• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Finals predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I dunno, the Blues have 24 hours on us with a 6 day(?) turnaround. Huge factor in a final

Crusaders didnt look that good.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Tahs now going to NZ...!!!

Cracker of a game...heart in mouth after Bulls responded with a try few mins from the end after Sharks had scored...

26 to 23 to Sharks...

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Not sure who gets the Friday and Saturday games but I reckon we'll get the Friday due to the Sharks having to travel.

S

Squeak

And the winner of the Saffer QF has to travel in two weeks. Tough run.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Look I think if the Tahs get the Blues and then the Reds, somehow, in the process avoiding SA, then they are in it up to their necks, even without Palu.

The Reds are no match for the stronger Tahs. Simple. 7 wins from 8 matches.

Tahs should have won the last. eevryone knows.

Stukser, the comment that everyone knows the Tahs should have won the last game just goes to show some people still don't understand the concept of a score board.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
Officially the Blues.

GO THE TAHS

Anyone know the exact wording of the playoffs - is it number of wins or win loss ratio before PD?? The sharks lost one less than the tahs (had a draw) so their win loss ratio is actually better than the tahs even though they have the same no of wins. So if its win loss then sharks finish above tahs. All the official tables have tahs above sharks so I guess it must be absolute no of wins. Interesting though.....

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
Staff member
Anyone know the exact wording of the playoffs - is it number of wins or win loss ratio before PD?? The sharks lost one less than the tahs (had a draw) so their win loss ratio is actually better than the tahs even though they have the same no of wins. So if its win loss then sharks finish above tahs. All the official tables have tahs above sharks so I guess it must be absolute no of wins. Interesting though.....

It is straight out number of wins, no ratios.

drewprint

John Solomon (38)
Definitely hoping the Blues get up over the Waratahs next weekend for a couple of reasons.

1. I'm a QLD fan. It's the Tahs. Self explanatory really.
2. The main reason really, is that I feel a lot more comfortable playing the Blues in a semi than the Tahs.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
This is just a bit of amusing thinking but am I right in saying that if both the Waratahs and The Sharks win this week and next then it would be a Waratahs home Grand Final?

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
The Reds doing well will be totally dependant on their sick list, Slipper and Simmons this week adds to their fun

The Tahs won't have the cattle to beat the Blues away (the ful team would have been a strong chance), while the Crusaders will be challenged by the Sharks. Since the Crusaders lost Dagg & Maitland they haven't had that real threat at the back apart from Guildford.

Status
Not open for further replies.