• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Words can't describe how negligent Larkham has been in his time as Brumbies head coach. Putting is on selfish ambition ahead of the future of the team. He should have walked when offered the wallabies job.

It is interesting that many of the Kiwi sides don't even get together til around now yet we think the coach needs to be in a full time job all year round.

Seriously just how "full time" is a super rugby coaching gig in September?

How many planning days does it take?

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
It is interesting that many of the Kiwi sides don't even get together til around now yet we think the coach needs to be in a full time job all year round.

Seriously just how "full time" is a super rugby coaching gig in September?

How many planning days does it take?

Does that go the same for Wallaby level ?

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
All Kiwi sides were announced a month or two back and have been off resting.

The Brumbies are yet to settle their roster and have been training for weeks.

So the players are fulltime but not coaches? Odd idea. Maybe if they got their shit together (coaches) they could do like the Kiwis and have coordinated breaks. But it isn't the case.

As for the Wallabies coaches being full time, if ever there was a model that need an overhaul that's the one. How many coaches and what do they do for most of the year? Aussie rugby operates under a decentralised model so they contribute how? It's a conversation for another forum but you have to ask has the ARU effectively robbed Peter to pay Paul by removing a Super Rugby coaches out of a franchise that is in need of rebuilding?

Ps- when I say ARU that includes the Brumbies as it an aru appointed and employed CEO at the helm of the Brumbies.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
yep, it is why they send all the coaches out to "help" the franchises & clubs

Mick Byrne is the only one worth his pay (ATM)
Larkham has improved in the last little while, certainly on EOYT.Other 2 blokes don't bring much at all. Really don't see the benefit of them being fulltime at all

T

TOCC

Wasn't the current coaching situation agreed upon prior to 2016, that is under the non-ARU appointee..

Phil Thomson and now Michael Thomson seemed to inject a bit of stability into ACT Rugby after the events of recent history.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Michael Thomson hasn't started yet. Not until late January.

^^^^Has already stated that searching for a new HC will be a priority once he starts and they may appoint before the end of the season (and yes the carpark is in play!).

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Here's how the new name on the jersey will look

IMG_6173.jpg

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I haven't really been following things closely, but I thought Aquis were sponsoring the Brumbies for another year?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Alrighty, just read the article..........

Good news on the financial front..............

Particularly with the recent threats of cutting teams it's handy to be boasting the biggest jersey sponsorship deal in the country.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
I haven't really been following things closely, but I thought Aquis were sponsoring the Brumbies for another year?
Devil is in the detail. IIRC the Aquis deal was a one year initially, similar value but more community commitment. So I would hazard a guess that Aquis who have been reported as being unhappy with the Brumbies affair did a "Holden to Eddie's Magpies" deal and insisted funds be diverted to ACT rugby which impacts the Brumbies but shows goodwill by Aquis.

Aquis have repositioned as official partner. I wonder if this is strategic as there are indications Aquis is involved in potential future plans.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Anyone seen any terms or actual value of the deal? Seems to be the key details missing after the boast about the value.

Status
Not open for further replies.