• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Fantasy Super Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benaud

Tom Lawton (22)
Just found this. Didn't realise there were forums about it. It's probably a little late to join the GAGR leagues. I'm playing Rugby.com and Fox. Sitting 1st and 19th respectively atm, although last week was a nightmare.

Holy crap I got 439!!!! Something must be wrong...

I take it that is for Fox? You'd be a solid 100 points clear of 2nd on Rugby.com with that!

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
On Rugby.com. Don't worry Benaud this is about 200 point higher than any other round I have got this season..........

I need some pointers from you obviously.....

Benaud

Tom Lawton (22)
Mate, keep getting scores like that and you'll have me covered in no time!

Which team are you? I might be able to give a few ideas.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
SFR XV.

Thinking I need to drop Luatua for either McCalman or Primsloo. They are both going to have tough opposition this week.

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
There's some good options at Backrow, outside of Read 18.7, Braid 31.4 Higginbotham 11.8 and Whiteley 53.9.

Christie 3.3 % ownership
Lappies 16.6
McCalman 25.9
Primsloo 6.4
Messam 26.9 (could pick up a try I reckon)

Benaud

Tom Lawton (22)
If I were you red, I'd start Luatua. And Piutau. And probably Franks. Then use your trades to get a 2nd reserve in each of those positions.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
ARU side

Slipper, King, Strauss
Whitelock, J du Plessis
Labuschagne, Christie, Hodgson
Smith
Cooper
Crotty, Woodward, Folau, TN-W, Mogg

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
My foxsports lineup for this week:

Fantasy Rugby Lineup.JPG

I think I am about 60-75% settled on my 23, but still tinkering with the props, a backrower or two, and the outside backs.

Captain was a tough choice. I went with McCalman last week and was planning to go again with him this week, but with Folau fit again, and the fact that he still scored 23 when contained effectively by the Brumbies for 60-65 minutes, I have begrudgingly banked on Folau carving up. Still doesn't mean the Force wont win, though!

Anything I should change with my lineup?

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
For those playing along in the ARU comp. I have a had a rush of blood, taken some advice and really going to stuff things up for you all.

Firstly Let me tell you who I have dropped :

Adrian Strauss
Steven Luatua
Tewera Kerr-Barlow
Marnitz Boshoff

Who have I picked up :

Nathan Charles
James Slipper
Boom Prinsloo
Luke Braid

This means that I do not have a reserve halfback or five-eighth. Considering this fact, if you have Aaron Smith or Jaques-Louis Potgeiter you may wish to make other arrangements. I have also given Izzy my captains armband so I am expecting his come back from injury to not be a smooth as expected.

These shuffles mean that I have two reserves for my front row, back row and backs. This means that I can leave thos on their byes on the field and get the highest of the choice of reserves. I like this system.

Thanks for the advice Benaud. Now let's see if it will work.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
I know Namtrak. But I have a cunning plan..... with the blues players on the field and two playing players on the bench I then get the highest score out of them. Saves me trying to guess.

Reckon that loop hole is going to be shut down soon......

Benaud

Tom Lawton (22)
Don't think it will be shut down. I've been doing it since R3. Other top players like Charlie's Angels and Klapyohanne have been doing it since R1.

HSM

Allen Oxlade (6)
My foxsports lineup for this week:

View attachment 4617

I think I am about 60-75% settled on my 23, but still tinkering with the props, a backrower or two, and the outside backs.

Captain was a tough choice. I went with McCalman last week and was planning to go again with him this week, but with Folau fit again, and the fact that he still scored 23 when contained effectively by the Brumbies for 60-65 minutes, I have begrudgingly banked on Folau carving up. Still doesn't mean the Force wont win, though!

Anything I should change with my lineup?

I assume you've used your wild card to get a 23 with that many of the Dream Team? Looks good, although I am a bit biased as we share 9 players! I'm also playing Slipper, Coltman, Jones, McCalman, Christie, Cooper, Coleman, Woodward, and Folau. And I assume you know Kerr-Barlow's not starting? But obviously your other 9 is on the bye, and scrumhalves score so inconsistently that it's probably not worth it to bring in a replacement.

I toyed with the idea of bringing in Hougaard at scrumhalf as he's playing wing this weekend, but de Klerk saves a bit of money that can then be spent in the front and back rows.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I assume you've used your wild card to get a 23 with that many of the Dream Team? Looks good, although I am a bit biased as we share 9 players! I'm also playing Slipper, Coltman, Jones, McCalman, Christie, Cooper, Coleman, Woodward, and Folau. And I assume you know Kerr-Barlow's not starting? But obviously your other 9 is on the bye, and scrumhalves score so inconsistently that it's probably not worth it to bring in a replacement.

I toyed with the idea of bringing in Hougaard at scrumhalf as he's playing wing this weekend, but de Klerk saves a bit of money that can then be spent in the front and back rows.
Ha agreed. Had considered bringing in Pulu as backup to Kerr Barlow, and start Pulu, but it doesn't really make sense to have players from identical teams, and waste the transfer when TKB will still score 10+ points from the bench (touch wood).

I transferred in Woodward after the Rebels-Cheetahs game and watch him absolutely bottle it for the next few rounds so switched him out in the round when he came good again (against the Brumbies), so a little worried that I transferred him in AGAIN.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Half the comp (or more) would've had Izzy Captain.

Fucking disgraceful that his fitness to play wasn't ascertained before now. It's not like he's just gone down in the warm up. He's had this for weeks and the Tahs staff (and Izzy) said he was good to go.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Yeah I wouldn't be too stressed about it, many in the same boat!!

They sub in a player if you get a scratching, but what happens if it's your captain?? Can't find the answer on ANY of the game sites' rules!

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Now that Folau is out, I'm buggered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Half the comp (or more) would've had Izzy Captain.

Fucking disgraceful that his fitness to play wasn't ascertained before now. It's not like he's just gone down in the warm up. He's had this for weeks and the Tahs staff (and Izzy) said he was good to go.

I'm feeling the pain. Izzy was my Capt for this week & my only back up sub is Alofa whose out also so no capt & no replacement.

I well & truly am an AngrySeahorse right now :mad:

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Yeah I wouldn't be too stressed about it, many in the same boat!!

They sub in a player if you get a scratching, but what happens if it's your captain?? Can't find the answer on ANY of the game sites' rules!

Your vice captain should get the double points...

Status
Not open for further replies.