• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force Vs Waratahs, Round 17 - Saturday 15th July, NIB Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
QH - as you know I am compiling a 200 page dictionary of 'Australian rugby excuses (mostly incredible) for utter incompetence in coaching and management'.

Can you please urgently send me what you think will be 'the best ones' coming on board re the Tahs and their coaches come Monday. Many thanks.

Perhaps Reds they could do a Chuckles excuse and blame the next level down for not giving them players with enough fitness? And by that I mean mental fitness!

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Was Folau really taking kicks at goal from 50m.. why?

I'm subjecting myself to the replay for some reason right now, I hadn't seen any of the match prior. He just took one from 50 out with the score at 14-3 and it fell just short so it didn't look like a ridiculous decision under the circumstances, presumably he's assumed the role of the long range goal kicker for this game.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Well done the Force, wanted it, deserved it and got it.
If the Force go, which I think they will, there can be no question it is the wrong decision.
The Tahs (who I will continue to support, please don't ask me why as I have no f...ing idea) were woeful, uninterested, worst Tahs side ever!

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
It is funny how the ARU's woes are the fault of the Force and Rebels. I think one of the main issues for Qld and NSW is talent identification (as well as player development). The Force and Rebels often get the "leftovers" or players Qld and NSW haven't signed. For instance how do NSW not sign Reece Hodge and less than 12 months later he is playing for the Wallabies? There are a number of examples of players like this for both the Force and Rebels.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
To be honest Scooter, I think the far bigger issue is what they are doing with the talent they are getting.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
The Brumbies did well with "leftover" players way back when.

There is a bit of luck involved. As for Hodge, he obviously had some talent, he got his chance, and made the most of it.

Some have the talent, but don't make the most of it. I think a lot of this is down to the individual, not just their attitude, but also their physical make-up and their mix of skills.

Eastwood won premierships with teams made up of two or three stars and the rest were just good first graders. Hugh Perrett is a great example of a wonderful SS player who did not make the step up when he had the chance.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Yes TSR player development is an issue too. Look at our Super Rugby coaches this season McGahan and Gibson are average. Not sure on Nick Stiles. Apparently McGahan joining Reds coaching staff is a coup. (rolls eyes).Are they the best coaches available?

(Wessels has been brilliant and Larkham is ok).

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Can we swap the Force for the Brumbies for finals?

After that performance, they have to be the best Super team in Australia.

Think they too would have beaten Crusaders tonight, on that performance.

I so hope that is not the last game I see the Force play.

Maybe we could swap the Canes for the Force so we can smash 'em again?

;)

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Slim 293 you only want to swap Canes for Force because the Brumbies could start now and probably still wouldn't beat the Canes.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Well played Force. Great year.

Where has Forrest been for the last 3 months? Great and all that he is going to back them, hope it works. But why last night? The players would have been on a massive high, it was their moment. Kind of feels lessened now. Or was it timed to garner maximum interest?

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
There can be no excuses. 40+ in 5 games running now isn't it.?

To me it seems the guaranteed Wallabies players and those in the squad just go through the motions and turn up for their pay and avoid getting injured. Players like Folau, Hooper, Mumm, Hanigan, Kepu, Robertson....

Add to that the absolutely woeful defensive structure that was exposed again and again and again from first minute to the last, not only in this game but for the last three seasons. How long does it take to identify the problem with the structure that only required an "easy fix".

FFS CUT THE TAHS. END THE FARCE, not the Force.

After Game of Thrones my Fox subscription is gone. I kept it for the Lions tour and GOT. Nothing to see Rugby wise, honestly the standard of Shute Shield is better than Australian Super Teams. I don't care if they all F*&^% off, fraudsters masquerading as professionals.

Congratulations to the Force and Hodgeson, a true ambassador unlike the overpaid show ponies the ARU prefers to use to promote their "inclusive" promotions.
What does it take to prove it is not working out with Gibson?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Well played Force. Great year.

Where has Forrest been for the last 3 months? Great and all that he is going to back them, hope it works. But why last night? The players would have been on a massive high, it was their moment. Kind of feels lessened now. Or was it timed to garner maximum interest?

I wondered that. FMG has long been a sponsor of the Force so I feel like Forrest would have been in the know about our plight. Perhaps it was timed for maximum effect. Or maybe timed so as not to give the players a false sense of security earlier in the season (read lose passion). I am not a Twiggy fan by any standards, but if he can save the Force or ensure a stronger future, his stocks will rise with me.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
I think Gibson will be gone soon enough. Cron was recently appointed as an assistant, is there a chance that he gets appointed head coach before serving any time as an assistant?

L

Leo86

Great game, loved hearing the boys talking it up "for Hodgo" at the scrums. Impressed the crowd hung around and showed the respect Hodgo deserved. The boys just never backed off.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
QH - as you know I am compiling a 200 page dictionary of 'Australian rugby excuses (mostly incredible) for utter incompetence in coaching and management'.

Can you please urgently send me what you think will be 'the best ones' coming on board re the Tahs and their coaches come Monday. Many thanks.

Those 200 pages - is that the index or the whole book?

Status
Not open for further replies.