this Wallaby side with its ability to vary their width/numbers/spacing, and all done at pace, put the ABs into a place where they were uncomfortable. They couldn't "think" their way out of this situation on the go. And they were beaten.

The only reason why the AB's were beaten was because they played very poorly and well below national standards. The Wob backline won't even come into consideration next time as didn't the SA one at Eden Park cos their fowards were being monstered. WC's will always be won in the fowards and we have by far the best all round pack, where yu as aussies even have to admit apart from Pocock you have one thats made out of Marshmellow. Deans needs to demand more from his pack or else face embarrassment at next years WC.

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
The only reason why the AB's were beaten was because they played very poorly and well below national standards. The Wob backline won't even come into consideration next time as didn't the SA one at Eden Park cos their fowards were being monstered. WC's will always be won in the fowards and we have by far the best all round pack, where yu as aussies even have to admit apart from Pocock you have one thats made out of Marshmellow. Deans needs to demand more from his pack or else face embarrassment at next years WC.

I didn't know Graham Henry himself was on this forum.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
RWCs will always be won in the forwards and we have by far the best all round pack, where you as Aussies even have to admit apart from Pocock you have one that's made out of marshmellow.

When fit, rested and in form I'd put Robinson, TPN, Alexander, Sharpe/Vickerman, Horwill, Elsom, Pocock and Palu/McCalman up against any pack going around at the moment. What last and this year has shown up is Australia's traditional lack of depth at the top level (if I'm allowed to mix metaphors) while, to some extent, alleviating those depth issues.

Be very happy to meet the ABs in a crunch match at RWC2011. Am even happier to read of Kiwis writing us off.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)

Take the Hong Kong pack, add TPN, Horwill and Palu and that's a marshmallow so tough no AB would want to sink his teeth into it. I reckon someone should frame that quote and put it up on the wall at TPN/Palu's place. The next AB test might look a bit ugly!

D

dwats002

Take the Hong Kong pack, add TPN, Horwill and Palu and that's a marshmallow so tough no AB would want to sink his teeth into it. I reckon someone should frame that quote and put it up on the wall at TPN/Palu's place. The next AB test might look a bit ugly!

I meant the one ATM

Reido

Sydney Middleton (9)
I would love to see England get one over the all blix. NZ would go into total meltdown. There would be rioting in the streets. I can see the articles now, "Why did we let Deans go?". The only downside to it is we'd have to hear the justifications as to why they lost and how it was SBW's fault, but wait till the WC....blah blah... You know what, I can live with that. Never thought I'd ever say it but, Go England!!!

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
There's no way I can agree with that, as noble as your sentiments are.

Go NZRT!!!!!

C

chief

Depending on the weather in London, I think the All Blacks will win by 15-20 points with the rain. Without rain, I think it will be a 30 + win. It's a good thing that Matt Giteau missed that kick in Sydney earlier this year, because England still have a very incompetent coach, that I think will lead them to failure at the next RWC. People will reply to this post with lines such as "never write of the poms" but you can bet you can in this circumstance. England simply won't adapt to the interpretations, and will be left playing catch up. A combination of the English undisciplined Tackle, Ruck and Maul play, and it's conservatism will lead to a massive All Blacks win this evening.

However, I really hope I'm wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.

D

dbla

What would be the best website to watch this game on and what time (QLD) would kick off be?

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Don't know but I just happened to see this listing:

http://www.myp2p.eu/competition.php?competitionid=&part=sports&discipline=rugby

Have never used the site but I assume that you click on the TV icon on the far right when the game starts.

Best to google a few things yourself and have a few ready to go in case they don't work.

Incidentally it's on Setanta in Oz so go to some Irish bar and they should have it and you can kill 2 birds with one stone.

Good luck.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
If you're in Brisbane it will be on at the indro pig n whistle, which seeing as yours a doggies fan, probably inst too far from your house.

M

Muttonbird

...but wait till the WC....blah blah...

I don't think you've been listening in the last 10 years at least. Not many from NZ in recent memory would dare say "wait 'til the World Cup". In fact that's the war-cry of the other pretenders to that crown when regularly and soundly beaten by the All Blacks in between times.

Where ya been? And why the bitterness newbie? We here are a very small country which happens to do well at one particular niche sport and you back ENGLAND?

And Groucho, I know you've had a few issues with an expat Kiwi but that's no reason to part from your normal, balanced approach to posting.

I for one am happy if the ABs play at 80% this whole Northern Tour. We know they have to overcome a lot of baggage in 12 months time so the timing of the run is essential. That time is not now.

Status
Not open for further replies.