• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^^^ One has already left God's Own Country when One departs AUS.

End. Of. Story.

I get your point but there are less options for flying SYD-WLG than there are for SYD-AKL. That is a consideration.

South Wairarapa wine is mostly tame Pinot Noirs. Pffft. Get me some real wine with some body and character. I do note that, for the VB drinkers, there is a Tui Brewery near Masterton (mangatainoka). Beer drinkers may want to avoid that detour.

Wellywood on a calm day is a very attractive town and AKL (jaffaland to some) is a just another sprawling city,

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Gee it's good that Banks is a talented finisher with a solid kicking game and we're all getting along

It started off innocently......

QCieJ.png

brokendown

Vay Wilson (31)
Nothing, I repeat NOTHING is worth flying to Auckland unless you really, really, REALLY have to :) Smart option is to fly into Wellywood, hire a car, head over the Rimutaka Hill & check out the South Wairarapa wine & food trail en route to Napier. Or go straight there: ~3 hours via the Manawatu Gorge, a bit longer if it's closed & you've gotta use the Saddle or the Pahiatua Track.

EDIT: upside of of the latter option(s) is that in order to get to the Gorge/ Saddle/ Track, one must first pass through God's Own Country aka the 'nua :)
you mean banjo country?

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Next year's squad by position looks to be :

LHP : Sott Sio, Nic Mayhew, Faaelei Sione;

No 2 : Saia Fainga'a, Josh Mann-Rea, Robbie Abel;

THP : Allan Ala'alatoa, Ben Alexander, Les Leulua'iali'i Makin;

No 4 : Rory Arnold, Tom Staniforth;

No 5 : Sam Carter, Blake Enever, Ben Hyne;

No 6 : Scott Fardy, Jordan Smiler, Tom Cusack;

No 7 : Chris Alcock,

No 8 : Jarrad Butler, Lolo Fakaosilea;

No 9 : Tomas Cubelli, Joe Powell, Ryan Lonergan;

No 10 : Nic Jooste,

No 11 : Lausi Taliauli, James Dargaville,

No 12 : Kyle Godwin, Anthony Fainga'a, Jordan Jackson-Hope;

No 13 : Tevita Kuridrani, Andrew Smith,

No 14 : Henry Speight, Nigel Ah-Wong;

No 15 : Aidan Toua, Tom Banks

Have ignored Pocock and Lealiifano who still appear in the squad on the website.

Forwards look to be a bit light on at Nos 7 and 8, while the backs are missing a No 10 to either start or back up Jooste. Hopefully Wharenui Hawera will prove to be up to the job.

Any other spots yet to be filled on the roster for 2017?

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
Here's the official squad list released tody, only difference from the names in the earlier post seems to be the addition of Rob Valetini plus they're still listing Lealiifano.

BRUMBIES 2017 SQUAD

PROPS

Allan Ala'alatoa
Ben Alexander
Leslie Leulua’iali’i-Makin
Nic Mayhew
Scott Sio
Faalelei Sione
HOOKERS

Robbie Abel
Saia Fainga’a
Josh Mann-Rea
LOCKS

Rory Arnold
Sam Carter
Blake Enever
Tom Staniforth
LOOSE FORWARDS

Chris Alcock
Jarrad Butler
Tom Cusack
Lolo Fakaosilea
Scott Fardy
Ben Hyne
Jordan Smiler
Rob Valetini
SCRUMHALVES

Tomás Cubelli
Ryan Lonergan
Joe Powell
INSIDE BACKS

Anthony Fainga’a
Kyle Godwin
Jordan Jackson-Hope
Nick Jooste
Christian Lealiifano
OUTSIDE BACKS

Nigel Ah Wong
James Dargaville
Tevita Kuridrani
Andrew Smith
Henry Speight
Lausii Taliauli
FULLBACKS

Tom Banks
Aidan Toua

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
No 10 still looks to be the spot with least cover. A thought I had some time ago; Toua might be able to make the transition. He fills in at first receiver a lot from full back, has a strong kick if not well directed, and if anyone can make it work it would be Bernie Larkham.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
No 10 still looks to be the spot with least cover. A thought I had some time ago; Toua might be able to make the transition. He fills in at first receiver a lot from full back, has a strong kick if not well directed, and if anyone can make it work it would be Bernie Larkham.

The only problem with the idea is the coaching consultant you refer to has very limited availability and the current head coach has limited experience with backs.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Yeah MST, looks like the HC might have had quite a bit of say in the makeup of the squad with a particular emphasis on the forwards. Expect to see a continuation of the rolling maul being the main weapon in the 2017 armory.

Reactions: mst

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
I noticed the media article during the week mentioned that while the consultant is away the HC has had to put all this year’s plans together so far and he was a little nervous doing all himself but thought it was a good chance was a good chance to show his stuff before his appointment interview for the permenant HC role.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rug...ephen-larkhams-last-year-20161120-gstax8.html

So I don't get the logic? We are thin on the ground @10, an injury would be a major drama, form will be an issue so why not sign the last 2, even if one is on a "good" EPS deal especially when some key players will be missing until just prior to kick off.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rug...liifano-and-matt-To'omua-20161121-gstzhh.html

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
Words can't describe how negligent Larkham has been in his time as Brumbies head coach. Putting is on selfish ambition ahead of the future of the team. He should have walked when offered the wallabies job.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Words can't describe how negligent Larkham has been in his time as Brumbies head coach. Putting is on selfish ambition ahead of the future of the team. He should have walked when offered the wallabies job.

Welcome to professional rugby.

Bernie going might actually be a godsend.

As a Reds supporter I'd love to have Bernie there at athe Brumbies.

Having said that I reckon he is the only Wallaby Coach that by the end of the Tour his department had actually improved quite a bit. The rest sucked !

Status
Not open for further replies.