• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Time to update this list:

Nigel Ah Wong
Allan Ala'alatoa
Ben Alexander
Rory Arnold
Fotu Auelua
Jarrad Butler
Sam Carter
Robbie Coleman
James Dargaville
Michael Dowsett
Sean Doyle
Blake Enever (added - Ed.)
Scott Fardy
Rod Iona
Tevita Kuridrani
Christian Lealiifano
Les Makin
Josh Mann-Rea
Jesse Mogg
Stephen Moore
David Pocock
Siliva Siliva
Scott Sio
Jordan Smiler
JP Smith
Ruan Smith
Henry Speight
Tom Staniforth
Joe Tomane
Matt To'omua
Nic White

By my count that's 31, with 12 backs and 19 forwards. - (Updated)

I remember Larkham saying they were hoping for a squad of 32 so you'd think they'd be aiming for more backs based on that.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Baa Baa let me guess. Kimlin shouldn't have left in the first place, but Douglas shouldn't have been allowed to go? That is to say, Kimlin should have been prepared to play for his existing Super contract, but the ARU should have kicked in with more for Douglas. Am I reading it right?

True. And let's not forget that the ARU haven't event tried to keep Greg Peterson on our shores. For fuck's sake do they think 4th string locks grow on trees?

But seriously, there are no sour grapes but I just have no sympathy towards players who have trouble achieving their 'wallaby dream' after making the decision to leave our shores one year before a World Cup.

Whilst I understand the reasons for going offshore, they knew when they made the call that this situation could take place.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Time to update this list:

Nigel Ah Wong
Allan Ala'alatoa
Ben Alexander
Rory Arnold
Fotu Auelua
Jarrad Butler
Sam Carter
Robbie Coleman
James Dargaville
Blake Enever (added - Ed.)
Michael Dowsett
Sean Doyle
Scott Fardy
Rod Iona
Tevita Kuridrani
Christian Lealiifano
Les Makin
Josh Mann-Rea
Jesse Mogg
Stephen Moore
David Pocock
Siliva Siliva
Scott Sio
Jordan Smiler
JP Smith
Ruan Smith
Henry Speight
Tom Staniforth
Joe Tomane
Matt To'omua
Nic White

By my count that's 30, with 12 backs and 18 forwards.

I remember Larkham saying they were hoping for a squad of 32 so you'd think they;'d be aiming for 2 more backs based on that.

Backs do look to need bolstering rather than the forwards, although could be a bit short on locks even with having Fardy play there. Either two backs or one plus another lock are needed. If only one extra back, better to get someone to cover wing/No 15 or 10/12? Can Dargaville play 15 I wonder. I am not sold on Robbie there. He is all ticker but can be exploited by oppositions putting up high kicks with big wingers charging through on him.

Doesn't a squad of 32 look a bit light on. I think the Reds and Tahs are talking about 35.

B

Bobby Sands

He is definitely down there in some capacity. Big loss for us I feel, but the Brums will make him a very good TH lock - so all is good in love and war.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I remember when Dargaville made the JWC team and plenty of people were mystified why he was selected and thought others were more deserving.

Whilst that still may have been the case, the selectors were clearly onto something. Really showed a lot in the NRC. There's a bit of Nick Cummins about him in the way he crashes the ball up. No frills sort of winger who really puts in.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
I remember when Dargaville made the JWC team and plenty of people were mystified why he was selected and thought others were more deserving.

I was one of them because he was chosen as a back and I had only seen him as a backrower at school and had not seen him in Colts.

Then when I saw him in a warm-up game at Rat Park before they went overseas he didn't change my opinion.

I have a different opinion now though.

Alicia

Bob McCowan (2)
Some kid called Connor Vest has been training with the team, 19 and previously with the Tahs apparently. Never heard of him to be completely honest..

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Good young second rower. Played for CHS and Combined States in 2012 and for Norths Colts in Sydney in 2013 and was highly rated by the club.

Was in the NSW Under 20s selection games this year but damaged his ACL.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
A comparison could be made between James Dargaville and George North.

Both Dargaville and North started off as forwards (in North's case, he was a lock), and you can discern that fact from their physicality.

We all know how prolific North is, so it will be interesting to see how Dargaville goes at the Brumbies.

B

Bobby Sands

Another one who is similar to North is the young back the Reds just signed, Magnay. He is 195cm, but as far as I can see never spent anytime in the forwards. Whether that was because he was too lean (doubtful) or that he just moved so well, or in fact that he had a league background. Either way, it would seem very strange that a 195cm rugby player at Nudgee College would not be played at Lock. I hope it means he's a hell of a footballer.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
I got "ambushed" by some Brumbies supporters on Monday.

I was back in Quirindi for an Aunt's 100th birthday bash. Mrs D and I stayed with Sam Carter's Grandparents for three nights. Whilst we were there, I drove us all out to see Sam's parents and his Sister on the family property. I was sitting at the table about to have lunch when Dave walked in after injecting some calves. He saw my boots and my "Reds Rugby" cap on a chair at the back door, went to one corner of the kitchen, then came over, handed me two Brumbies stickers, and said "you'd better put these on your vehicles"! Ten minutes later, Sam's Sister, Georgie, came in after taking the cows and calves back to their paddock, saw my "Reds Rugby" cap, went over to the same corner of the kitchen, then over to the dinning table, handed me a Brumbies sticker, and said, "I think you should have one of these on your car"!!!
I only recently purchased the vehicle, and I've placed an old RWC sticker proclaiming : "Wallabies, Australia against the World", but I haven't obtained a current Reds sticker yet.
I now feel obligated to have both a Reds sticker and a Brumbies sticker on both my vehicle and Mrs Ds. We will also send the third Brumbies sticker to Miss Doug in Whistler BC, Canada, to be put on her bright red 2014 Toyota Corolla, which I christened "Pauline"!!

Status
Not open for further replies.