• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
He has said he doesn't like living in Canberra, and doesn't like the weather there at all. Too cold apparently.

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
He has said he doesn't like living in Canberra, and doesn't like the weather there at all. Too cold apparently.

So if he does switch to union and then get picked for the Wallabies, he'd sit out the NH tour because it's too cold? Might have to skip tests in NZ too as it can get a bit nippy there.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
The National Zoo and Aquarium opens its brumby enclosure today with four brumbies on display (real ones). Any chance of them being involved in match day activities?

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
So if he does switch to union and then get picked for the Wallabies, he'd sit out the NH tour because it's too cold? Might have to skip tests in NZ too as it can get a bit nippy there.

There's a difference between travelling for part of the year somewhere that's too cold, and living somewhere for the whole year.

Just repeating what he said anyway, you can take it at whatever level you want.

As unfair as it sounds, if he goes to union I'm pretty sure it will be to the Tahs simply because they are in Sydney. Any other franchise would have to fight hard to get him.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
The National Zoo and Aquarium opens its brumby enclosure today with four brumbies on display (real ones). Any chance of them being involved in match day activities?

Probably way, way too stressful for the animals to put them in a stadium.

Even with those tiny crowds ;)

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Apparently the Brumbies tried to shoot some promotional footage at the Zoo this morning. I am hearing that they had difficulties with the smallest Brumby who was aggressive and uncooperative!

And the largest Brumby scared the young children........

Reactions: mst

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Why is that unfair?

Tahs getting extra opportunity for players solely because they are based in Sydney? That's an advantage over the other teams.

I think it's fair to say that the Tahs and Reds have an advantage simply because they are the biggest bases of rugby in Australia.

T

Train Without a Station

Ash I think it was more so the number of players who receive ARU top ups making it easier to retain those players. Where as for example, the Reds lost Higginbotham because he received a low top up

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Tahs getting extra opportunity for players solely because they are based in Sydney? That's an advantage over the other teams.

I think it's fair to say that the Tahs and Reds have an advantage simply because they are the biggest bases of rugby in Australia.

An advantage but it's not unfair at all.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Depends on whether you call having an advantage unfair or not...semantics! Let's just agree it's an advantage.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
A few knocks tonight but nothing too serious including a few corks.

Moore should be right next week
Sio is a few weeks away apparently
Fotu about 3-4 weeks away

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
A few knocks tonight but nothing too serious including a few corks.

Moore should be right next week
Sio is a few weeks away apparently
Fotu about 3-4 weeks away

Thought Laurie said at half time that Scott would be back next week and that Tom McVerry would also be available. Was I hearing things?

Status
Not open for further replies.