• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I wonder who is the most senior person on this forum. If anyone here actually knows their shit and is just disguised as a couch-commentator, when in fact they're genuinely very high up in Australian Rugby.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
We are going to need some new common enemies to whinge about or forum traffic may wither up and die.

In recent times JON, Hickey, Nucifora, Paddy O'Brien and Dingo have departed the scene.

Foley, M., and Quade Cooper have come good.

KB (Kurtley Beale) has dried out. JOC (James O'Connor) may have grown up.

There has been a clean out at NSWRU board level, and constitutional reform (and a bit of a clean out) at HQ ARU as well.

Uni didn't win the Shute Shield or Colts 1, and are odds on favourite for the wooden spoon in the ARC.

Dr Lambert has taken steps to prevent further irregularities happening at Scots.

Newington seems happy to behave with their 150th anniversary present safely tucked away.

Tahs Media department has been been cleansed.

Now Jason Allen is off.

At least the Queenslanders still have RG on the scene.

Tom Carter?

Oh wait...

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
market for next CEO of the Waratahs:
1/20 Braveheart
1/10 an unknown intern
1/100 any other

I reckon @Pfitzy could be a smokie.

Don't forget @Barbarian has already submitted his CV via the forum. - Unemployed Available at short notice. AAGPS Old Boy. Hasn't run a rugby Club before. Prepared to reside in Mosman. Surely this profile must be at better odds than @Braveheart's claim to the title.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
we are, clearly, assembling a very hot field.
do you think the Tahs board and the NSWRU might be interested in hiring us to do a head-hunt for the CEO - paying us a handsome fee for so doing.
i think we can promise at least as much transparency as was shown for any appointment at the NSWRU in the last 20 years.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I reckon @Pfitzy could be the perfect fucking choice. Fucking BORN to do it. Finally his purpose is revealed!

Aw thanks mate. As I was reading the thread I had a very interesting conversation

*cue dream sequence music*

Pfitzy: Fucking hell Pfitzy, check this out!
Pfitzy: Mate I love it when we have inner monologue. What's up?
Pfitzy: Tahs' CEO job up for grabs.
Pfitzy: Get fucked! Really?
Pfitzy: Fo' shizzle my nizzle!
Pfitzy: Well let's get the CV together and light the fucking fire!
Pfitzy: 'ken oath mate. What are the requirements?
Pfitzy: Do we need any?
Pfitzy: Well you've never worn a school uniform with a straw boater or epaulettes so we'll need to actually apply.
Pfitzy: Good point. We'll have to do this on ability and charm.
Pfitzy: Mate if those were the criteria we'd be doing it already!
Pfitzy: Let's send a tweet to the Tahs first to get the feelers out.
Pfitzy: Done.
Pfitzy: OK now we need a line to Cheik.
Pfitzy: Right, good one! Finally he'll get a fucking CEO who speaks his fucking language!
Pfitzy: Fucking oath he will. This will be the best fucking job ever!
Pfitzy: CEO-For-Life!
Pfitzy: We'll be the fucking Kim Jong Il of Rugby!
Pfitzy: Genius!
Pfitzy: FUCKING Genius!

EDIT: It should be noted that the conversations I find most interesting are with myself. The rest of you are good blokes but sometimes you have to seek higher ground ;)

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
The number of GPS boys who've ruined themselves on barbiturates and smack, I'd say those tests are probably calibrated nicely to pass me with flying colours

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Have any of you heard about Twitch Plays Pokemon? Basically about 8,000 people could play the game simultaneously and their commands were executed one by one.

Perhaps we could set up a similar arrangement at Moore Park? Twitch runs Waratahs?

i was sure that is what's already happening at NSWRU and Tah HQ.

let's hope The Great Cheik is computer illiterate.

Pass it to Dunning!

Bob Loudon (25)
Okay, right now I wouldn't put any money on Kurtley getting re-signed. Who then is the Tahs' inside-centre for 2015? Rob Horne is capable enough in that position but does he fit in the Cheika gameplan? Should they be after a second five-eight as opposed to a crashball player? I don't think Jono Lance is a great choice either. Who's the best number 12 who isn't signed up for next year?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Two days ago, I posted this:
We are going to need some new common enemies to whinge about or forum traffic may wither up and die.

In recent times JON, Hickey, Nucifora, Paddy O'Brien and Dingo have departed the scene.

Foley, M., and Quade Cooper have come good.

KB (Kurtley Beale) has dried out. JOC (James O'Connor) may have grown up.<snip>

Revenge of the Mocker Gods.

They are very cruel bastards, those Mocker Gods..

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
Don't worry HJ maybe it will turn out Chieka has actually got JOC (James O'Connor) to sign a contract in invisible ink while neatly derailing the plans of Toulon and the Reds with mutually exclusive two year contracts that are both unlawful.

Status
Not open for further replies.