• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Brumbies have signed Lausii Taliauli for 2015

He's a big unit too at 193cm and 101kg.

Has played in the 7's setup and spent some time at the Gold Coast Titans in 2011/12.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Probably backup outside back/winger. Probably behind Ah Wong for centres and Speight/Tomane for wings.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Or could we get Nathan Charles back? Seems odd that the Brumbies have supplied so many hookers to other provinces, some when the province was in desperate need because of injuries, but the favour didn't seem to be returned this year when the Brumbies/Vikings finished with none of their top three No 2s.

As opposed to taking Siliva Siliva off us? We developed him more than you developed Charles.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Taliuali played a game in the NRC (maybe off the bench) and looked very impressive to me. Very hard to stop with ball in hand. I would like to see him develop as a backup No 15 as we are a bit short there atm.

Hans

Fred Wood (13)
Did anyone notice in the pictures of the Brumbies training yesterday in the SMH, Henry Hutchison (2014 aus schoolboy) was down with the players. Hell of a player for the Tahs to let slip through the cracks!

Any of the snouts in the capital know what sort of involvement he is having?

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Did anyone notice in the pictures of the Brumbies training yesterday in the SMH, Henry Hutchison (2014 aus schoolboy) was down with the players. Hell of a player for the Tahs to let slip through the cracks!

Any of the snouts in the capital know what sort of involvement he is having?
The Brumbies brought in some club players to make up the numbers in pre season with the Wallabies away so they can do 15 on 15 training

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Any information as to why Uni of Canberra did not renew? Given the prevalence of tertiary institutions sponsoring rugby entities the reason might be of some wider significance.

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
My base understanding is that they signed a 2 year deal in 2012.
When the Brumbies couldn’t get another sponsor at the start of 2014, the Uni signed a 1 year deal which finished at the end of this season.

They’ve been looking for a sponsor for months and there was an article a while back stating that they were looking for international sponsors as there was nothing dong in the ACT.

Australian rugby’s good news just keeps on rolling.........

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
They should follow the Force from last season and sponsor each starting jersey.

Instead of 1 mill, it's (say) 15 x 70k.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
That's a shame all right. I was looking forward to Peter Slipper and Cabcharge sponsoring a couple of players. I'm sure they would be able to achieve this somehow.

Other opportunities:

The Senate Estimates Inquiry Fullback?

Speaker of the House's Office Inside Centre.

Office of PM and Cabinet Hooker.

ASIS OSF (for obvious reasons).

Fyshwick Chamber of Commerce No 8.

The Royal Commission into <insert issue of the day> should have a quid or two to chip in as well.

The Telecom Tower Locks.

The Liberal Coalition Party Right Winger.

The ALP Left Winger.

The Forestry Pulp and Paper Industry Lobby Group Bench,

The Australian Submarine Corporation Flyhalf (they are well over budget on their projects, so what's another lousy $100k amongst the Billions?)

Status
Not open for further replies.