• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

good tv shows i havent seen?

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Bojack's story was very much the best of season 1 & 2 wrapped up in a new package. Think they need to do "something" different next time. It doesn't need to be thematically different, but the overarching plot has been fairly similar for all the 3 seasons.

What I did enjoy was the building on Todd, Princess Carolyn and Mr Peanutbutter's lifes and backstories, thought they were the strongest parts outside the concept episode.

The accountant skit was so good too!

It's Cat's in the Cradle, but don't listen to it.

Imma go play it now!

Noooo, it's too poignant!

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Yeah I can't talk up Stranger Thing enough. If you grew up in the 80's is will hit home even more. My wife and I watched it over a weekend. I'm hopeful they make a season 2.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Yeah I can't talk up Stranger Thing enough. If you grew up in the 80's is will hit home even more. My wife and I watched it over a weekend. I'm hopeful they make a season 2.

I just finished it. As in right before writing this. A little gem that Netflix slipped in amongst their high profile offerings.

As for season 2. Evidently the head of programming at Netflix has hinted very heavily at it and the Duffer brothers have already started writing its second edition as well as offering a few tidbits on whereit might go.

terry j

Ron Walden (29)
Not really a TV show as such, but just finished watching OJ:Made in America on youtube.

absolutely riveting.

Man, if you rocked up to a movie house with this as your script they would have laughed you out of the office.

I don't know the first thing about american football (and hence the little I knew about OJ never had that story as part of the backdrop) but even I could see what an amazing football talent he was.

It is quite a long doco, prob over eight hours, but I could not stop watching it.

Highly recommended that you hunt it down, and hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

What a story from start to the unbelievable finish.

Man, who does not shake their head when thinking about the american legal system which we still see operating in today's world. I am certain ours has a lot to answer for as well, but it is hard to think it is anything like the american system.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Yeah I heard about this doco. Great that it's on YouTube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Stranger Things was goddamn brilliant, just could not stop.

Better Things – new Louis CK production, more first world whinging seppos tooling around in their luxury SUV’s packing a great big woe is me sook. gave up after 10 minutes. BOOORRRING. After the tedium of Horace & Pete and now this, I wonder if Louis may have lost it

Atlanta – some sort of rap thing, shouldnt be my bag but man this is just goddamn awesome

Preacher – supernatural styled thing, the BEST

Mr Robot s2, wft is going on, too much mental illness shit, whats real, who the fuck knows, liked it way better in S1 with all the computey hacky hacky shit

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Ok, so I MAY be a little late to this one, but I got back into watching Breaking Bad about a month ago. Rewatched Season 1 in a few weeks, watching episodes when I could. Was kinda waiting to watch it with the wife, be she didn't show too much interest after the first ep.

Anyway, I've been off work all week with the flu and have just spent the last 5 days watching seasons 2-5.

In all honesty I think seasons 1-4 are good. Some great moments, some pretty dull.

But holy fuckballs if season 5 isn't one of the best seasons of television ever I don't know what is. Every episode was just amazing. I assume they got to the point of going, ok this is our last season let's just go nuts.

Yowza. Phew.

Ok. So what's next?

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Ok, so I MAY be a little late to this one, but I got back into watching Breaking Bad about a month ago. Rewatched through Season 1 in a few weeks, watching episodes when I could. Was kinda waiting to watch it with the wife, be she didn't show too much interest after the first ep.

Anyway, I've been off work all week with the flu and have just spent the last 5 days watching seasons 2-5.

In all honesty I think seasons 1-4 are good. Some great moments, some pretty dull.

But holy fuckballs if season 5 isn't one of the best seasons of television ever I don't know what is. Every episode was just amazing. I assume they got to the point of going, ok this is our last season let's just go nuts.

Yowza. Phew.

Ok. So what's next?

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Stranger Things was goddamn brilliant, just could not stop.

Better Things – new Louis CK production, more first world whinging seppos tooling around in their luxury SUV’s packing a great big woe is me sook. gave up after 10 minutes. BOOORRRING. After the tedium of Horace & Pete and now this, I wonder if Louis may have lost it

Atlanta – some sort of rap thing, shouldnt be my bag but man this is just goddamn awesome

Preacher – supernatural styled thing, the BEST

Mr Robot s2, wft is going on, too much mental illness shit, whats real, who the fuck knows, liked it way better in S1 with all the computey hacky hacky shit

What channel is Atlanta on? I am very interested in watching it. As a fan of 'Community' I like to give the cast members from the show a chance on their new projects. I've warmed to 'Bojack' but hated 'Love'. Have been reading good things about Glover's project.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
What channel is Atlanta on? I am very interested in watching it. As a fan of 'Community' I like to give the cast members from the show a chance on their new projects. I've warmed to 'Bojack' but hated 'Love'. Have been reading good things about Glover's project.

Atlanta is good. Not sure anyone has broadcast it yet in Australia, I've been watching through, "cough" other means.

Watching Love feels like watching Rust masturbating to himself sometimes.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Anyone else watch the first episode of Westworld?

It's HBO's latest mega-groundbreaking-Game of Thrones-huge budget-lots of naked people-fantasy show. Based on the '70s film of the same name.

IMO I thought it was decent, very mysterious and questions morality/what it is to be human, so makes you feel smart without having to try too hard. I'll be curious to see where they take it.

Also Netflix's latest Marvel superhero show has been released, Luke Cage. It ain't bad, the music is good and in true Netflix fashion rather violent and gritty. Half way through it at the moment and looking forward to watching the rest.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Haven't seen Westworld, but It's on the list.

Will watch Luke Cage when I finish Jessica Jones. Very late starter to that show, but enjoying it right now. Even got a few Aussie actors in it anyone care to guess who at hey are, and what they started in back home?

Fear the Walking Dead finished up Season 2. Thoughts?

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
IMO I thought it was decent, very mysterious and questions morality/what it is to be human, so makes you feel smart without having to try too hard.
yeah pretty much exactly this.

mind bending idea though. That said, the pilots are always the peak, so often these things seem to mire themselves down into sooky human drama bollocks at the expense of the concept shit

Truman Show meets Groundhogs Day with I Robot to come?

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Truman Show meets Groundhogs Day with I Robot to come?

Sounds great to me.

I have high hopes for it, I reckon there's going to be a lot of season/show running mysteries that they leave unresolved.

You just know that every line of dialogue has some double meaning or foreshadowing. The conspiracy theorists for the show have already gone crazy just after one episode.

Not strictly a TV show, but watched Louis Theroux's "My Scientology Movie" last night. Manages to make a film that's terrifyingly depressing (or depressingly terrifying) and also terrifically funny at the same time. Definitely recommend it.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Haven't seen Westworld, but It's on the list.

Will watch Luke Cage when I finish Jessica Jones. Very late starter to that show, but enjoying it right now. Even got a few Aussie actors in it anyone care to guess who at hey are, and what they started in back home?

Fear the Walking Dead finished up Season 2. Thoughts?

Well, Rachel Taylor is one of them. Don't how she started nor do I care. Have a bit of a thing for her. Then there's Carrie-Ann Moss and the two other blokes. The junky (I remember him from some surf show) and the guy who plays Taylors boyfriend. No idea their names but recognise them.

A notable actor for me in JJ is David Tennant who happens to be a relative.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Tennant is a fabulous actor, and my 7th favourite Doctor.

The major difference between JJ and Luke Cage for mine was the positive heroism displayed by Cage, and Tennant's performance as the villain, which provided a counterpoint similar to that of Donofrio's Fisk in Daredevil, absent in Cage for mine.