• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

G&GR Fantasy Rugby Competition 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
I was right! Having JOC (James O'Connor) in the starting squad but getting dropped late meant I had my bench player automatically subbed in & it was Johan Goosen who scored himself a very solid 35 - saved by a Cheetah!

AkRiD

Allen Oxlade (6)
Thank you HK 7's.

Had to fly out before I could make my changes, namely JOC (James O'Connor) in as Captain.
But due to a lack of wifi in Honkers Pocock was left as my captain, THANK YOU Poey!

416 points despite having 3 players out (Thompson Diggers and Money Bill W) and a lack of a bench, so I'm happy and possibly better off (haven't crunched any numbers though).

Come on round 6.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Bugger...Will Genia's minus 4 caps off a bad weekend for me, he was on the bench whilst Nic White was the starter...so my ranking has thus slipped 40 places in the GGR league...JOC (James O'Connor) was my captain with Bleyendaal on bench...

Had tried to get Tom Carter back in my team but wifi issues prevented me from doing that in time!

W

wilqq

Wow, didn't expect 530 points this week and that's with Kepu, Horwill and Ellison scoring really low.

Moved up to 12th place, hopefully I'll sneak into top 10 next week.

C

Cave Dweller

Fantasy favor a lot of forwards. It is like the football with the forwards and the defenders where defenders score low. I notice a forward scoring a try scores more points than a back scoring one which leaves the scoring unbalanced and favoring the forwards. Then add to tackles and runs during a game as forwards will make more of them than backs normally. So if they left the tries scoring the same points to both back and forwards the scoring would have been more even between them as other factors will balance itself out. Just a thought.

I scored a 353 which is above the avg. I just did some minor tinckering like bringing in O' Connor. He seems like hitting form and improving game by game. But most of my squad I leave like it is. Will use my wildcard after the internationals are finished and the Super Rugby tournament is resumed.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Fantasy favor a lot of forwards. It is like the football with the forwards and the defenders where defenders score low. I notice a forward scoring a try scores more points than a back scoring one which leaves the scoring unbalanced and favoring the forwards. Then add to tackles and runs during a game as forwards will make more of them than backs normally. So if they left the tries scoring the same points to both back and forwards the scoring would have been more even between them as other factors will balance itself out. Just a thought.

I scored a 353 which is above the avg. I just did some minor tinckering like bringing in O' Connor. He seems like hitting form and improving game by game. But most of my squad I leave like it is. Will use my wildcard after the internationals are finished and the Super Rugby tournament is resumed.

Last year the points for tries were the same and the backs were killing it. I don't know if the pendulum has swung to far but I definitely should have read the rules before the season instead of assuming it was the same as last year....

SuperGrover

Darby Loudon (17)
Fantasy favor a lot of forwards. It is like the football with the forwards and the defenders where defenders score low. I notice a forward scoring a try scores more points than a back scoring one which leaves the scoring unbalanced and favoring the forwards. Then add to tackles and runs during a game as forwards will make more of them than backs normally.

I've never played fantasy rugby before, but I like the scoring. Your forwards will usually determine whether you're going to have a good or bad week and then your backs embellish the scoreline. Seems fairly realistic to me.

C

Cave Dweller

I've never played fantasy rugby before, but I like the scoring. Your forwards will usually determine whether you're going to have a good or bad week and then your backs embellish the scoreline. Seems fairly realistic to me.

It is my first year as well. It is just something I notice when you look at the top scoring back vs top scoring forward and the point difference. It is almost the same difference you get in fantasy football between forwards vs defenders. I see they try to let a forward score more but they did not consider that they make more runs, tackles etc etc than backs would. So they could have left the points for scoring a try equal. But it is just a thought and are not complaining as I am enjoying it and getting use to it in a way.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
1 transfer left with $600K in the bank. Who should i kick out?

Tom Kingston - poor scores and cant see him being a 25+ regular
Tim Batemen - as above
Nic White - not consistent enough game time

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)

Tim Batemen - as above

Looking for an outside back in particular?

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)

Tim Batemen - as above

Kingston had a good one last week, alas he was on the bench for my team....sob....

Reactions: Ash
C

Cave Dweller

I have been fiddling around in the stats and have notice a way where you can get 8 points as a starter

Playing 1 - 60 minutes1 Props that play more than 60 minutes 4

Props that played avg of 300 min in 5 games. Then we take out the guys who is prominent in the losing points stats.

Dale Chadwick
Ben May
Benn Robinson
James Slipper
Jamie Mackintosh
Sona Taumalolo
Steven Kitshoff
Pek Cowan
Sekope Kepu
Ben Alexander
Werner Kruger

The above is just a example you can work it yourself out. There is a trend.

The most runs are made by flankers and hookers. Most tackles are made by flankers,locks. There is a 30 point difference in tackles between backs and forwards. So take the tackles made avg let say it is 8 pm for the flankers which = 8 points.

Now look for hookers and props who put in a lot of tackles. Even if if the made half the amount of tackles in the game that a flanker does it scores double. So Ben Alexander, Benn Robinson, Dale Chadwick , Ben May , Coles and Kepu will contribute 8 points avg with it.

Missed tackles 2 points get subtracted where Stannard , Barrett, Horne, Vito and Chadwick gets penalized and basically leave them in the red if they are not a prop thats why Chadwick do not score for his effort.

Penalties where 4 gets subtracted. This is where Alexander lose his points. The props and hookers are the culprits here as well as 1 or 2 flankers like Vito and Thompson. But the hookers do have the advantage where they make a big amount of points with the line outs and that is why Du Plessis and Tiaan Liebenberg are able to keep their scores up. The other players except the locks and Spies make some of it up in the line outs. So if a player has a high penalty count and are not active in the line outs or other place think twice about using him in your team. Alexander make his up with the tackles.

I did not look at everything just glimpsed over it. So you can try cancel out the negatives with the positives players make avg in a game and you can see more or less if he will be worth it. Tries are bonuses.

So if a player has negatives against him and he is in the red and he is not active in another aspect where he can scorre bundles of points the he will have low scoring games unless he score couple of tries.

It is just a example so do not go put in any of the players or swap them that I mentioned. You have to go weigh the scales yourself.. You can check over at ESPN Scrum when the props get substituted in the games as that is 4 points if he played 60 minutes. Franks gets of a lot games early so he lose most games that 4 points. Thats is 20 points for the 5 games for per prop which can be checked easily.

The above will be more to do with the forwards where the backs and scrumhalfs have chances created etc etc but one can use the same concept.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
OK....decided to play my Wildcard before I get too far out of touch with the leaders in the Leagues I'm in....so here's my team for the week....I'm pretty happy.

Screen shot 2012-03-29 at 11.36.26 PM.png

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
just be aware in 2 weeks that there's 3 teams on a bye each week for 3 weeks in a row, start planning ahead

Yep.....I think I've got those weeks covered. I was gonna save my wildcard until then but again.....I need to make some ground up now and a couple of guys ahead of me have already used theirs as well - so if those weeks screw me up...I'm hoping it does them as well!! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.