• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Say It Ain't So!!! McCaw may be GONE...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
The guy has a steel bolt in his foot. All those little bones flexing under the weight and power of a 100kg athlete can't be a happy combination with a steel bolt you'd think.

They should be resting him this game if he's hurt. That they aren't tells us it really is just a niggle, or that the morale impact of not playing him when Carter is out is a step too far.

The third possibility is that Henry rates the Pumas a lot higher than we think.

Certainly if the Kiwis were to lose there'd be no redemption for players or coach in NZ. They'd need to make like Skase and flee the country.

My money is on niggle, but we'll soon see!

jason

Sydney Middleton (9)
I'm happy for New Zealand, but wouldn't mind Wales either. I want a team who actually tries to use the ball outside the opposition 22 to win the cup. The way I see it that just about rules out everyone except NZ, Aus and Wales.

Couldn't agree more. Plus, as an Aussie living in England, the thought of all the fair-weather pom fans who know four fifths of fuck all about rugby coming out of the woodwork...well...

FANATIC

Fred Wood (13)
I'm torn on this. A part of me wants all the teams to be at full strength for the sake of the event... but another part of me wants the Wallabies to have the best possible chance of winning it.

I would feel seriously sorry for McCaw himself - the poor bloke will be shattered if this is true.

It is a moral dilemma.

I want a Wallabies win so much it physically hurts.
Against a full strength ABs side the win will be a real statement.
another point
IF... the ABs lose to us next week I don't want to hear them whinging for the next four years that they only lost because key players were out with injury.

No body with a fair mind in Rugby likes to hear of career ending injuries.:(

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
Even if he makes it through to next weekend, the bugger is going to be on one leg. You would think he is going to have a pretty hard time protecting that foot for a whole match. I would assume that all the opposition piggies know exactly which foot it is that is giving him the trouble too and will do their best to give it a little massage for him should it be laying there so delicately on the bottom of a ruck......

The AB's, even at Eden Park look a great deal more beatable with Carter gone, McCaw possibly gone, Dagg, Read, Guilford, Kaino all carrying niggles. They are a team with great depth but I think that they will struggle to beat the winner of this weekends QTR should a few of those guys not be out there - esp Dagg.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
Think he's pretty safe there Jolly, even if Boks win Botha is goorrrnnne. I suppose Brussouw could pretend Richie trod on his foot , but don't see IRB taking up 'eye for eye' sharia law in their penalty regs. Well, not unless the foot had unapproved branding on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.