• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

HSBC Sevens 2018-19

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The Aussie Women won 19-0 over Spain which wasn't overly impressive, although they have been a bit of a bogey team of ours.

It does still stretch our number of games we've held the opposition scoreless to 7 (I think) after last year's tournament. We take on China (3:34 Sydney time) in about an hour before finishing the day with the USA (5:56 Sydney time)

USA beat China 26-10

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Dont worry about watching the the final game, just look at the scoreboard at 1/2 time and listen to the audio.

They are in denial about their deficiencies.

They are not going to get any better.

Anyway,I’ll keep filling up whilst they keep patting each other on the back and losing.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Sorry I was responding to previous post about the Oz girls playing USA in their last game tonight.

The Oz girls were flogged at the breakdown all the first 1/2 and were down 19-0 , if you were judging by the chat,you would have thought they were up 19-0.

Crashy

Nev Cottrell (35)
yeah they were smashed and looked to be out enthused. Maybe they knew they were in the quarters and put the foot of the gas.
Surprised to see the first game today at 9am... was good to see Spain beat Scotland at the death. A lot of rugby on this weekend actually with the 6 nations, soup trials and the sevens.

Crashy

Nev Cottrell (35)
How is the noise the Fiji crowd brings. The Fiji - England game sounds like we're in Suva.
Not a bad roll-up today at Spotless actually. The value for money is amazing. $40 for 10 hours of rugby today.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
How is the noise the Fiji crowd brings. The Fiji - England game sounds like we're in Suva.
Not a bad roll-up today at Spotless actually. The value for money is amazing. $40 for 10 hours of rugby today.

Mentioned in the broadcast earlier that tomorrow looks to be close to sold out.

Crashy

Nev Cottrell (35)
The mens team had an atrocious start against the Argies but then belted the Tongans and got out to an amazing 17 nil lead against the saffas before scoring an awesome try after the buzzer to win by 6 and make the quarters.
They are a top 4 side but Fiji will show them what number 1 looks like in the Semi.
The women should get to the final but that wobble against the USA is a concern. ( saying that they have 3 of their best players out for this tournie).
All in all a positive first 2 days for both Aus teams.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Bloody Straya, thought you blokes were gunna do us a favour by knocking Fiji over then bam-bam-bam. Fiji look unstoppable, assuming we get past France our only chance is a Fijian getting a Red or multiple ones getting Yellows.

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
Bloody Straya, thought you blokes were gunna do us a favour by knocking Fiji over then bam-bam-bam. Fiji look unstoppable, assuming we get past France our only chance is a Fijian getting a Red or multiple ones getting Yellows.

Think we were just too gassed with Longbottom and coward going off in the space of two mins

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ yeah, that really hurt your guys. Can't see Coward getting back on the park for the 5th-place matches, hard to tell if Longbottom might be back, he didn't appear in that much pain so some quick physio & a needle might get him back out there.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Josh Coward had some big plays v SAF.
He was given the ball with no one in front of him,and wasn't run down.

He worked to put pressure on a pass that led to a turnover.

Neither involved contact.

His first contact today,he was monstered and injured.

The criticisms of his selection,is not about his speed or understanding of the game, it's his slight size.
He can't compete physically at this level,at his current weight.