• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
When does the season start? Have they released the program? If so, can anyone tell me the date for the Riverview Joey's match? Cheers lads

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
When does the season start? Have they released the program? If so, can anyone tell me the date for the Riverview Joey's match? Cheers lads

Been reliably told that the View Joeys big match is on like at 10am in the morning with the 2nds at 9am, with other games put off to later on in the day...

It's due to the incidents in past few years with the clash between the young old boys from both schools last year being the last straw...

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
No it won't. It didn't last year and we won't let it happen this year.

Take note- we have a zero tolerance policy for schoolboy clowns. No unsubstantiated personal comments, no juvenile baiting, no insults.

Q

QuadeCooperFan

i think trial matches between GPS schools starts on May 7th for most, though any matches scheduled between schools before that i am unaware of.

The proper season starts on the 4th of June. As for the Joeys/View match, i believe someone said something earlier in the thread about each round from last year being pushed forward, meaning Joeys vs Riverview was in round 5 last year, so it will be round 6 this year (which is on the 13th of August).

R

raumer94

there are two joeys vs riverview matches this year, one being a trial held at joeys on may 28, the other being a comp game held at riverview on august 13

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
Thanks guys. Have been in London for the past 3 years so I might try and make a few of the matches now I am back in town.

What was the incident last year? They cant be serious about having the game at 10am. As far as I know,it has been at 3:15pm for at least 50 years...

dermo

Larry Dwyer (12)
there was a brawl between old boys from view and joeys a few of them got pepper sprayed

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
When does the season start? Have they released the program?

I called Joeys and they mailed me back their school calendar but enclosed a little booklet from the AAGPS with all their sporting fixtures for the year listed, including trials. Give them a call on (02) 9816 1044. Sorry to add to the Joeys postage bill but I promise to buy some extra pies this year to make up for it.

Strangely, when I looked on the AAGPS website I couldn't find the 2011 fixtures list - yet they have a booklet.

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
Dermo: that sounds terrible. When I was at View we were best mates with the Joey's boys. We sat together with them on our five year reunion at the game in fact.

Supporter: that would be a very interesting game. What is the venue?

Thanks LG!

G

greenandgoldie

newington go beaten by southport 65 -5......
any one got any info on how this happened?

also scots are looking excellent this year
1.scots
2. riverview
3. newington
4. joeys

O

OLDDOG

newington go beaten by southport 65 -5......
any one got any info on how this happened?

also scots are looking excellent this year

incorrect mate, it was 38 -7, 6 tries to 1, to TSS. a good game to watch , lots of flowing rugby, competitive forwards, and great distribution and direction from the TSS 9-10-12 combo, TSS backs were fast too.

G

greenandgoldie

why such a bad loss for newington though?? just a bad game on their part?

G

Goldenone

why such a bad loss for newington though?? just a bad game on their part?

I don't think TSS had their rowers either.They clobbered them a few years ago as well and Barker and St Augustines ( ?) on the same "tour".It will be interesting to see how they go when they come back.

N

no_name12

are you sure TSS played Auggies? I don't recall a match being played but i might be wrong to?

Newington were just not switched on and it showed throughout the match. the scoreline however did not indicate the good running rugby match up that was being displayed

Status
Not open for further replies.