• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies vs Waratahs Super Rugby-R4 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
What's a Clyde Rathbone t-shirt?

Does it only come in XL but will shrink three sizes the first time you put it in the wash? :eek:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-AK (Andrew Kellaway)-prn1/549216_503710153019191_1382446960_n.jpg

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
So the way I see it, one of two things will happen:
1. The Waratahs avoid breakdowns but lose the ball when eventually tackled.
2. The Waratahs fail to avoid the breakdown and their one-man-out strategy means they lose the ball after about three phases.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
From what I saw on Dave Pococks instagram its a yellow shirt with the words "I am Clyde"

I see they didn't make a similar shirt for the return of Christian Lealiifano.

I'd bet the house on the fact that you wouldn't see David Pocock modelling that t-shirt. :rolleyes:

aussie1st

Alfred Walker (16)
Good looking side by both teams, hopefully some good weather so there are no excuses for some attacking footy.

The Rant

Fred Wood (13)
Everything about this game says it will either be very special or amazingly dissapointing!

I like Volavola coming into the pack and I think Folau will do better on the wing - but I would have preferred Carter be the one we cut instead of Kingston who has been ok. Volavola can play 12 I'm sure - would then be a very interesting game with both teams feilding playmaker 10-12 combos.

To'omua vs foley will be intersting. Foley has been injecting energy into the tahs and is trying to make this happens, To'omua is more settled and controls things calmly - a lot more classy than i recall but then again we really haven't seen him the last couple of years due to injury.

Expect Hooper and Pocock to both turn up hard and take this game a bit more seriously than usual - hooper will try and outpoint the master and pocock will be looking to deal out a lesson. Maybe Smith will just come out show em all in the last 20?

Bring.it.on

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
So the way I see it, one of two things will happen:
1. The Waratahs avoid breakdowns but lose the ball when eventually tackled.
2. The Waratahs fail to avoid the breakdown and their one-man-out strategy means they lose the ball after about three phases.

3. The Tahs keep the ball alive, play at a high pace with accuracy, force the Brumbies into errors and build a lead

Richo

John Thornett (49)
I tipped the Tahs on SuperBru. It puts me in a tiny minority, but I'm willing to risk it for the added jubilation of being in Canberra when we geld these Brumbies. :D

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Just about to head out the door to drive down. Heart says Tahs by 3, head says Brumbies by 6.

Braveheart81 did you book the Wig & Pen for after the game?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Just about to head out the door to drive down. Heart says Tahs by 3, head says Brumbies by 6.

Braveheart81 did you book the Wig & Pen for after the game?

Nope. I'm not sure if Lindommer did. He was the one who suggested it.

I'm not sure what our group is doing after the game but we should make it to the Wig and Pen for a couple before the game.

Based on last year, I doubt they'd let you book a section. It's a pretty small bar and we had to queue for a few minutes last year to get in because it was full when we got there after the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.