• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia v Ireland, Sat 9th June @ 8.00pm, Suncorp Brisbane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I wouldn't put any weight on a players listed height or mass. I swear they measure the guys with studs on AND after they've just downed a couple of litres of water.

I'm not so sure Ignoto. Every time I've been to a Brumbies function, I have been somewhat overawed by the size of the players, including those who look to be quite small out on the field. By way of example, I passed Tom Banks at Belconnen Mall a few days ago, and while he is not a giant on the field, he was of impressive size in the flesh.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
The left wing podcast , and Leinster fans events
To be fair he'd hardly bag anything to those audiences so I accept it could be taken with grain of salt
Im more confused as ever

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
So interesting stats:

So since the 2015 RWC Australia has played 30 test, won 13 lost 15 and 2 draws (Win percentage 43.33%). Ireland has played 28 test, won 20 lost 7 and drawn 1. (Win percentage 71.43%) (England 82.76 NZ 86.67 SA 42.31)

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I'm not so sure Ignoto. Every time I've been to a Brumbies function, I have been somewhat overawed by the size of the players, including those who look to be quite small out on the field. By way of example, I passed Tom Banks at Belconnen Mall a few days ago, and while he is not a giant on the field, he was of impressive size in the flesh.
Its funny i worked at city supabarn Joe Roff came in buying food.. He was absoutle massive and i was so surprised how big he was...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Revised prediction of today's team announcement having read a few articles:

1. Sio
2. BPA
3. Kepu
4. Coleman
5. Rodda
6. Pocock
7. Hooper
8. Timu
9. Genia
10. Foley
11. Koroibete
12. Beale
13. Kerevi
14. Hodge
15. Folau

16. Latu
17. Robertson
18. Tupou
19. Simmons
20. Tui
21. Samu
22. Phipps
23. Kuridrani

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
I’m sorry, I do not get the push for Kerevi at 13. There is no doubting his individual skillset and incredible athletic ability.
However, his defence is still horrible and he just appears to find it almost impossible to gel with the other players at both the reds and the Wallabies. You get the feeling he is playing to a different game plan to the rest of his side just about every time he runs out.
I hear that he is also a stand up guy and natural leader. That’s great but he is not what we need right now at outside centre.
Kurindrani must start this test. If not then Hodge in order to find a spot for him in the side. We have Foley, Beale and Folau to create opportunity with pace to burn our wide. Our 13 needs to be a rock in defence and be able to carry the ball forward.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I remember when I was a junior at Easts and saw Tom Bowman in the clubhouse. He was pretty much the biggest human I'd ever seen close up at that point.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
I’m sorry, I do not get the push for Kerevi at 13. There is no doubting his individual skillset and incredible athletic ability.
However, his defence is still horrible and he just appears to find it almost impossible to gel with the other players at both the reds and the Wallabies. You get the feeling he is playing to a different game plan to the rest of his side just about every time he runs out.
I hear that he is also a stand up guy and natural leader. That’s great but he is not what we need right now at outside centre.
Kurindrani must start this test. If not then Hodge in order to find a spot for him in the side. We have Foley, Beale and Folau to create opportunity with pace to burn our wide. Our 13 needs to be a rock in defence and be able to carry the ball forward.

Possibly the reason Kerevi gets selected before Kurindrani (if this happens), is the former has a higher level of fitness.
Cheika is a strong advocate of fitness, and Brad Thorn has delivered this in his coaching of Kerevi. At intense training sessions this week , Cheika would observ who hasn't got the gas over the distance

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Possibly the reason Kerevi gets selected before Kurindrani (if this happens), is the former has a higher level of fitness.
Cheika is a strong advocate of fitness, and Brad Thorn has delivered this in his coaching of Kerevi. At intense training sessions this week , Cheika would observ who hasn't got the gas over the distance
Their defensive stats are close (Kuridrani's is better) but their attacking stats are worlds apart.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
I would start TK with Hodge on the bench. I’m guessing that Kerevi will be in the 23 though. I would give his bench spot to Maddocks. We need stability amongst the creativity that is already there. Kurindrani always rises to the occasion even if his Super Rugby form has been less than stellar.
It looks as though DHP will also be there to add more play making ability. Ditto with Timu and Tongan Thor.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Everyone was so critical of Cheika last year when he complained about the fitness of players when the team got together in June suggesting he was making excuses for himself.

This year it is very clear that all the teams are a lot fitter and that has helped improve the Super Rugby results and the form of a bunch of players important to the Wallabies.

Status
Not open for further replies.