• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott from Scotland

Bob McCowan (2)
Interesting watching the BGS vs Sunnybank game last night....The mighty dragons got up three tries to 1 with ex-BSHS superstar Blake Ford playing a pivotal role for the dragons.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Interesting watching the BGS vs Sunnybank game last night..The mighty dragons got up three tries to 1 with ex-BSHS superstar Blake Ford playing a pivotal role for the dragons.

I hear there was some pretty impressive defence from the light dark blue.

What did you think of the BGS 10? It was his first game in the position

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott from Scotland

Bob McCowan (2)
I hear there was some pretty impressive defence from the light dark blue.

What did you think of the BGS 10? It was his first game in the position

Their defense was impressive with individual brilliance from one of the sunny bank players resulting in one of the tries (Chip and chase)

The ten for BGS graced the field as though he had been playing that position many times. . . Any idea who he is?

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
My word was that it was 2013 fullback Tom Sly, a player I always thought more of a finisher than a creator.

Should be interesting to see his development through the year.

If Fred Dorrough does end up at 10 for TSS that would make two 2013 wingers playing flyhalf.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
Brisbane State High

ScreenHunter_001.jpg

Scott from Scotland

Bob McCowan (2)
I heard Ponga was off to Ashgrove as he is off to townsville next year anyway. Cut there loses and shipped him off?

If the mercurial Ponga does end up at Ashgrove itll be a massive loss for Churchie. The only player that has ever graced the field like ponga is the Andrew Kellaway as well as the speed demon Dolly da Wolly

SamoanNo8

Fred Wood (13)
Would love to see some Churchie team predictions.

On returning players, the team might look something like this:

1. Will Bailey?
2. Josh Webb
3. Richie Asiata
4. Angus Scott-Young
5. Jeremy Gimpel
6. Liam Wright
9. Harry Nucifora
10. Mack Mason
12. Izaia Perese
13. Jayden Sua
14. Hugo Doessel
15. Ben Ogilvie

Not a bad team at all, but questions are there about back row stocks with Digger McMillan, and Harley Fox moving on.

EDIT: Kalyn Ponga will be in the mix as well, presumably in the back three

Very accurate King, however, it would seem obvious to me to slide Kalyn Ponga straight into that 15 position. This leaves Nucifora (Churchie Coach?) with a big decision to make, to either
1. drop Ogilvie, which would be crazy because he played all of last year and put Ponga at fullback
2. Put Ogilvie to the wing (definitely not a winger, more a 10/15)
3. Put Ponga on the wing, however, considering his talent would be a wasteful decision.

SamoanNo8

Fred Wood (13)
More information on the internal trials BBC conducted please?

BGS team vs Sunnybank (may contain inaccuracies)
  1. Josh Graham
  2. Ben Lingard
  3. Lucas Ryals
  4. Harrison Bartkowski
  5. John Cavaye
  6. Harry Egan
  7. Paddy Dooley
  8. Nick Ebzery (strong ball carries, had a good game)
  9. Tom Kirby
  10. Tom Sly (First XV fullback last year, has now converted to 10, in for a cracker of a season)
  11. Matt Forsyth
  12. Josh Davies (solid boy, strong ball running, might be one to look out for)
  13. Conor Bourke
  14. Jon Traves/Chance McKenna
  15. Oliver Fison (yet another Year 11 boy to look out for. Has potential to fill the shoes of Grammars' Matt Marsden in 2012,watch this space) Great step, speed, kick, and just a good rugby game
*Eddie McCorley (13), came on in second half and made a considerable impact on the side and game (scored Grammars' only try)

SamoanNo8

Fred Wood (13)
My word was that it was 2013 fullback Tom Sly, a player I always thought more of a finisher than a creator.

Should be interesting to see his development through the year.

If Fred Dorrough does end up at 10 for TSS that would make two 2013 wingers playing flyhalf.

Believe Tom Sly also has equal potential to create as well as finish, even if that means doing both at the same time...

