• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Everyone's coming in here giving their two cents worth about the situation for the Wallabies. This is for the Tahs only.

Good point.

Folau to 13 for a couple of games. See what happens. Hard pressed to move AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) or TK though.

You think back to McKenzie putting Beale at 10 last year, and how AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) wasn't involved. Then Foley is in at 10 at TK at 13, and we're going great guns... hmmm.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
So AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) goes to the wing? Great move. We will need him at his best at 13.
Maybe late in a game when the sub shuffling starts Folau can grab 20 minutes here and there at 13 to see what he has.
He would probably be very good at Super level.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
We get to disagree there, his positional play on kick receipt nullified Aus in the Lion's marches

There was space before the kick was released, but he was there for receipt, every time

Bloody good 15

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I don't like Halfpenny, ok? I don't even think he's the best fullback from NH. For me the 3 best fullbacks in the world are: Ben Smith, Willie le Roux and Israel Folau. If I have to add a fourth fullback I would say that this place belongs to Israel Dagg. About NH I consider Mike Brown, Rob Kearney and Delon Armitage above him. Leigh is a great kicker but if you have a good fly-half like Dan Carter or Jonathan Sexton you don't need him.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Fucking Mike Brown and Delon Armitage above Leigh Halfpenny: a proven match-winner for Wales and the B&I Lions.

That'll do me. I'm out.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Fucking Mike Brown and Delon Armitage above Leigh Halfpenny: a proven match-winner for Wales and the B&I Lions.

That'll do me. I'm out.

Being a winner with Wales in Europe means nothing, they couldn't beat the Wallabies in the last 10 games, despite ALL our problems

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) would obviously go to fullback.

Would he? I'd assume Beale at fullback. Or are you thinking Beale and Izzy in the centres? That's a defensive combo I'd be concerned about as a tah fan.

If Izzy is to play 13 then I can only imagine it is like this:

15 Beale
14 Betham (or another)
13 Izzy
12 Horne
11 AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Would he? I'd assume Beale at fullback. Or are you thinking Beale and Izzy in the centres? That's a defensive combo I'd be concerned about as a tah fan.

15 Beale
14 Betham (or another)
13 Izzy
12 Horne

If I was coaching, say, the Canes or the Saders I would love to see Izzy and Betham together in defence

I like to watch

David Codey (61)

15 Beale
14 Betham (or another)
13 Izzy
12 Horne

fuck that.
Izzy is the best 15 by a country mile,AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is a very strong 13.
Teaching Izzy all season about the intracies of defending the 13 channel,whilst whoever is dropping contestable kicks all day is not going to strengthen the team.
Sorry Izzy,but it's about the team,so you can wait to try out the 13 jumper until you fuck off to France.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
The reality of this season, with minimal breaks the whole way through to the world cup, may mean he gets a shot there out of necessity more than anything else.

T

TOCC

There was a time when Beale was considered the best fullback in the country, at inside centre he is only 2nd or 3rd in the pecking order, i wouldn't be against seeing KB (Kurtley Beale) play fullback against at Super Rugby level.

It's an interesting conundrum, whilst Cheika probably doesn't want to let Wallaby selections effect his Waratah selections you would have to assume it would definitely be in the back of his mind.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)

15 Beale
14 Betham (or another)
13 Izzy
12 Horne

We'd be flat out making the semis with a backline like that.:eek:

Average Outside Center

Herbert Moran (7)
Considering that all the signs out of queensland regarding Karmichael Hunt are positive and he is being taught to play 15, maybe for the wallabies it would be too bad having Izzy in the centres

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
I've said it before but Beale was basically the fullback for Tahs in Super Rugby finals last year. A lot of high balls went his way and I don't remember him dropping one. Yes he was terrible under the high ball for the Wallabies in 2012-13 but he was also markedly over weight which may have had something to do with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.