• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Colts 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blogs

Frank Nicholson (4)
Souths backline should also be boosted by the inclusion of Evalu & Sefton based on recent weeks. Both have spent considerable time in Prem's throughout the season.
The Souths back line would have been even stronger with the return of Gordon who was making his way back, following an injury he sustained in the first game of the season, however he re-injured his knee early in the last game against GPS. Rumor has it that its not serious but he won't be back just yet. Serious blow to Souths as Gordon and Evalu as a centre pairing are unstoppable when in form.

The Oldest Rat

Peter Burge (5)
Wests V Gold Coast game had some good moments for Wests but again they were asleep at kickoff with GC scoring in the first 30 seconds. They were beaten quite easily by a GC side that has improved substantially since the first round. Really liked the performance of the GC fullback in his first game back from suffering a broken jaw 6 weeks ago, he came on in the second half for a good performance.

Wests did fight back through the match and had some good tries scored but they were outgunned in most areas. The forwards seem to match up but GC were too quick out wide. One of the faults that Wests have is playing players out of position due to lack of skill in some areas.

They keep playing their best player and captain at fullback trying to plug defensive gaps in the backline. He would be better suited at his natural position at HB, a couple of time he slotted in at halfback and the transformation in the side was very apparent. James Stewart one of prem colts best props is out for the season, he was playing up in 1st grade but due to a head knock and shoulder and knee problems he is now out for the rest of the season. What a shame.

This young man will use the off season to get his body right and build some more bulk on to an already massive frame. He is a star of the future at TH and I look forward to seeing him play next year without injury and reach his full potential.

Wests Colts have two games to go and it would be useful to see the people in charge play some players where they are most suited and at least for a couple of games give them a fair go at playing to their best ability.

Tight loose

Bob McCowan (2)
Nearly all of the tries scored by Uni, and the one from Souths seemed fairly soft or looked a bit too easy. In saying that Uni do the attacking line out/rolling maul very well and Walls and Cornelson seem to show good patience at the back and have scored a few each this way this year. I thought Crookes was a bit quite for Souths (was expecting more? But he was in the second row and not loose forward), the solid built inside centre (stocky blond bloke-Gordon?) ran straight and hard all day and Sefton only got the ball once and ran 50m until he got hammered in the corner (watch the video, great try saver from Dalgeleish). Cornelson was very good as was Pottgeiter and korcyzk in the first half, both tired a bit in second half. Scott Gales individual try turned the game when Souths had a lot of possession. Will know after tonight's training but I gather the injured list was pretty long for Uni after Saturday....both props (Pleash in his second game back) are out, Dalgeleish will be a big loss, Kalell still out also.

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
Nearly all of the tries scored by Uni, and the one from Souths seemed fairly soft or looked a bit too easy. In saying that Uni do the attacking line out/rolling maul very well and Walls and Cornelson seem to show good patience at the back and have scored a few each this way this year. I thought Crookes was a bit quite for Souths (was expecting more? But he was in the second row and not loose forward), the solid built inside centre (stocky blond bloke-Gordon?) ran straight and hard all day and Sefton only got the ball once and ran 50m until he got hammered in the corner (watch the video, great try saver from Dalgeleish). Cornelson was very good as was Pottgeiter and korcyzk in the first half, both tired a bit in second half. Scott Gales individual try turned the game when Souths had a lot of possession. Will know after tonight's training but I gather the injured list was pretty long for Uni after Saturday..both props (Pleash in his second game back) are out, Dalgeleish will be a big loss, Kalell still out also.

I believe the stocky centre you're talking about is Blake Laud, Matt Gordon is still out from what I've heard.

Blogs

Frank Nicholson (4)
I believe the stocky centre you're talking about is Blake Laud, Matt Gordon is still out from what I've heard.
Yes Gordon still out, see earlier post. Was returning but reinjured his knee. Not serious so should get 1 game in before season end we hope as he is awesome to watch and can single handedly turn a game. However bit late in the season to make much of an impact now.

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
I'm told prem colts scores were -

Norths beat GC 14-12
Souths beat Sunnybank 47 - 31
Uni beat GPS 50-17

Anyone know the Brothers v Easts score?

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
Geez, is that the 3rd year in a row Easts Prem Colts have missed finals? For all the talent they recruit, something's not clicking based on results.

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Watched UNI v GPS on the weekend.

GPS had a very good 12 but seemed to be out classed in most other positions on the field.

Banks from UNI was simply superb amd the best player out there by some way. His strength im contact is some of the best i have seem at that age level.
Also would appear Scott gale is back in form with a clinical display including a long range try. UNI forwards were very dominate as well which would of helped him a lot.

I haven't seen anyother games all year so cant really gauge the performance but will be very interested to see how the go against the high flying brothers outfit over the next 2 weeks. Especially with Pleash, McLean, kadell and Dalgilsh all a chance of been back

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
Anyone willing to share their latest predictions for QLD u19's after the last couple of rounds?

Front row, halves, & #6 will likely attract some debate.

rugbywatch

Larry Dwyer (12)
Anyone willing to share their latest predictions for QLD u19's after the last couple of rounds?

Front row, halves, & #6 will likely attract some debate.

Here are players who I think should be considered for those positions:

Prop: Tom Moloney(Brothers), Feleti Kaituu(Souths), Aaron Pleash(Uni), GC Prop- Islander boy, don't know his name, Jake Newell(Sunnybank)

Hooker: Francois Postal(Brothers), Al Stewart(Uni), Norths Hooker(don't know his name)

#6: Adam Korczyk(Uni), Nick Crookes(Souths), Tylor Bunting(GC), Ben Hyne(Brothers)

Halfback: Scott Gale(Uni), Adam Deck(Easts), Simon Gregg(sunnybank), Wests Captain

Fly half: Sam Greene(wests), Jake McIntyre(Sunnybank), Paddy James(Brothers)

What's everyone else's thoughts. Anyone I have forgotten?

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)

What's Darcy Eason doing these days? Heard he was playing for GC but that source could be wrong. Never could quite work out if he was a better 9 or 10, my head always said 9 just because he was a little slow at first receiver. I'm assuming you missed Dalgleish intentionally or has he moved from 10? Greene would be the front-runner for 10 you'd think regardless.

Conor Mitchell (uni) could be a chance somewhere in the backrow, from memory he was a 7 but could be overlooked for someone younger like Gunn (Easts) - that being said, they usually go for the older guys. Bunting (GC) is a good chance at 6 depending what they decide to do with Korzyck, I always thought the State High boy was a better lock but that was only seeing him play twice in year 12. Cornelsen and Potgeiter have that position locked up though.

Nudgee boys are well represented in the piggies, very possible it could be an all NC front row.

Placid at 15

Anyone prepared to have a go at the side?

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
Here are players who I think should be considered for those positions:

Prop: Tom Moloney(Brothers), Feleti Kaituu(Souths), Aaron Pleash(Uni), GC Prop- Islander boy, don't know his name, Jake Newell(Sunnybank)

Hooker: Francois Postal(Brothers), Al Stewart(Uni), Norths Hooker(don't know his name)

#6: Adam Korczyk(Uni), Nick Crookes(Souths), Tylor Bunting(GC), Ben Hyne(Brothers)

Halfback: Scott Gale(Uni), Adam Deck(Easts), Simon Gregg(sunnybank), Wests Captain

Fly half: Sam Greene(wests), Jake McIntyre(Sunnybank), Paddy James(Brothers)

Why are people putting Kaitu'u at Prop? He has been unquestionably the best #2 in the comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.