• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia vs South Africa - Brisbane 7th Sept 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
My only query: who plays open side if we lose Hooper?

Maybe it's back to the good old days of left & right flankers, which wouldn't be a disaster against the Saffas if they persist with the 10 man game.

I would say he sees Schatz as a utility back rower. Saffas dont seem to have a problem with playing 6s at 7 and 7s and 6 but regardless, Hooper has shown he has a massive motor so it will be only in the event of injury that he comes of anyway.

So keen for this. Going to the game and its going to be a cracker. Time for the boys to step up!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Is this like the "N" word in USA?

Australians can refer to the "Wobs" as "Wobs" as a term of endearment not derision. Woe betide anyone else who has the gall to follow our example.

Non-Australian posters must refer to the Australian national rugby team as "The QANTAS Wallabies" and nothing else. Anything less will inflame our delicate sensitivities.:D

You have been warned. :rolleyes:

As the Gaggerland Minister of Twee, I think I may be in serious breach of the guidelines above.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Key thing this week will be evidence of decent structures and a plan implemented

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Would have liked to see Sio starting but I guess we will need his impact in the later stages of the game.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
It will be interesting to see if we do better in the scrum with Slipper-Moore-Kepu.

Stoked to see the changes in the back line. It's what I had wanted to see for Bled 1.

C'ARN THE WALLABIES!

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Would have liked to see Sio starting but I guess we will need his impact in the later stages of the game.
Did you not see him get destroyed when he came on two weeks ago?
Potential yes, should we stick with him, yes, but he is no way ready to start.

Plus Slipper has been one of our best so far, although of a bad bunch.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Good changes, I like the look of the team. It has balance.

One of the biggest things I am pleased with is the stability with the centre pairing. Lilo and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) will be starting their 6th consecutive test together. It will be interesting to see how they combine this weekend, as I think their combo has been getting stronger and stronger.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
I thought Higginbotham dislocated his shoulder? That's 3 months max.
Not exactly mate, dislocated shoulder w/ shoulder recon to repair the damage = 6 weeks in sling, 6 more weeks of doing nothing but ROM exercises, then 3 months of strengthening and rehab after that before they get eased back into contact training over a few weeks. It's a six month turnaround at least

aeneas

Tom Lawton (22)
I am very pleased that The QANTAS Wallabies have Folau at full back. I had the impression that he may well have been the best player for either side in the first two bledisloe cup matches but never saw the ball. He reminds me of Jonah Lomu when he first made the all blacks lots and lots of talent but not enough actual rugby experience to be able to do all the right things and get involved.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Good changes, I like the look of the team. It has balance.

One of the biggest things I am pleased with is the stability with the centre pairing. Lilo and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) will be starting their 6th consecutive test together. It will be interesting to see how they combine this weekend, as I think their combo has been getting stronger and stronger.

Lilio and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) - great combo. Lilo seems to be the only Brum that has CEMENTED a starting spot. IMO this combo will be around for a number of years (although AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) must be coming to career end in next couple of years ????)

Alexander, Sio, Matt Tm, White and Moggy to the bench and Mowen needs to stave off Higgers upon his return.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I really think Mowen needs to have a strong game at 8 this week otherwise I'd strongly consider moving him back to 6 and playing Shatz or McCalman at 8.

8 seems to be the weakest position for the Wallabies when Palu is injured. So far Higgers and Mowen have both struggled to have an impact there.

As critical as many people are of Palu, he seems to be easily our best test 8 still.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
I like the team. This is the most excited I have been since the first bledisloe of 2013, oh wait...

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
THE BADGER!!!!

His selection and Izzy to 15 makes me nod my head furiously in agreement with the selectors. It needed to happen and hopefully we'll see some real go from the back three this week. I would have been happy for To'omua to stay at 10, but by the same token Cooper has a great record against the Boks (especially in Brisbane). The pack is fine, but I also worry about coverage at openside if Hooper is crocked. Hopefully Fardy gets stuck again and cements his spot.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I don't really see the controversy in starting Cooper over To'omua. First, Cooper was probably a bit unlucky not to get a shot at 10 from the start. Second, Link is two games into his Wallaby coaching career -- he should have some leeway to change things up a bit. Third, on what Link said then/now/whenever about Quade/To'omua/the bench -- he should have the right to change his mind or shift his valuation of performances and players.

Lets not forget if Quade had of come back in and got hammered by the all blacks his career in Gold would probably have been done.

Lets just hope To'omua wasn't Ewen sacrificial lamb...

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
That is the most agreeable Wallaby 15 I have seen in a loooong time.

I am a bit excited about Saturday now, can't wait to see what that team can do!
How many times have I heard this, this year, First with the Lions then with Links first game now with another team :) Its impressive (not that you have said this just with everyone in general have been happy with the team at one point... although we still lost :( )

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Unleash the badger,

This is so close to my starting team I had in my head when link took over.

I'm really pumped cummins , love his passion of the game

I'm happy as a "tree full of kookaburras" with the team. Just trying on some if the badger chat. :)

White and To'omua coming on later in the game is such a boost.

Status
Not open for further replies.