SamoanNo8

Fred Wood (13)
I'm giving best
estimates here but that looks like a huge pack.
Helms- 120
Christensen- 105
Peterson- 110
Leyland- 100
Swain- 110
Tuuga- 105
Malaulau- 90
Gunte- 115+

Would anyone manage to have that picture of Gunter with Horwill?

Also, will Hayden Lazarus get any First XV time???

SamoanNo8

Fred Wood (13)
Would love to see some Churchie team predictions.

On returning players, the team might look something like this:

1. Will Bailey?
2. Josh Webb
3. Richie Asiata
4. Angus Scott-Young
5. Jeremy Gimpel
6. Liam Wright
9. Harry Nucifora
10. Mack Mason
12. Izaia Perese
13. Jayden Sua
14. Hugo Doessel
15. Ben Ogilvie

Not a bad team at all, but questions are there about back row stocks with Digger McMillan, and Harley Fox moving on.

EDIT: Kalyn Ponga will be in the mix as well, presumably in the back three

Also, James MacMillan should occupy the No. 7 role for Churchie (15As 2013). Competent player, aggressive, and has been featuring in most of Churchie's rugby trials.

Digby

Ward Prentice (10)
Heard BBC had in house trials yesterday.
Anybody see it ?

I was not there but brother watched last 20 after under15 trial.
He said :
1) Smith playing at 12 scored a couple of tries and nice off loads;
2)Ikatou at 10 looked sharp;
3) Ngamu at 15 scored2 ties and looked as good as Carozza says:
4) new boy Tatui Raroren from WA looked good at 10 & 9 playing in team against Ikatou.

Jerumi; Foulds, Verivis , Christianson etc injured.

A few league boys getting injured in Rep games is upsetting the school .
Apparently they are all going to watch Smith & Ikatou play for Qld under 16 v NSW at Suncorp as curtain raiser to Origin game 1.
Broncos have referred another under 14 boy rated1 on their list from GinGin

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Very accurate King, however, it would seem obvious to me to slide Kalyn Ponga straight into that 15 position. This leaves Nucifora (Churchie Coach?) with a big decision to make, to either
1. drop Ogilvie, which would be crazy because he played all of last year and put Ponga at fullback
2. Put Ogilvie to the wing (definitely not a winger, more a 10/15)
3. Put Ponga on the wing, however, considering his talent would be a wasteful decision.

I believe it's former TGS coach Jason Gilmore in charge of the First XV, with Nucifora in the director of rugby role, but I'm happy to be corrected.

Otherwise, spot on mate. This looks like it just might not be Ogilvie's year. I've only seen him twice, mind you, but in a backline with as much spark and X factor as Churchie's I just don't think there will be a place for him.

I'll tell you what though, I can not wait for Churchie to play BBC. If both teams can maintain a clean sheet injury-wise it should be a really good hit out, as two chock a block backlines of league players (assumedly familiar with each other's games) go head to head.

This should be a fantastic year for the competition IMO. Once again the inside backs look really, really awesome, a position group that should be really competitive.

Terrace - Horan, Roycroft, Te Rupe
BBC - Ikitau, Foulds, Nanai
Churchie - Mason, Sua/Perese
Nudgee - Moseley, Pritchard, Smith
TSS - Dorrough, Riley, Fittock
BSHS - Smit, Henjak, Patrick
TGS - Stewart, (unidentified South Australian import), and Dean Bender
IGS - Hammond, Page, Raeli

BGS look like the only unsettled inside back combination. I hear plenty of boys were missing from that trial squad.

Sam Hauser

Sydney Middleton (9)
BBC First XV backline = Norths Devils U16 team last year

Jayden Ngamua, Sam Edwards, Jerumi Nanai and a few others never played for league at all. Syd played for another team but in the lower age group with len and Joe Sted. And there's guy like Ben Simpson who dont play league. The only player that played North's 16s last year was Lachlan Foulds. Dont spread rumours.

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
It would appear that the TSC 1st XV are travelling to Qld this weekend for a trial match against TSS. No passport required this time. Lucky it wasn't against Toowoomba Grammar.

TSS play Scots today at Bond University @2PM.
The game is on straight before the Brisbane Premier 1sts game between Bond University and Norths

Status
Not open for further replies.