• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Semifinal 1: Reds V Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingerbeer

Peter Burge (5)
Is there any chance of getting Slipper or Morahan back? What actually happened to them?

Morahan did his hammy against the Force - at the time they were saying 3-4 weeks which would suggest next week is possible. Not sure how his recovery is going but he was doing some training (not with the rest of the team though) at the open training session last week.

Slipper suffered a high ankle sprain (against the Chiefs) - a week ago he was targeting the GF if the Reds make it that far; but I think that was somewhat hoping for a speedier recovery than normal. There might also be pressure (from Deans/ARU) not to risk him if it's a bit iffy though.

So I would think it is possible, but not likely, that both could be back - Morahan probably a little more likely.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Slipper was out for up to 8 weeks.

Morahan should be a lot closer but is still very unlikely. Just not sure where he would play with Davies and Ioane fit and probably have to be on the bench if he is fit. Sure he could play fullback and do a great job but Lucas and Lance have been defending at 10 and i don't think Morahan will be up for that. Fainga'a and Taps could move in one but that could create too much confusion and Taps is prob no better there then QC (Quade Cooper). Would be a big call to make Quade defend there for the first time this year in the final.

W

What2040

Slipper was out for up to 8 weeks.

Morahan should be a lot closer but is still very unlikely. Just not sure where he would play with Davies and Ioane fit and probably have to be on the bench if he is fit. Sure he could play fullback and do a great job but Lucas and Lance have been defending at 10 and i don't think Morahan will be up for that. Fainga'a and Taps could move in one but that could create too much confusion and Taps is prob no better there then QC (Quade Cooper). Would be a big call to make Quade defend there for the first time this year in the final.

Slipper underwent an arthroscope Tues week ago and had a couple of ligaments attached. 4-8 weeks as reported in papers - can't see him running around in final - that'd be 3 weeks. Morahan definitely closer

GO THE REDS

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I doubt the players are thinking ahead, but the media is shitting me off. So much talk of "next week". Auckland is getting no credit from the Australian media at least.

Tough game but c'mon Reds, I'm not going through years of heartache just to have my heart ripped out again at the finish line!

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Is everyone on here ready to go absolutely phycho?

I'm going to be screaming my face off 2 hours before kick off, my worry is that I'll lose my voice when the real action starts...

I think everyone should try and create a really menacing atmosphere. Get rid of this rugby stereotype of nothing happening in terms of atmosphere and really go wild... would be lovely anyway.
Provided the Reds don't get compacent they should win this one. If Ewen gives them the right mentality and killer instinct, quade and will get good ball, and then we get to Brett & co, it has the capability to turn into a runaway scoreline.
Let's just hope the boys are staying grounded.

I don't think it will sell-out however on crowds, There is still 3 quarters of each of the top sections of the north and south stand to sell, which would be ~4000 seats. My crowd estimate is 47000 and 52 for the final, still pretty good considering an origin 3 decider is on wednesday evening.

Plus I would like to question the timing of the finals, I know a shovel load of people who would love to be there but are going away...

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I doubt that Qld school holidays were really considered a concern at the time the draw was drafted.

I would have rather seen them play it tonight to force a shorter turnaround on the Blues myself.

And playing tonight wouldve also left them an extra day to get over any niggles if successful, compared to the Saders/Stormers who would then have had to overcome the travel, shorter turnaround and home field advantage.

B

Bonesy

I don't think it will sell-out however on crowds, There is still 3 quarters of each of the top sections of the north and south stand to sell, which would be ~4000 seats. My crowd estimate is 47000 and 52 for the final, still pretty good considering an origin 3 decider is on wednesday evening.

We haven't made the final yet. Stop thinking past tomorrow nights match.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
sorry, should have said if they make the final.

7 news just said a little under 5k tickets remaining. Might get there in the end if sales are strong tomorrow. There aren't as many blues fans in vegus as there are crusaders so the crowd should be very much in our favour... cmonnn Reds can't wait...

It's almost as if they have achieved so much this season but they need to win these next two games to set it all down in stone. I have so many friends that until now ignored or found union annoying, Reds are showing everyone how it can be played and it's earning them fans from everywhere...

C

chriscullen

I think Jim Tuckers " he's the weakest link" headline on the back page will fire up the blues, no ones given them a chance this week I'm sure mealamu and ali Williams will be licking their lips going in as underdogs. Watch out reds I hope they win but I smell a big upset.

drewprint

John Solomon (38)
The one thing I'm sure of is that Link will have the Reds focused and ready to go. He won't allow the players to listen to their press for one second.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)

I don't think Wellington can fit 52000....

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
Staff member
Lachie Munro has been named on the wing, Ranger to the bench.

Sent from my transformer using tapatalk

A

antipodean

I can't see the Blu3es winning this without a fit Toeava. It'll be entertaining but I expect the Reds to win by nine.

rsea

Darby Loudon (17)
Hard to believe the Reds have come so far so fast
Great effort boys win lose or draw

antimony

Herbert Moran (7)
Does anyone know if Hynes has a decent nickname?

We're thinking of putting together a banner to wish him well in his recovery and Hynsie or Hynsy look and sound bad and Hyno is just plain wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.