• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
A more substantial point: ever seen a NZ #8 in moulded soles?
I don't care how big your locks are or how big you are no moulded soles on the pigs thanks.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-03-08 at 5.44.00 am.png
    Screen Shot 2015-03-08 at 5.44.00 am.png
    623.1 KB · Views: 251

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
It was disappointing not to put a lot of points on the Reds and get a 4 try bonus point. At least they got the win.

The positives to me were the physicality across the park and Matt Carraro slotting in seemlessly at 13. It sounds like AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)'s injury is a bit of an unknown but at least on that showing they won't feel like they have to rush him back too early and take a risk.

I thought Robbo, Dennis, Hooper, Foley, Betham and Carraro all played really well. Beale created plenty of opportunities and looks to have well and truly put the shocker against the Force behind him.

Will be a much tougher test next weekend in Dunedin and realistically it is a game we need to win.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Only reservation in agreeing with you BH is that I don't think you can read too much into KB (Kurtley Beale)'s play - I reckon I would have stood a chance of looking good out there last night

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Only reservation in agreeing with you BH is that I don't think you can read too much into KB (Kurtley Beale)'s play - I reckon I would have stood a chance of looking good out there last night

Yes, but it's far better than him being poor against terrible opposition.

Definitely the best thing about last night was the physicality across the park. The Tahs consistently made big tackles and pushed the Reds back and that aggression in defence was the hallmark of 2014.

That was the biggest thing missing in the first round debacle against the Force and the one aspect of their game that is most attitude related that they needed to fix.

I'd be much more worried if they looked silky with ball in hand at this stage but powder puffs in contact.

topgun

Billy Sheehan (19)
Jacpot spilled at least 4 carries, what the hell was going on? Izzy slipped and dropped a sitter as well as buggered up his own linebreak? Phipps passed like a spinwheel, the only positive was that the Reds were twice as dreadful. Should have been a demolition job...

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Jacpot has been credited with 5 turnovers. It was quite amazing.

Apparently it was very humid and slippery but that is hardly an excuse. You need to play to the conditions rather than blaming the conditions on your performance.

At least the physicality was there.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Dennis has been lining up to kill ball runners. What a unit. He's still listed as 112kg but is playing like 117 in contact.

The Tahs consistently made big tackles and pushed the Reds back

Fairly easy to do when they're starting 5m behind the advantage line, but fuck we didn't miss many!

Will need to catch more ball against the Clan next week of course...

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Will need to catch more ball against the Clan next week of course.

It seemed that the dropped ball on many occasions was due to receiving the pass at the moment of hitting the defensive line. An earlier pass or a delayed run should sort that out.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
We had enough opportunity to win by 40 points against a very laxative performance from the Banjolanders.

I'll take a miserable win by 1 point at Lang Park anyday, but the Tahs will need to eliminate the unforced error rate if they are to have any chance against the Clan next week.

They will not miss all their goal kick attempts, fail to capitalise on our mistakes, continually fail to cross the advantage line, or stand deeper than the Antarctic ice sheet on attack.

There is plenty for the team to work on this week to prepare for the Clan, but there were enough glimpses of excellent play on Saturday night to give hope that there is a fairly good chance of them being there or thereabouts at the sharp end of the season.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
One positive for the Tahs this weekend is the roofed stadium. No rain and a cool climate/no sweaty hands means no excuses for dropping the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

topgun

Billy Sheehan (19)
Well one of them, Tepai Moeroa, bashed Manly playing for the Eels on Friday night.

A scary individual

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-gold-and-blue-and-golds-20150307-13xxj0.html

Yeah, Tepai was on contract with the eels since he was 15 years old. his current signing is until he is 21 or 22, hopefully he can make the move back to centre and be signed by an Australian union team. He's an absolute weapon and apparently the chiefs have shown some interest already. Personally, I always thought that Newington's Fullback Ta'ane Milne was the more talented of the two, he's on contract with the roosters at the moment.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
I wouldn't count on Tepai coming back. Parramatta has been very good to him and his family in adverse times and he is a good lad who will appreciate what they did.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I wouldn't count on Tepai coming back. Parramatta has been very good to him and his family in adverse times and he is a good lad who will appreciate what they did.

And IIRC he holds an Australian junior shot put record and has expressed some interest in pursuing that to Olympic level in the future. So I suspect that you are right and a move to rugby isn't particularly likely.

Hans

Fred Wood (13)
News in the Sydney media this morning that AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is gone for up to a month with a torn tendon in his knee. Sounds nasty!

Status
Not open for further replies.