• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs V Reds July 13 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
It's official, (according to ABC news), Izzy has re-signed with the Tahs! Great news!!

I heard that too, but can't see it confirmed anywhere else. Not even on the ABC Radio Website (yet).

Seems strange that they would announce, or leak, that news tonight.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
despite what others have said about being a bad game, I for one am glad to see my Reds win again!

I loved the Lions tour, but I am stoked to have the Reds and S15 on TV again.

I am thinking I must be unAustralian, I actually was more passionate about REDS v TAHS than I was the tests

Bring on the finals

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
Out of interest does Foley kick?

He kicked the match winner against the Blues this year, but hasn't done much goal kicking at other times. It's probably something for him to work on for next season with Barnes gone and McKibbin unlikely to be the starting 9 with the arrival of Phipps. KB (Kurtley Beale) will probably be the number 1 kicker.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Foley needs to work on a lot more than just his goal kicking......all his kicking is crap, frankly. His handling is not much better. He makes more mistakes in one match than a good five eighth makes in a season - or a great one makes in a career. Mind you, he was not alone, the Tahs execution was as diabolical as ever it was.

Bessa

Ted Fahey (11)
Foley needs to work on a lot more than just his goal kicking..all his kicking is crap, frankly. His handling is not much better. He makes more mistakes in one match than a good five eighth makes in a season - or a great one makes in a career. Mind you, he was not alone, the Tahs execution was as diabolical as ever it was.
Hang on, I'm getting mixed signals.... did you not enjoy the game?

Reactions: Epi

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
I swear LiLo is the only guy in oz rugby who can goal kick..

Excuse my ignorance, but do the Australian S15 coaching squads give forwards the chance to show, (or improve) their goal-kicking abilities?

Before you all start chuckling, you may choose to remember one J Eales, and in my case, our club kicker and the Central North (NSW) kicker, the late Will Tanner (aka "Jack hammer"), a good prop, a good kicker and an even better person.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Mr Doug, Forwards (AKA Rugby Players) are usually too busy at training doing rugby things to have time to perfect their goalkicking skills.
Backs (AKA Rugby Followers) usually have plenty of time after they have compared skin treatments, latest hairdressing trends and tattoos to occupy time waiting for the rugby players to finish training by practicing their goal kicking.

bottom line, the show ponies will always have more time to work on their goal kicking which will further enhance their advantage over real rugby players.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Hang on, I'm getting mixed signals.. did you not enjoy the game?

I am a Waratahs fan from way back, far too long to care to remember. I would love to say that I enjoy watching them play, but that would be an untruth. There have been signs of promise this season, quite a lot of them, actually, but last night their error rate was just unacceptable.

Players really should be able to catch the ball most of the time, even in fourth grade. Let alone at this level. It will be interesting to count the number of handling errors in the loig next week, at the same venue. (Obviously there are differences in the pressures applied - in loig there is virtually no ball stripping, of course).

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I thought Rob Simmons really stood up in the absence of Horwill, outplaying his wallaby competition in the light blue. Made some good runs and was pivotal in the Reds lineout heavy gameplan.

I wish he'd put his head gear back on. I think he always plays better with it.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
More forward passes than a game of American Football.

Steve Walsh to Robinson "Stop yelling at me"

I was yelling at him too. He managed to make himself the centre of attention, in what was a very ordinary game of rugby. We did all go there to watch him didn't we?

I think that one thing that SANZAR should take on board is the the Super season should have been over before the Lions tour - or at least the preliminary rounds. Coming back for one match after a break results in what we saw last night.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Mr Doug, Forwards (AKA Rugby Players) are usually too busy at training doing rugby things to have time to perfect their goalkicking skills.
Backs (AKA Rugby Followers) usually have plenty of time after they have compared skin treatments, latest hairdressing trends and tattoos to occupy time waiting for the rugby players to finish training by practicing their goal kicking.

bottom line, the show ponies will always have more time to work on their goal kicking which will further enhance their advantage over real rugby players.
I did notice that the No 8 Vassilis kicked goals for Newington in the curtain raiser.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I thought Rob Simmons really stood up in the absence of Horwill, outplaying his wallaby competition in the light blue. Made some good runs and was pivotal in the Reds lineout heavy gameplan.

Our locks are why we won that game including Samo when he came on. I thought they were all excellent. Saia, Slipper and Holmes all had good games also and Davies was getting really involved before the injury.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Excuse my ignorance, but do the Australian S15 coaching squads give forwards the chance to show, (or improve) their goal-kicking abilities?

Before you all start chuckling, you may choose to remember one J Eales, and in my case, our club kicker and the Central North (NSW) kicker, the late Will Tanner (aka "Jack hammer"), a good prop, a good kicker and an even better person.

We had a THP at our club that was our kicker. Used the old toe breaker and could kick anywhere within 60 meters out. Bloody accurate too.

Status
Not open for further replies.