• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
^^^^^^^
Chris FS was lightning fast but always had the dodgy hammys.

Whilst he is supposed to be 100% fit I am told he still doesn't run at maximum pace, simply as a preventative measure designed to protect those things that Backs have in their legs

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Running straight at people with no footwork hardly ever works unless you're the size of Jonah. Unless CFS has added something to his arsenal, I'm expecting the exact same thing from him, a guy who doesn't deviate from a line or look to bet his man outside of the collision.

Having such dodgy hamstrings will also mean his top end pace will drop off and he'll be easy to defend against.

have you watched any NRC this year?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Running straight at people with no footwork hardly ever works unless you're the size of Jonah. Unless CFS has added something to his arsenal, I'm expecting the exact same thing from him, a guy who doesn't deviate from a line or look to bet his man outside of the collision.

Having such dodgy hamstrings will also mean his top end pace will drop off and he'll be easy to defend against.

Pieman

Ward Prentice (10)
He's been very good. Has produced some excellent offloads too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

Yeah listen, 6 months ago I said CFS should be cut, but after watching the NRC this year he is playing to a level that I haven’t seen him play at previously, or this consistently. Based on what I’ve seen, he has earned a contract for 2018 and I would urge those criticising him to watching his most recent games, because I held the same opinion you did prior to this NRC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)

Not much of Qld Country to be honest. But I'll take your word on him lifting his game.

I'd only caveat that with, JJT also looked promising/good at NRC but that form never carried over into Super Rugby. BUT if he (CFS) can replicate the form against professional players than I'll happy eat some humble pie and apologise to him for not believing.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Not much of Qld Country to be honest. But I'll take your word on him lifting his game.

I'd only caveat that with, JJT also looked promising/good at NRC but that form never carried over into Super Rugby. BUT if he (CFS) can replicate the form against professional players than I'll happy eat some humble pie and apologise to him for not believing.

I don't see where he can fit into the Reds game plan. They have a ton of good wingers and outside centres.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I'd suggest it means Magnay won't be back at the Reds next season. It's perfect cover for Samu if needed. Keeps him on his toes too.

Wing too. Perese has one spot. Nabuli perhaps only just has the other. CFS and Daugunu in a battle for it.

Maranta is the one who seems superfluous although at the moment he seems the closest we have to a fullback in the squad.

T

TOCC

I don't see where he can fit into the Reds game plan. They have a ton of good wingers and outside centres.

He provides depth, and I’m not sure they do have tons of good wingers and centres.

Besides Kerevi and Perese, who are the guaranteed starters. Daugunu looks the goods and Nabuli has had his moments, but besides that I think Kuridrani and Maranta would be lucky to have a contract in 2018.

Reds have lost both Taefu and Magnay, so they’re already short on centres.

T

TOCC

Rebels to announce the signing of Talakai today, he is a big loss, Tupou may have been challenging him for the starting role but all squads need two good tight heads.

U20s prop Harry Hoopert will likely move from development squad to full time squad.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Rebels to announce the signing of Talakai today, he is a big loss, Tupou may have been challenging him for the starting role but all squads need to good tight heads.

U20s prop Harry Hoopert will likely move from development squad to full time squad.

That’s crazy disappointing. We had really been building that bloke.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Rebels to announce the signing of Talakai today, he is a big loss, Tupou may have been challenging him for the starting role but all squads need two good tight heads.

there's a good chance we have Shambeckler Vui from the west.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
I hope so, I don't think putting Vanzati @ 17 (LHP) & Faagase @ 18 (THP) is going to cut it. Need Faagase back to 17 and a decent THP backup. Any development on Salesi Manu?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Forgot about Manu. He may snag a development contract I guess.

Hasn't done much in the NRC.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Forgot about Manu. He may snag a development contract I guess.

Hasn't done much in the NRC.

frustratingly sitting behind Talakai....almost wished the Reds put some pressure on City to say...Talakai is leaving and we need to see a bit more of Manu please

Status
Not open for further replies.