• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Fantasy Super Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Finally cracked 400 points in this year's fantasy comp!
Stoked that some of my gambles paid off - TKB scoring 22, Cooper scoring 50, and captaining Folau!

Now to get rid of some underperforming outside backs

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I'm up to 2nd in the GAGR league on the ARU Fantasy site.

Who else is playing there or are you all playing on the Foxsports site?

HSM

Allen Oxlade (6)

Only playing Fox myself - back up to 9th in the GAGR, mostly due to Cooper, Vermeulen, and Coleman. I have played Cooper and Vermeulen all year despite some average scoring, so it was pleasing to finally see them score. I had never seen Coleman play until I watched the Brumbies-Tahs game - I saw how bloody quick he was and picked him purely because of that!

Hoping not to have to use the wild card this week - but a handful of injuries and players in the same position who both have byes may force my hand.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Jeez, this week is tough. Cheetahs, Lions and Force make up pretty much my entire back row.

Made all my available transfers only to later find out Folau ain't playing. Not sure I'll hit 300 points this week but fingers crossed.

Also.... Beale or Lambie??

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Jeez, this week is tough. Cheetahs, Lions and Force make up pretty much my entire back row.

Made all my available transfers only to later find out Folau ain't playing. Not sure I'll hit 300 points this week but fingers crossed.

Also.. Beale or Lambie??
Lambie has a torn bicep or arm related injury. Out for like a month at least.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
This week I have two injured, two dropped/rested, two suspended and two on a bye. Three others are scoring poorly, and a couple of the rest are very inconsistent.

Hate to do it but I think I might have to use my wildcard this week.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)

Maybe there's only two Gaggers left in it. Still playing on the ARU site but totally frustrated. This week my whole team shows zero points, no idea why. Third major problem I've had with the site, reported problems the first two times only to be totally ignored or sent non-messages. I'm a patient man but this is ridiculous.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Maybe there's only two Gaggers left in it. Still playing on the ARU site but totally frustrated. This week my whole team shows zero points, no idea why. Third major problem I've had with the site, reported problems the first two times only to be totally ignored or sent non-messages. I'm a patient man but this is ridiculous.

If I wasn't doing a lot better in the ARU comp then I would have pulled the pin. Sitting 29 overall so it is probably worth holding out. The other possibility is there are only 29 of us left trying to get our heads around it and I am last.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
What are the odds that izzy will Still get named in the tahs game. If not I might have to use my wild card

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
What are the odds that izzy will Still get named in the tahs game. If not I might have to use my wild card

I dont mind using the wildcard early if you need to fix up screw-ups. Could dodge it if you pick the right captain

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
If I wasn't doing a lot better in the ARU comp then I would have pulled the pin. Sitting 29 overall so it is probably worth holding out. The other possibility is there are only 29 of us left trying to get our heads around it and I am last.

I am still trying and sitting 32nd. So some of those who have stopped playing have made better decisions than I....

For those still playing in the ARU comp here is your weekly warning. This is getting hard.

Front Row
With Adriaan Strauss (Cheetahs) on a bye & James Parsons (Blues) named on the bench I have dropped Parsons for Ben Franks.

Expect Tom McCartney to be motrally wounded in the warm-up bringing James into the starting line-up & playing a blinder. Franks will have a brain explosion playing against his old team and be red carded in the first half.

Second Row
I have dropped the injured & underperforming Flip van der Merwe (Bulls) for Brodie Retallick (Chiefs) and demoted Hugh Pyle (Rebels) to the bench.

From this I would expect Retallick to break a leg in the forst 10 mins and Hugh to show Carter & Fardy how to really play lock.

Back Row
With the Cheetahs having a bye I have been forced to drop Labuschagne for Shane Cristie (Highlanders) and Sit van der Walt on the bench.

Sorry Highlanders..........

Five Eight
So I had Boshoff (Lions) and Godwin (Force). Therefore I dropped Godwin, put Boshoff on the bench and brought in Jaques-Louis Potgeiter (Bulls). To make matters worse I have given Jaques-Louis the Captain's arm band.

I full expect to get -10 out of my five-eight this weekend.

I don't know what I have been scoring per round because I keep forgetting to take note of my total at the end of the previous round & when I look at the 'Period Points' field it either shows 0 or my total so buggered if I know.....

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
In the ARU comp, I have one transfer left for this round and am deliberating over whether I replace Beauden Barrett with Lima Sopoaga (Sopoaga's goalkicking was excellent last week and the Blues give up lots of points).

Other options are to replace a back:

Current backline is Lwazi Mvovo, Ben Smith (c), Frank Halai, Pete Betham, Charles Piutau.

Not sure who I'd bring in if I switched a backline player. Possibly Jesse Mogg as his matchup against the Rebels is a good one on paper.

Thoughts?

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
So had a poor week scoring wise, and now dropped to like the top 2000/2500. Regret transferring out the hot and cold Woodward for Tom Marshall, and playing Conrad Smith over Ryan Crotty. I think I might just pull the trigger and use the wildcard.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Here is your friendly weekly warning..... for those that have not yet pulled the trigger on their transfers.

Front Row
I have replaced Stephen Moore (Brumbies) with Chris King (Higlanders). I know, but with Squeaky sitting out this week and Kane Hames also not playing one of them had to go.

Second Row
With Hugh Pyle (Rebels) out of sorts in the fantsay game I hag replaced him with Jeremy Thrush (Hurricanes). If that is not enough to motivate him to score a hat-trick of tries, kick two drop goals and break all known tackling records I don't know what is.

Backrow
The news that Philip van der Walt (Cheetahs) will be out for 6 - 8 weeks has given me a chance to recruit Matt Hodgson (Force). Sorry about that......

Backs
Just to try and balance out Hugh........ I have picked up Jason Woodward (Rebels) in place of Frank Hali (Blues). I have also left Izzy on my run on side in an attempt to get the highest scorer from Willie le Roux (Cheetahs) and Piutau (Blues), so I am expecting neither of them to score above 5.

PS It any of you are playing the tipping game..... I have tipped against the Rebels. So they are going to win if my form this year is anything to go by.

Status
Not open for further replies.