• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC QF 1 WAL v RSA (Twickenham) 18th Oct 0200 AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
Hmm not sure the quote is what I wrote :) I believe and will always believe Walsh was bent

That's what FTFY means - I corrected your mistake.

He's never liked us, no reason why he would favor us all of a sudden just for that game. And again, he applied the rule 100% as it stands.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
That's what FTFY means - I corrected your mistake.

He's never liked us, no reason why he would favor us all of a sudden just for that game. And again, he applied the rule 100% as it stands.
I see ;) he applied the rule Twice in that game from memory and decided the outcome. Either adhd or something more sinister imho

PiXeL_Ninja

Bill Watson (15)
If you'd watched any welsh games Seb you'd know that no one has torn through the welsh midfield for years. Ireland have beaten Wales well by skilful kicking and getting the ball wide. But hey. If South Africa wanna try and burst through the centres then that's a perfect plan

Bookmarked this for after tomorrows game..

Wales Fan

Alfred Walker (16)
We should've won the second but for Steve Walsh. That game was the closest I've ever seen to a fix. The first game seem to remember we had no flankers
The only reason we lost that 2nd test was the crazy decision to oust Adam Jones. Our scrum went well until over the hour mark then Aaron Jarvis came off the bench, got bent in two at the next 2 scrums giving away needless penalties/field position. Handed SA the initiative & the game.
Every Welsh supporter knew Jarvis would get marmalised as he does every time.
If Jones had been on that bench to come on, we win.
Crap selection & man management by Gatland cost us. As it will now by picking a useless out of form Cuthbert.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
This game will go down as cuthberts game. Every pass he normally drops will be caught. Instead of giving away penalties in tackles he will score turnovers and when he's clear for the line Barnes will play the advantage instead of calling a scrum

Or maybe not

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
This game will go down as cuthberts game. Every pass he normally drops will be caught. Instead of giving away penalties in tackles he will score turnovers and when he's clear for the line Barnes will play the advantage instead of calling a scrum

Or maybe not

You'd be fucking unbeatable then! :(

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
It was a dream I had last night. Then I woke up :(

Funny, I had a similar dream about Le Roux. He didn't even attempt 1 silly, retarded chip kick, he actually tackled Roberts all 5 times Jamie ran at him and Willie was the last line, and he caught every high ball by looking at it until he actually caught it.

I'm seeing a psychiatrist tomorrow though.

saulityvi

Syd Malcolm (24)
Young Tyler had some struggles defencively against Fiji and I am sure that SA will aim to isolate him out wide all game and if he doesn't produce a good defensive game aided with Roberts, it might end up as a long afternoon for the Boyos.

Also the all the forwards have to work like mad men without the ball(which im a sure they will) and then Wales stand a chance, but I am predicting that the attacking prowess of SA midlfield+Le Roux will be too much for them, SA by less than 10 points.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
The clash of the forward packs will be monumental; on a par with the 2nd B&I Lions test in 2009. He who wins the battle of the advantage line and is the most disciplined will take this, which is shaping up to be the Bokke

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Funny, I had a similar dream about Le Roux. He didn't even attempt 1 silly, retarded chip kick, he actually tackled Roberts all 5 times Jamie ran at him and Willie was the last line, and he caught every high ball by looking at it until he actually caught it.

I'm seeing a psychiatrist tomorrow though.
Both full backs are gonna be busy in the battle of aerial ping pong. Think this is the weakness in the welsh side. Some of anscombe so kcks were a bit wayward

This from Wales is pretty good summary I think

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/wales-v-south-africa-rugby-10273809

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
This game will come down to whether 1) we can start well (signs are good based on last week) and 2) can we hold our nerve and close game out (signs not so good as we contrived a new way to lose last week)

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
We should've won the second but for Steve Walsh. That game was the closest I've ever seen to a fix. The first game seem to remember we had no flankers

Would love to hear your reasoning here.

You see this is the thing with Welsh coaches and fans. Can never just fucking accept a loss. It's always someone else's fault. Officials or some fairy who flew over the ground, but never Wales' inability over the last century to close out games against SH opponents.

Beat SA, Aus and NZ in one season and then you can have ticket for a whinge, but only one.

Status
Not open for further replies.