• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

John I Dent Cup 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Glass houses buddy no one cares about your mood.
The Brums will definitely play JID when free of S15/Wallabies/NRC commitments
OK, since you might be new.
See the dark green - it means that person is a moderator, so when they ask posters to stay on topic and desist from personal slanging, coming back with a post like yours is not usually the best idea.
And I prefer it if you don't call me buddy, 'cos I aint.

lincoln

Bob Loudon (25)
OK, since you might be new.
See the dark green - it means that person is a moderator, so when they ask posters to stay on topic and desist from personal slanging, coming back with a post like yours is not usually the best idea.
And I prefer it if you don't call me buddy, 'cos I aint.
More delicious than De Niro with a baseball bat.
Sorry off topic - back to my hole.

T

turnovertwopasses

now that we're back on topic....great write up in the paper today about one of the JID stars for Gungahlin in Matt Hawke

T

turnovertwopasses

Re the club bashing: the reality is, while we all want cash/strive to be professional, all of us at one time or another have ha a club/pokies and somehow managed to lose them!!!

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
To be honest, my mates and I don't bother with it anymore due to previous experience. Good for them if they've changed that aspect of it.

For example: I can remember watching the All Blacks v Ireland downstairs (zoo?) - it's a facility that should be respected and utilised - enjoyed seeing a few photos of an ex-coach (Josh Vaugn) up on the walls. But there weren't any Vikings players there aside from Mokatupu, who came and left within 20 mins.

Josh Vaugn/Vaughn! old Vikings junior coach - then moved to eddies to teach/coach? Fantastic guy - was my coach aswell.....maybe we played in the same side....haha

T

turnovertwopasses

Watched the cricket at the old wests club in jamison today- amazing what a coat of paint does to a place. Im tipping the Lions to have a stellar season in 2014

T

turnovertwopasses

my JID ladder for 2014

1. Wests
2. Royals
3. Qbn
4. Vikings
5. Gungahlin
6. Easts
7. Uni Norths

What a cracker of a season its going to be

Toby Spencer

Stan Wickham (3)
my JID ladder for 2014

1. Wests
2. Royals
3. Qbn
4. Vikings
5. Gungahlin
6. Easts
7. Uni Norths

What a cracker of a season its going to be

Have Wests gained any new players? With the QBN, Royals and Vikings squads all being strengthened with new players I can’t see Wests coming from the 4th best team this year to first in 2014.

T

turnovertwopasses

Have Wests gained any new players? With the QBN, Royals and Vikings squads all being strengthened with new players I can’t see Wests coming from the 4th best team this year to first in 2014.

they have good structures in place/know each other very well and are ready to launch a strong raid on the competition.
i think they were unlucky with injuries this year. dont get me wrong, the other teams will be very strong as well. i guess im saying i thought they under performed in 2013...
should be a great comp

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
4th for Vikings would have to be the worst placing they have seen in 15-20 years? Have they lost most of the current 1st XV from last year? I know there was talk of a fair few players leaving....but have they been weaked that much?

Bugeye

Allen Oxlade (6)
4th for Vikings would have to be the worst placing they have seen in 15-20 years? Have they lost most of the current 1st XV from last year? I know there was talk of a fair few players leaving..but have they been weaked that much?
I have heard that 4 or 5 players either retired or have left. Are you still playing No8?

T

turnovertwopasses

oh they'll still be up there... but Wests and Royals have shown that they are up to matching them

COYW

Frank Row (1)

Whetton has been assigned to wests! Haven't heard of any recruitment to wests, Small will be huge loss, but had a promising colts team coming through

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
All I'll say is that I've only played 3 years in the ACT with 3 different clubs - Vikings being the last one and easily the best. Good bunch of guys, well-resourced and they didn't keep trying to push me to prop even after being told I've never played prop and I have no clue how to scrum.

Hope they go well again in 2014.

griffins

Alfred Walker (16)
All I'll say is that I've only played 3 years in the ACT with 3 different clubs - Vikings being the last one and easily the best. Good bunch of guys, well-resourced and they didn't keep trying to push me to prop even after being told I've never played prop and I have no clue how to scrum.

Hope they go well again in 2014.

Interesting contrast between you and empire! I think he was basing his comments on their higher grades, which is where most of the arrogant commentary is directed. I think the mix of blokes down the grades is pretty similar across all clubs.

So you'll be playing for them again next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.