• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Nz domestic rugby 2020

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
A CruSadists fan talking about poaching - I guess you would be an expert on the topic!

And don't you worry KiwiM , I got that in my mind for next week when the Canes play those poaching sheepshagging bastards!!!

In the meantime it you jafa bastards that have my attention, I am thinking I shouldn't be too hard , I have to remember you lot are only one step up ecological scale from Australians so..............:p

KiwiM

Nev Cottrell (35)
Chiefs:

1-Aidan Ross, 2-Samisoni Taukei'aho, 3-Nepo Laulala, 4-Mitchell Brown, 5-Tupou Vaa'i, 6-Luke Jacobson, 7-Lachlan Boshier, 8-Peter Gus Sowakula, 9-Brad Weber, 10-Kaleb Trask, 11-Sean Wainui, 12-Anton Lienert-Brown, 13-Quinn Tupaea, 14-Shaun Stevenson, 15-Damian McKenzie

Reserves: 16-Bradley Scott, 17-Ryan Coxon, 18-Ross Geldenhuys, 19-Naitoa Ah Kuoi, 20-Dylan Nel, 21-Te Toiroa Tahuriorangi, 22-Aaron Cruden, 23-Etene Nanai-Seturo

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Pretty interesting starting Cruden on bench, but I know Gatland is keen not to burn anyone out, and I think he realises just how hard this comp will be. Every chance it will be won by the team that manages players the best!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Hurld reporting that Black has been running at 10 & Beaugan at 15 in training all week. Also curiously describes Matt Duffie as a former Melbourne Storm player (which he is) rather than a relatively recent (2017 EOYT) AB.

I'm wondering how many Warriors fans might turn up to EP what with their boys stuck on the Central Coast for God knows how long. Plenty of bandwagon-jumpers went the other way during a Warriors home winning streak not so long ago (still remember the "Where Did All These "Fans" Come From?" sign in the crowd at one game), maybe it's Loss Bleus' time to pinch a few back?

Anyhoo, if my tipping comp hadn't been canned I'd be going Tribe & Loss Bleus, both 12 & under.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Hurld reporting that Black has been running at 10 & Beaugan at 15 in training all week. Also curiously describes Matt Duffie as a former Melbourne Storm player (which he is) rather than a relatively recent (2017 EOYT) AB.

I'm wondering how many Warriors fans might turn up to EP what with their boys stuck on the Central Coast for God knows how long. Plenty of bandwagon-jumpers went the other way during a Warriors home winning streak not so long ago (still remember the "Where Did All These "Fans" Come From?" sign in the crowd at one game), maybe it's Loss Bleus' time to pinch a few back?

Anyhoo, if my tipping comp hadn't been canned I'd be going Tribe & Loss Bleus, both 12 & under.

I ready!!
My picks I have gone Tribe by between
8-15 and Jafa bastard Bleus by between 0-7

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Black/Barrett is the sensible first-five/fullback pairing, and one we'll hopefully see for a few years. Presumably later in this season we'll see Blues rugby legend Daniel Carter on the bench but, going forward, I imagine it'll be one of Perofeta (10/15) or Plummer (10/12) on the bench in a horses-for-courses approach.

As it is, I'd really like to go to this one, but may not know until Saturday if that's possible. And that's assuming there's any tickets left by then.....

KiwiM

Nev Cottrell (35)
Black/Barrett is the sensible first-five/fullback pairing, and one we'll hopefully see for a few years. Presumably later in this season we'll see Blues rugby legend Daniel Carter on the bench but, going forward, I imagine it'll be one of Perofeta (10/15) or Plummer (10/12) on the bench in a horses-for-courses approach.

As it is, I'd really like to go to this one, but may not know until Saturday if that's possible. And that's assuming there's any tickets left by then...

I think Perofeta is done for this competition - Carter is his replacement.

I like the idea of Black/Barrett 10/15 to start with. Hopefully Nock is at 9.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Obviously the influence of future Blues coaching hall of famer Leon MacDonald and Blues Rugby Legend Daniel Carter. Good south Auckland boys, both of them.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
xl3zqsbjzd451.jpg

Even with Parons at hooker and Christie on the bench, them windy bitches gon' get rekt.

KiwiM

Nev Cottrell (35)
Absolutely stoked with that backline. Sounds like Clarke has made a real impression since training has returned after the break.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Hurricanes team to play the Blues: Chase Tiatia, Wes Goosen, Vince Aso, Ngani Laumape, Ben Lam, Jackson Garden-Bachop, TJ Perenara (co-captain), Gareth Evans, Du’Plessis Kirifi, Reed Prinsep, Scott Scrafton, James Blackwell, Tyrel Lomax, Dane Coles (co-captain), Fraser Armstrong. Reserves: Asafo Aumua, Tevita Mafileo, Alex Fidow, Isaia Walker-Leawere, Vaea Fifita, Ardie Savea, Jamie Booth, Billy Proctor.

6/2 bench.

KiwiM

Nev Cottrell (35)
You bloody Aucks are getting more QueeNZlander by the day!

We're a regional selection. and it's important to remember that, besides Canterbury, Crusaders also represent Northland, North Harbour, Auckland, Counties, Waikato, Hawke's Bay, Bay of Plenty, Taranaki, Manawatu, Wellington, Tasman, Otago, Southland, Buller, West Coast, Mid-Canterbury and South Canterbury

— Todd Blackadder, Crusaders captain,

Fixed

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
xl3zqsbjzd451.jpg

Even with Parons at hooker and Christie on the bench, them windy bitches gon' get rekt.

For FFS, I got enough on my plate with my father in law in NZ being very close meeting his marker, now you low down poaching cheating jafa bastards go and name a team like this just to add to my problems!!! What the F*** does Rangi think he's doing carrying on making good selections and putting out a team like this!:mad:
I struggling to find too many weaknesses, couldn't he of at least thrown in Akira so I had someone to laugh at!

As an aside was interesting to hear an a podcast thingy both Nock at 9 and Black at 10 have something in common, neither one of them grew up with English as their main language, both said they were always happier in Teo Maori, and still have to think before saying too much.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
1 news reporting 40K ticket sales for Sunday, if the weather holds as it's meant to they should get a few walk-ups as well. The Eden Park Residents Association will not be pleased (or is it the Neighbours Association that wants the place shut down? I can never remember).

Beaugan familiarising himself with his new home ground:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
20K tix sold for Dunners tonight zoo will be packed I hope they've tied the roof down food & tight......

Apparently EP now only hold 41K so it's effectively full even without walk-ups.