• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

England v Australia, Sunday 19 November 2:00am AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
All of those decisions are fine by me. There was a screenshot floating around about Robshaw being offside, but the fact is he got back further as the play developed.

You could make the argument that Robshaw still got to Koroibete and didn't prevent the try, but by the letter of the law, Moore obstructed him EVEN IF the material effect was sod all. BUT 9 times out of 10 that would be an accidental offside, not a penalty.

Wipe, flush, move on.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Yeah nah, wasn’t clear, 50/50 call at best

I'm not defending Beale BTW, I agree he should have got there and he looked like a goose. But there's either green stuff between the ball and the touchline or there isn't, and there isn't. Therefore it's touching it.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Weird. I've only just watched the match, and there is so much that went against us I just don't know where to start. There is PLENTY in the Cheika methodology that drives me nuts. But not this game, and not his reaction during the game, and not his being interviewed after. I do have some, a lot, of great annoyance in this game. Cheika is just not on the list. I'm hoping that the boys stewed after the game. That they seethed and wanted to kick something. And that next time there is a new point to prove. But while we are all cogitating: x Enever did fantastic, can you imagine a bigger shit sandwich than your first cap being this game? He did great. x Hanigan, OK maybe I have one gripe with Cheika, Hanigan was going OK especially with a 7 pig forward pack. He could have stayed longer. x Kerevi was awesome. Should not have been taken off. x Hunt did not have a chance, hope we continue to give him opportunities x Genia and Beale had their worst games of the year. x Eddie Jones did after all have a strategy to hit the Wallabies. The weather played into his hands. So did the officials. x Our scrum matches England. In my mind if not the officials. Even without a scrum coach.

Eddie certainly had a strategy to counter the Wallabies' attack. Every time a player took the ball in the second wave, they were immediately hit by the defense. Eddie had quite clearly analysed the Wallabies' set plays and had a defensive tactic to counter them.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I'm not defending Beale BTW, I agree he should have got there and he looked like a goose. But there's either green stuff between the ball and the touchline or there isn't, and there isn't. Therefore it's touching it.

Disagree, wasn't clear to me it touched the line. i would have called it in. Even with my hatred for England.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Highlights are even painful to watch. Putting aside whether they were tries or not the attacking play is all us until the last minute in the video. Kerevi's break is so good to watch such great feet for a big guy, hope the Reds keep him at 12.

Then, to back it up, he was the closest Wallaby player when Daly scored at the other end. Counted for nought of course, but good to see that sort of effort.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Well done England - you deserved to win.

Hooper has become a Y/C magnet and his decision making is not so good. Add to that Beale's Y/C and one has to congratulate the other 13 blokes for standing up for that period.

The effort those 13/14 put in for 20 minutes was outstanding but comes at a cost,.

Our bench was pretty poor.

Personally I thought whilst Kerevi had some good moments one bad one (think it was him) after a great run showing a lack of ball security, lead to a Pommy try.

Australia went well (or at least scrambled well) for 60 minutes but then we dropped the bundle, a bit like Argentina does generally.

Genia was atrocious and Kurtley poor. Keps and Sio were good but the bench was poor.

The Ref was poor but most Refs are always poor to the losing side.

The most disappointing aspect of the whole spectacle, was the disgraceful interview by Chek. Last time in a presser he deliberately lied about Israel pulling the hair. The reporter didn't really go after him. This morning the female Pommy reporter did and he spat the dummy.

Jeez that is a bad look for Australian sports people (not only rugby)

T

TOCC

It really depends on which angle you viewed it from, and whilst we wont agree on whether it was in or out, i think we can agree that it was a close call either way
DO9DsDLUMAABEfN.jpg:large

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
It really depends on which angle you viewed it from, and whilst we wont agree on whether it was in or out, i think we can agree that it was a close call either way
DO9DsDLUMAABEfN.jpg:large
True and by and large it’s irrelevant so I won’t push the issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Personally I thought whilst Kerevi had some good moments one bad one (think it was him) after a great run showing a lack of ball security, lead to a Pommy try.

The pass was a touch high, but it was on, and it was good enough that he could reasonably expect Kuridrani to catch it.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Wallabies Ruck Involvements against England

Hooper: 25 Total - 21 Attack/4 Defence (72 mins)
Simmons: 25T - 24A/1D (72 mins)
Kepu: 23T - 21A/2D (66 mins)
Enever: 20T - 20A/0D (61 mins)
McMahon: 20T - 17A/3D (82 mins)
TPN: 19T - 17A/2D (63 mins)
Hanigan: 18T - 17A/1D (40 mins)
Sio: 17T - 15A/2D (70 mins)
McCalman: 15T - 11A/4D (42 mins)
Philip: 8T - 7A/1D (21 mins)

BACKS: Kuridrani: 14T - 12A/2D (82 mins); Koroibete: 11T - 9A/2D (82 mins)

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Well who can blame them the way Chek polarises nationalities, opposition coaches and players from ALL teams (including ours)

Man i don't really get this shit. He's not an ambassador hes a fucken coach and his team lost. I'd be pissed too.

Reactions: TSR

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Man i don't really get this shit. He's not an ambassador hes a fucken coach and his team lost. I'd be pissed too.

FFS The bloke is representing one of our national teams. A little bit of class would go a long way. You'd probably be OK with " We lost because of the fucking cheating fuckwit of a ref and the cheating grubs we played against !"

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
England Ruck Involvements against Wallabies

Robshaw: 27 Total - 22 Attack/3 Defence (82 mins)
Hartley: 20T - 18A/2D (56 mins)
Launchbury: 16T - 14A/2D (82 mins)
Cole: 15T - 12A/3D (66 mins)
Itoje: 14T - 11A/3D (66 mins)
Lawes: 14T - 11A/3D (82 mins)
Hughes: 10T - 5A/5D (63 mins)
Vunipola: 8T - 5A/3D (63 mins)

Bit of an analysis to follow. But unsure when.....

Status
Not open for further replies.