• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Finals predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Reds in Hamilton is not exactly a foregone conclusion neither is the Stormers in Bloem, plenty of permutations to debate!!

I'm picking the Cheetahs. They pushed the Bulls close two weeks again and they keep getting better.

The Stormers continue to have issues with their attack. No idea why if you look at the players they have.

Play de Jongh at 12 or 13 I reckon. He was the first Stormers back to break the line this week.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
All sorts of crazy shit is possible this weekend and its one of the reasons I love this new format. For the Tahs, just focus on getting the win. That should be their objective. Do that and they play in the finals. Where they finish in the six shouldn't really be their concern unless they have an opportunity to push for a bonus point (not sure how much it will help). In spite of all the problems they've had this season, other results have conspired to help them and they control their own destiny and that's what you always want. Play like they did for most of the game against the Clan and they should get there.

S

Squeak

Behind him with a knife.

Red 66
Saders 61
Stormers 60
Blues 58
Bulls 57
Tahs 57

and the away teams to lose the first round of semis after crossing the Indian Ocean

pissedoffihavetoregister

Bill Watson (15)
what happens if they can't fly across the ocean because of too much ash in the air. Crikey's people from sydney are having trouble getting to melbourne, let alone SA or kiwiland...
Postpone it i guess. Its an aweful long bus trip.

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
what happens if they can't fly across the ocean because of too much ash in the air. Crikey's people from sydney are having trouble getting to melbourne, let alone SA or kiwiland...
Postpone it i guess. Its an aweful long bus trip.

Same deal as with the Crusaders/Hurricanes game early this year I'd imagine. A draw.

S

stusker

Look I think if the Tahs get the Blues and then the Reds, somehow, in the process avoiding SA, then they are in it up to their necks, even without Palu.

The Reds are no match for the stronger Tahs. Simple. 7 wins from 8 matches.

Tahs should have won the last. eevryone knows.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
All sorts of crazy shit is possible this weekend and its one of the reasons I love this new format. For the Tahs, just focus on getting the win. That should be their objective. Do that and they play in the finals. Where they finish in the six shouldn't really be their concern unless they have an opportunity to push for a bonus point (not sure how much it will help). In spite of all the problems they've had this season, other results have conspired to help them and they control their own destiny and that's what you always want. Play like they did for most of the game against the Clan and they should get there.

The bonus point is potentially very important.

The Tahs are 1 point behind the Sharks and the Bulls, but well ahead of both on PD. If the winner of the Sharks vs. Bullls game doesn't get a winning bonus point, and the Tahs do, then the Tahs will go ahead of them.

The Tahs are 4 points behind the Blues. If the Clan beat the Blues, then the Tahs have the chance to go ahead of them as well. If the Blues get a losing BP, then the Tahs need a winning BP. Again, the Tahs have a PD advantage that wuld be locked in if the Blues lose.

If the Tahs finish 4th (which is certainly possible if the Blues lose) then they get a home qualifier vs. 6th which would be one of the Saffa teams.

I'd go as far as to say the chances of the Tahs progressing past the qualifier depend on that BP.

Interestingly the Blues game is before the Tahs game.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
I think the Chiefs will tip over the Reds this weekend, the Cheetahs will pip the Stormers and of course the Saders will beat the Canes with a 4 try bonus point....:)

Tahs will beat the Brumbies, however I can't pick the Bulls/Sharks game.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
That's exactly why. He won them the game in Auckland. He's very underrated imo

It was actually Sadie who sets him up against the Blues.

I'll tip the Stormers over the Tin Ears, our derfense will frustrate them. The Brutes thrown everything and it was quite clear they wont break the Stormers shackles easily. Wont be easy but I am sure we'll see another Stormers team in Osfontein with Grant back.

Look like a Reds/Stormers/Crusaders/Blues/Brutes/Tah finish to me.

Saders vs Tahs & Blues vs Brutes before the semis, all NZ bound. Then?

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
Bulls win + Stormers win = Reds, Stormers, Crusaders, Blues, Bulls, Waratahs
Bulls win + Stormers loss = Reds, Crusaders, Blues, Stormers, Bulls, Waratahs
Sharks win + Stormers win = Reds, Stormers, Crusaders, Blues, Waratahs, Sharks
Sharks win (BP) + Stormers win = Reds, Stormers, Crusaders, Sharks, Waratahs
Sharks win + Stormers loss = Reds, Crusaders, Blues, Stormers, Waratahs, Sharks
Sharks win (BP) + Stormers loss = Reds, Crusaders, Blues, Stormers, Sharks, Waratahs

I think that is every possibility

F

feed_me

Bulls win + Stormers win = Reds, Stormers, Crusaders, Blues, Bulls, Waratahs
Bulls win + Stormers loss = Reds, Crusaders, Blues, Stormers, Bulls, Waratahs
Sharks win + Stormers win = Reds, Stormers, Crusaders, Blues, Waratahs, Sharks
Sharks win (BP) + Stormers win = Reds, Stormers, Crusaders, Sharks, Waratahs
Sharks win + Stormers loss = Reds, Crusaders, Blues, Stormers, Waratahs, Sharks
Sharks win (BP) + Stormers loss = Reds, Crusaders, Blues, Stormers, Sharks, Waratahs

I think that is every possibility

You left off a draw between Sharks & Bulls, in which case the tahs get 5th and the bulls 6th.

And another, rather unlikely, possibility of the Bulls getting a massive bonus point win and the stormers getting flogged and picking up no losing bonus points, (with big enough margins to make up 85 points of F/A) would I think see the bulls take the SA conference and finish 3rd.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Ten mins to go, Sharks leading Bulls 19 to 16...one try apiece in a brutal encounter of test match proportions...

Looks good for Tahs to only scamper across the ditch to play Blues next week!

Status
Not open for further replies.