• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerry West

Sydney Middleton (9)
That description sounds like Ben Lucus.

He is currently without a contract in Japan, so it seems like Lucas may be the utility back the Reds will secure after Magnay declined to return to Queensland. It is very possible Magnay could be running out as a Sunwolf in 2018.

T

TOCC

He is currently without a contract in Japan, so it seems like Lucas may be the utility back the Reds will secure after Magnay declined to return to Queensland. It is very possible Magnay could be running out as a Sunwolf in 2018.

Magnay didn’t decline the Reds, the ARU wouldn’t allow the Reds to sign him on a Flexi-contract.. they’ve moved the goal posts on the issue

Reactions: mst

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Reg, what do you think we need?

I'm not Reg, but start with a new QRU, then look to coaching. Nothing wrong with the stock. It might be there's nothing wrong with Thorn either, but a strange call non-the-less.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Reg, what do you think we need?

What do we have ?

Props - Tupou, Slipper, Fa'agase, Vanzati?

Hookers - Mafi, Moore, Ready

Locks - Tui, Rodda, Douglas, Hocking

BS - Korzcyk

OS - Smith, Gunn, Wright

N8 - Higgers, Timu

SH - Tuttle, Frisby, Sorovi (?)

FH - Cooper, Stewart

IC - Paia'aua

OC - Kerevi, CFS

Wings - Daugunu, Perese, Nabuli, Maranta

FB -

That's off the top of my head. We need Hunt to sign and we need a back up (not sure what the status of Ngamu is?)

Another 12 would be good. Meakes ???

Perhaps another 6 although we probably have cover there in the wider squad (Angus Scott-Young)

I've heard Shambeckler Vui will sign for us as well.

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
Is Moore sticking around to play Super Rugby in 2018? Blindside looks a bit thin - could Timu play 6?
IC - Kerevi can play 12 but does that make CFS our only other 13 option? I think Perese has played there at lower levels. Didn't realise Hunt wasn't re-signed at this point - need him.
I've liked the look of Stewart in the NRC, in fact the 9-10-12 for Qld Country of Tuttle - Stewart - DP has looked good.

T

TOCC

Is Maranta signed? He probably shouldn’t be. Ngamanu doesn’t look like a Super Rugby fullback to me at the moment, needs a bit more work. Fullback/12 depth is a bit concerning.

Reds need 2 more props, so Hoopert and Vui should fill that.

Perese isn’t a 13, not at this stage in his career, although he can probably finish matches there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Maranta is going into the 2nd year of his contract
Ngamanu is signed
Hewat is signed (6/8)
ASY (Angus Scott-Young) is signed (6)
Blyth is signed (lock)
Kuridrani I think also
Hunt will be 12 backup with Ngamanu and Maranta covering 15.
They will probably try and keep Hunt & Riley around (QLD/AUS u20 centres) though I think perhaps Riley is going to 7's. Alex Horan around too.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
What do we have ?

Props - Tupou, Slipper, Fa'agase, Vanzati?

Hookers - Mafi, Moore, Ready

Locks - Tui, Rodda, Douglas, Hocking

BS - Korzcyk

OS - Smith, Gunn, Wright

N8 - Higgers, Timu

SH - Tuttle, Frisby, Sorovi (?)

FH - Cooper, Stewart

IC - Paia'aua

OC - Kerevi, CFS

Wings - Daugunu, Perese, Nabuli, Maranta

FB -

That's off the top of my head. We need Hunt to sign and we need a back up (not sure what the status of Ngamu is?)

Another 12 would be good. Meakes ???

Perhaps another 6 although we probably have cover there in the wider squad (Angus Scott-Young)

I've heard Shambeckler Vui will sign for us as well.
Ngamanu not resigned for 2018.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Maranta is going into the 2nd year of his contract
Ngamanu is signed
Hewat is signed (6/8)
ASY (Angus Scott-Young) is signed (6)
Blyth is signed (lock)
Kuridrani I think also
Hunt will be 12 backup with Ngamanu and Maranta covering 15.
They will probably try and keep Hunt & Riley around (QLD/AUS u20 centres) though I think perhaps Riley is going to 7's. Alex Horan around too.
Ngamanu not resigned, heard Kuridrani heading offshore and Riley not going to 7’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

Didn't Parese play 13 at the u20 World cup?

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Yes, but he probably shouldn’t have, he isn’t a great ball distributor, not much worse then Kerevi or CFS, but I wouldn’t consider him a Super Rugby 13 at this stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.