• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Karmichael definitely 15 although there is talk that Maranta is 15 cover.

Not knowing enough about him I'd probably prefer Paia'aua there.

Although ... part of me still likes QC (Quade Cooper) at 15 with Dunc or, dare I say it, Jake at 10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I respect your opinion and repect you as a human being, BUT...

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Think Hunt is now destined for 15.

Just want to see him repay the Reds for
1. Signing him in the first place;
2. Signing him for $700,000 per season, largely untested at anywhere near this level of rugby:
3. Not flicking him for the drugs scandal: and
4. Having 2 indifferent seasons to date (putting all the bullshit excuses aside)

dru

Tim Horan (67)
It's been remarkably difficult to find any info of Quade v ? on the Green v Mundine undercard. It's the second last fight on the day. Jack McInnis boasts 55 "professional fights" but this includes Muay Thai, cage as well as boxing. He is coming down 10kg for the fight - which sounds normal for him, but he is doing it over 2 weeks following the late call up. And that 10kg is the reason that this will be his last fight - at 22 you wonder.

http://www.frasercoastchronicle.com.au/news/quade-scalp-a-perfect-farewell-to-fight-game/3134526/

http://www.theroar.com.au/2017/02/02/mundine-vs-green-undercard-full-list-fights/

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Sounds like Quade's opponent can go a bit but QC (Quade Cooper) is supposed to be fitter.

Quade better keep out of the way until the bloke is rooted.

Reckon the bout won't last 2 rounds, one way or the other.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
"55 professional fights" seems a bit rich when he is only 22 and on his last fight. Kudos for filling the slot. I just hope that Quade's preparation is better than McInnis 2 and a bit weeks.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Yep

If the bloke really has had 55 pro bouts (mainly kickboxing) then he probably have plenty of mongrel and some muscle stamina.

Hope Quade stays the fuck outa the way - we need him on the rugby paddock

Reactions: dru

Swandive

Allen Oxlade (6)
Last weekend in the Japan Top League final George Smith (Suntory) owned David Pocock (Panasonic). Both played well but George was a standout.

Noticed:
Pocock gave away the first penalty of the game.

In 28th minute, with Panasonic a metre from the Suntory try line Pocock (playing halfback at the time) passed from the back of a ruck. The ball went forward into a Suntory player. Try opportunity blown. Replays showed George's hand smacking Pocock's as he passed it. Should have been a penalty to Panasonic but George got away with it.

Midway through the second half, George cleaned up Pocock as he was standing in a ruck. Absolutely smashed him from behind. Pocock was down for a while. Good hit from George.

Pocock was off the field soon after for about 5 or 6 minutes to attend to a head cut.

Just after the final buzzer George got the final steal to end the game.

George played at 7 but was often 8 on attacking scrums.

Suntory 15 (5 goals) Panasonic 10) (1 try, 1conversion, 1 penalty)

The Panasonic try was scored by Daniel Heenan (at about the 50 minute mark) who, together with the halfback, earned a charge-down from a maul about 20 out, and managed to regain the ball and race over untouched, putting them in front 10 v 9. He came off at the 65 minute mark.

George and Hendrik Tui worked well together. In the 75th minute Tui made a great break but was tackled and Pocock earned a turnover penalty.

Some people we all know:

Suntory : (6). Hendrik Tui, (7) George Smith (13 Derek Carpenter (Sunwolves), (15) Kotaro Matsushima (Rebels, Sunwolves)

Panasonic : (1) Keita Inagaki (Rebels, Sunwolves), (2) Shota Horie (Rebels), (5) Daniel Heenan (Qld), (9) Fumiaki Tanaka (Highlanders), (13) Richard Buckman (Hurricanes, Highlanders), Reserves - Taqele Naiyaravoro (got last 4 minutes), Coach - Robbie Deans, Berrick Barnes has been out injured.

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
Of the 55 only two professional boxing bouts and he had a nap in both of them, apparently.

I don't even want to think what sort of shape this kid will be in if he has to lose 10kg in 10 days. He'll be so dehydrated he'll be lucky if he doesn't keel over before Quade gets near him.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
The info I was after did finally come out - jack has two Boxing fights and lost both. Forget the 55 nonsense, experience levels the same except that Quade has won his fights. Feeling a bit more comfortable for Quade at this point.

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
McInnes has spent the last three weeks training make weight for what he says may be the final fight of his boxing career.​
Asked by the Queensland Times this week if he was nervous about the bout, McInnies joked: “I’m hungry.”​
:)
Photo from 2013​
77308d11861c1623e48318168aec792e

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
I'm a little uncomfortable seeing this bloke ripped into here. He's a semi-pro athlete and those guys do read forums.

I would comfortably say, and I imagine everyone here would agree, he would beat the fuck out of any of us in any fight sport (including boxing).

T

TOCC

It's the reality unfortunately, my best mate took up boxing and had a couple of fights before he lost interest, and any boxer half serious about an upcoming fight would be in much better shape this this guys looks to be.

It was always going to be a farce, Quade's manager was never going to match him against someone with the career on the rise, this kid looks to have been given 2 weeks notice for the fight and probably a decent pay check.

Doesn't mean he can't throw a punch, but he certainly won't be the one coming home strong at the end if it goes a few rounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
It's the reality unfortunately, my best mate took up boxing and had a couple of fights before he lost interest, and any boxer half serious about an upcoming fight would be in much better shape this this guys looks to be.

It was always going to be a farce, Quade's manager was never going to match him against someone with the career on the rise, this kid looks to have been given 2 weeks notice for the fight and probably a decent pay check.

Doesn't mean he can't throw a punch, but he certainly won't be the one coming home strong at the end if it goes a few rounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yeah, he looks substantially better in Strewcobber's photo.

The fact is he looks to have a naturally softer physique, and seeing as most athletes in sports where you only compete twice a year taper VERY hard, so without the planning he's not in perfect shape.

Rugby players, on the other hand, work in peaks and troughs, but nowhere to the same extent. Quade also has the benefits and dietary and S&C stuff, and I doubt this bloke would.

Basically, yes he looks like an average bloke that's signed onto a fight for a decent cheque. Good on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.