• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Did anyone notice in the pictures of the Brumbies training yesterday in the SMH, Henry Hutchison (2014 aus schoolboy) was down with the players. Hell of a player for the Tahs to let slip through the cracks!

Any of the snouts in the capital know what sort of involvement he is having?

From my snouts (and they seem like reliable snouts) amongst high school leavers in the last few years, and boys in the Sydney club footy scene, Ive heard Hutchison has been offered a contract of some sort. I'm reasonably sure he's member of the squad, or the wider training squad, and not just an invitee to a few sessions.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
From my snouts (and they seem like reliable snouts) amongst high school leavers in the last few years, and boys in the Sydney club footy scene, Ive heard Hutchison has been offered a contract of some sort. I'm reasonably sure he's member of the squad, or the wider training squad, and not just an invitee to a few sessions.

ANU is very popular with Sydney kids at the moment....might have something to do with it

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^ ANU is regularly assessed as a "better" university than the establishment sandstone universities in Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne in the various surveys and academic league tables that are published.

A snout has suggested that HH is being courted for the Rugby 7's programme. He has blistering pace and may suit the shortened version of the game quite well.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
So wonder if the mining company will sponsor us just to annoy Poey. Imagine him having to run out with the mining company logo and I love Coal Brumbies. Make him go in marketing ads. Maybe spite could get us sponsorship

T

TOCC

On the other hand there are plenty of companies in Australia with a corporate social responsibility strategy of sustainable development and energy, it's not unreasonable to suggest that certain companies would happily be aligned with a player like Pocock.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
So, looking into the crystal ball for next year, the Brumbies will field a starting lineup (assuming no injuries) similar to :

15 Mogg (past Wallaby)
14 Speight (present Wallaby)
13 Kuridrani (present Wallaby)
12 Lealiifano (present Wallaby)
11 Tomane (present Wallaby)
10 To'omua (present Wallaby)
9 White (present Wallaby)
8 Aeulua (future Wallaby?)
7 Pocock (past Wallaby)
6 Fardy (present Wallaby)
5 Carter (present Wallaby)
4 Smiler (past 7s player for Aus & NZ)
3 Alexander (present Wallaby)
2 Moore (present Wallaby)
1 Sio (present Wallaby)

Bench will come from :

16 Siliva/Mann Rea (future/present Wallabies)
17 JP Smith/Makin
18 Ruan Smith/Ala'alatoa
19 Arnold/Staniforth/Enever
20 Butler/Doyle/Perry
21 Dowsett/Powell
22 Coleman/Iona
23 Ah Wong/Dargaville/Taliauli/Hodge

The starting lineup is very nearly the current Wallabies and so long as they stay fit will give the comp a real shake. Their success however will more likely be determined by how the bench players come on. There's a lot of inexperience amongst the forwards reserves. Hoping that injuries don't play a major part in their program in 2015.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Putting Butler outside the XV makes no sense to me, he was the Vikings best player and has been a rock in the 7 since Pocock/Smith. He'd start over Pocock until he can prove some kind of form.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Putting Butler outside the XV makes no sense to me, he was the Vikings best player and has been a rock in the 7 since Pocock/Smith. He'd start over Pocock until he can prove some kind of form.

Half the forum would pick Pocock to start at 7 if the Wallabies were playing a test in February!

I guess it will depend how Pocock goes in the trials as to whether he is eased into Super Rugby. I'm guessing they'll give him limited minutes in his first coupe of games at least.

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
Also i dont think Auelua is a future wallaby. Its not that hes not good, but with up and comers like Gray and Timani, i doubt an old bloke like Auelua will get a chance unless a scenario like this year with Mann-Rea happens

T

TOCC

If Pocock is fit and has proven his form in the trials then he starts.. Butler is good, but he isn't of the same calibre as Pocock.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Butler will play 8 over Futo. Poey 7 and Smiler/Futo 6. Fardy/Carter as locks

that's they way I reckon they'll go, Auelua looked a little off the pace in the NRC, though it may be Fardy at 6 with Staniforth or Arnold partnering Carter.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
If Pocock is fit and has proven his form in the trials then he starts.. Butler is good, but he isn't of the same calibre as Pocock.

Yeah but Butler has played the last 2 years and has form on the board. Pocock has zero form, to suggest he's going to come back and be as good as he was straight away is naive.

T

TOCC

Yeah but Butler has played the last 2 years and has form on the board. Pocock has zero form, to suggest he's going to come back and be as good as he was straight away is naive.

Optimistic perhaps but it's not naive to suggest that Pocock will be the starting openside in rd 1, Fotu Aueluea is also returning from injury and I thinks it's more likely that Fotu will return from the bench then it is that Pocock would..

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I'd have Poey starting specially after a full pre-season... He may be a little off the pace but play him into form. later in the game butler to 7 Futo on at 8 if Poey struggling.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Also i dont think Auelua is a future wallaby. Its not that hes not good, but with up and comers like Gray and Timani, i doubt an old bloke like Auelua will get a chance unless a scenario like this year with Mann-Rea happens

I should remind you about Radike Samo. An older bloker who had 1-2 decent seasons with the wallabies.

If Fotu has an outstanding season their absolutely no reason why he wouldn't be select for the wallabies and serve them for a good 1,2 or even 3 seasons.

T

TOCC

I'd have Poey starting specially after a full pre-season. He may be a little off the pace but play him into form. later in the game butler to 7 Futo on at 8 if Poey struggling.

Yeah that's how I see it playing out, Fotu is the type of guy who needs to be eased back in to regain match fitness, especially after his injury run and history of easily packing on the weight.

Pocock will take back open-side, Butler will be bumped to elsewhere in the backrow. Depends where Fardy will play, lock or blindside.

Status
Not open for further replies.