• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rd 12: Reds v Sunwolves, Lang Park, 3/5/19 @ 7:45pm

Rebelsfan

Billy Sheehan (19)
Didn't Cheika say something about these not actually being rests? It's not so the players can recover, it's so they can actually train harder and stay fitter. In the middle of a season, players lose fitness gradually as they stay fresh for games.

In Rowing - they will train right through major international and domestic events at the risk of diminished results, because they can only afford to taper for 1 or 2 races a year for optimal results.

I don't see the value in resting players, its kind of like putting aside your best shoes for an important date, but what if you never get that date?

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Last season I thought McDermott was an imposter at this level.

Now I adore the kid. If he doesn’t back up Genia at the RWC I’ll eat my hat. What development.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I think Angus is having a good game.

Reds should have scored off the first yc. Cant miss this one.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Reds failing to capitalise on their opportunities so far, frustrating for players anda fans

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Big 40 mins here. Need to work out how to create some tries

If they can't get up here may just about shut up shop on the year.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Hoopert and Tupou not their best games. I'd be thinking about the Smith boys.

Stewart a bit hit and miss. Some really good stuff but some defensive positioning lapses too.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
The ref may well run out of patience too if the Sunwolves have another card-worthy transgression. Reds could still win by plenty here.