• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs Vs Bulls Rnd 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
One thing that impressed me about the Bulls last week was their kicking game. When it's done right it's good to watch. I was going to write "great"; it's not, but "good" will do.

There is nothing wrong with kicking by good practitioners. Kicking for line is an individual skill but good ping pong kicking requires a kicker and a chaser. With both performing well you can get a high percentage of your kicks back. Steyn and Basson as a combo is hard to beat but the other outside Bulls backs got involved with the chase and catch too. Heavens to Betsy: I think they must practise it.

Their restarts against the Rebels, as with the Crusaders against the Tahs, were like a set piece.

These two elements of the kicking game: bombing to get the ball back a high percentage of time, and likewise for restarts, is a relatively new discipline in the sport, and Aussie teams, especially the Tahs, have fallen behind.

I hope to see some improvement from the Tahs tonight.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Anyone up for the game tonight?
Also I have a spare ticket, if anyone is interested

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
I turned down bloody good tickets for this - due to sydney traffic and the demand of family there is no physical way to get to Moore Park by 7:30. even 8:30 would be a stretch!

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I'll be there, with Lindo. Meeting for a sly beer or two beforehand too at the Clock at 5.45-ish.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Richo and I will be at the Fox and Lion (now PJ crappy Gallaghers) from 5:30ish watching the bottom of the table blockbuster Blues vs Lions.

It could either be highly entertaining or a frustrating battle of who can play slightly less shit.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Wow 15mins before the game and nobody is here. They're just waiting for the tumbleweed to clear the field and they'll start playing.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Drew Mitchell in pre match comms reckons the Tahs will be playing at altitude next week. In Cape Town. Geograpy can't be his strong point. :rolleyes:

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Mumm, great work on giving away a penalty.

And if your at the game, your in the best place not listening to kerns

Status
Not open for further replies.