• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs Vs Bulls Rnd 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) played one of his best test matches ever at 12 against Wales (I think) a few years ago.

I won't be surprised to see Hangers at 12 in attack
Not sure about the point you are making.
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) at 12 is good because he played a blinder there for the Wobs, or AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) at 12 is good because you think Hangers will actually attack from there?
Or both?Can it be both?

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Maybe Dennis needed a break as he's been working his guts out and now is the time to work out how long Rocky should play for in a game anyway. I bet Palu is rested a game on the RSA tour too and Dennis plays 8. Had Ryan had not been injured I reckon that one of the props would be rested by now also.

Timani was clumsy taking a ball in the lineout last week and the Brumbies scored not too long afterwards. Maybe he is plain dropped. Douglas will need a break soon, though he has usually been the one to go off early in a match and hasn't racked up so many playing minutes.

If they wanted to drop Carter I don't know why Hangers is not playing 10 and Barnes 12 with AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) remaining at 15, either. It's a mystery, like why the Americans celebrate July 4th as their Independence Day, and why my wife has been asking all these years: "Who's winning?" when the cricket is on.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Not sure about the point you are making.
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) at 12 is good because he played a blinder there for the Wobs, or AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) at 12 is good because you think Hangers will actually attack from there?
Or both?Can it be both?

A bit of both, not concerned with AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) at 12, but I think they will run Hangers at time at 12 on attack.

Torn Hammy

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Is it just me or does anyone else think Horne and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) should be lining up the other way around?

At last year's WC Horne played at inside centre against the US. I commented at the time this was an unwise move and sure enough 2 minutes into the game Horne's first touch was a crash ball straight into the US 120kg no8 captain, and yes he broke something and was taken off. Next day he was back in his permanently reserved room at St Vincents Hospital.

On the other hand AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) can set up his supports after contact and this may help put Horne in a bit of space. I hope so.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
Is it just me or does anyone else think Horne and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) should be lining up the other way around?
absolutely agree. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is far better suited to 13. just provides him with a bit more space and he runs superb lines off a flat cut out pass so suited for a 13
horne provides that arguably solid beefed up defence i like to see in a 12 whilst running hard straight lines on attack. he would be very pat mccabe like at 12.
drew and lachie back on the wings with foley at 15 and you guys have a hell of a squad.
well you already have a hell of a squad, but maybe you'll get the results with a few missing pieces.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
absolutely agree. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is far better suited to 13. just provides him with a bit more space and he runs superb lines off a flat cut out pass so suited for a 13
horne provides that arguably solid beefed up defence i like to see in a 12 whilst running hard straight lines on attack. he would be very pat mccabe like at 12.
drew and lachie back on the wings with foley at 15 and you guys have a hell of a squad.
well you already have a hell of a squad, but maybe you'll get the results with a few missing pieces.

Horne could very much play the role that a Nathan Grey played for the Tahs. Strong. Hard tackling. Straight up with no frills.

A rich man's Tom Carter. :D

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Mountain Goat fans cheer for anybody who plays against the Bulls no matter what.
I am not a Mountain Goat supporter and will cheer for the Brutes. Hope they keep on winning. This match will be like a Springbok trial for Pretorius vs Hougaard. Probably our best 9s at the moment.

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
I am not a Mountain Goat supporter and will cheer for the Brutes. Hope they keep on winning. This match will be like a Springbok trial for Pretorius vs Hougaard. Probably our best 9s at the moment.
If you brought Pretorius into the equation, then you would also have to consider Pienaar and du Preez, PB.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Pretorius is no chance. He is behind Hougaard, du Preez and Pienaar.

Those will be the scrummies when Meyer announces his squad.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)

Ok then what are you? A wine fly? :)

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Pretorius is no chance. He is behind Hougaard, du Preez and Pienaar.

Those will be the scrummies when Meyer announces his squad.
Chicken runners Pienaar and du Preez wont be picked. Pretorius play SupeRugby in the SH and will play CC for the Cheetahs. He is a Aussie chicken runner like Brisbok and Blou.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
I reckon the tahs will play there best game this season. And i wish i was there to see TC face when he was dropped back to the bench.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Please elaborate.

Paarl reckons anyone who is not willing to live with crime and violence in South Africa is a chicken. He also sees players leaving for overseas in the same light. You absolutely have to stay, not matter what your circumstances.

Not worth exploring really. Also not worth trying to understand.

Pienaar and du Preez will be in the Bok squad and Pretorious will not. I hope it pisses you off no end Paarl.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Horne could very much play the role that a Nathan Grey played for the Tahs. Strong. Hard tackling. Straight up with no frills.

A rich man's Tom Carter. :D

I think McCabe fits the Nathan Grey style a bit more then Horne

P

Paradox

Paarl reckons anyone who is not willing to live with crime and violence in South Africa is a chicken. He also sees players leaving for overseas in the same light. You absolutely have to stay, not matter what your circumstances.

Not worth exploring really. Also not worth trying to understand.

Paarl could be considered an Aussie forum chicken runner by the same logic? o_O How long have you been in Oz for?

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Suggest whenever the total points comes out for this game you get on the over. It'll be high scoring for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.