• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs vs Cheetahs Super Rugby-R5 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
A lot of good changes, I would've liked to see Lucas starting however.

I'd like to have seen Lucas get a go as well.

Foley has to vary his game more this week, all he ever looked like doing last week was shovelling crap ball onto the man outside him.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
Im pretty happy with the team, especially if chapman and lucas get a good chunk of playing time.

Henry

Bill Watson (15)
I think that while Mitchell has certainly made too many unforced errors this season, he has been one of the tah's best performers in all of the games so far. However, last time he was properly dropped (from the Wallaby's) he fired up and came back with career best form. Hopefully it'll happen again.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I'd like to have seen Lucas get a go as well.

Foley has to vary his game more this week, all he ever looked like doing last week was shovelling crap ball onto the man outside him.

to do that the runners have to give hive better options

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
to do that the runners have to give hive better options

True, but I mean he didn't even attempt a break from what I remember. A lot does depend on his options inside and out but he can still have a go himself now and again.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
True, but I mean he didn't even attempt a break from what I remember. A lot does depend on his options inside and out but he can still have a go himself now and again.

agreed, but without those runners giving him options - he is an easy target

howyagoin

Ted Fahey (11)
No never mentioned he was impressive... Just seeing what Cheika thinks of him. Probably not much. Think Foley was giving anything a go by that time of year.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Played in the trials and McKibbin was clearly better. I'm not sure why he was recruited tbh a bit like Anesi. Not wanted in Kiwi land..

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Maybe next year we'll have Phipps, Lucas and McKibbin or Phipps, Lucas and maybe Waldo Wessels or something.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yeah Lucas, Phipps and Wessels sounds great. Would like the 10s to be Foley, Volavola and Horwitz as well.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Horwitz?
How many kids playing 10 have coped at this level a year out of School?
I didn't see him as a standout as a Schoolboy, I think he needs a lot more experience before being tested at this level.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Horwitz?
How many kids playing 10 have coped at this level a year out of School?
I didn't see him as a standout as a Schoolboy, I think he needs a lot more experience before being tested at this level.

He's in the right bracket for an EPS contract. If Volavola keeps improving you'd assume he'd warrant a full contract next year.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
He's played for the Sydney Academy twice and he looked comfortable that level, it's a higher standard than 1st grade. Also the Tahs invited him to their pre-season training so he's already in their sights.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Presumably Horwitz would be EPS and hence third-string. I'd be a little concerned if our 10 stocks were three relatively inexperienced guys.

Of course, the smokey in all this is Kurtley.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
He's played for the Sydney Academy twice and he looked comfortable that level, it's a higher standard than 1st grade. Also the Tahs invited him to their pre-season training so he's already in their sights.
Is it a higher standard?
That side has a wide spectrum of talent/stage of development.Some of those players excel in SS, some are not up to it yet.
He is in their sights, that doesn't mean there are not better options.
Anyone remember Sam Lane? In January he was everyones tip as the next big thing.
What about Rohan saifoloi, he was VC as a Schoolboy, has excelled in the SS the past few years.
Best & Fairest in the SS last year was also a 10.
What's the rush?
He has not shown enough to me for him to leapfrog more experienced players,with similiar Schoolboy scrapbooks.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I don't mind taking a punt on very young players, it's worth getting them in the system early. Some work out, some don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.