• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
He got a job with the Rottnest Island Authority catching quokkas for their captive breeding program.......

Or he is playing for RC Toullinaise (sp?) in the top 14.

Either/Either :)

Woodenspoon

Herbert Moran (7)
So we get three south-african players, a couple of second-string ones (Brache and Heiberg) and then Steenkamp (just two appearances in the bench this year with the Bulls) and Waratahs get Potgieter. Mmmmm...

Zander

Ron Walden (29)
No doubt good players want to play at winning clubs. But Izzy, Beale, a Test front row, countless other Wallabies and a Springbok?

Something stinks.

The Waratahs have lost Sitaleki Timani, John Ulugia, Damien Fitzpatrick, Berrick Barnes, Tom Carter, Drew Mitchell. They would've taken up a fair slice of the payroll.

Drew Mitchell and Berrick Barnes would've been top 3 salaries.

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
The Waratahs have lost Sitaleki Timani, John Ulugia, Damien Fitzpatrick, Berrick Barnes, Tom Carter, Drew Mitchell. They would've taken up a fair slice of the payroll.

Drew Mitchell and Berrick Barnes would've been top 3 salaries.

not to mention nobody reaaaaally wants to live in perth if they had the choice, id definatly take a paycut to stay in one of the eastern teams

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
Some players like it better in the west. Pek Cowan told me he did.

im sure its a nice enough place, but I think the majority would rather like living with/within a couple hours of family and friends and also not having to deal with the large amounts of travel during the season the force are faced with

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Its a different life style here alot of the players i have spoke to with kids never want to leave they love it here the biggest thing is making the move which is tough for alot of people but not many regret it after.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Richard Brown was interviewed on the news recently after retiring and said he planned to make Perth his long term home. He's really embraced the life here and turned out for Cott a few times in 1st Grade as well. He's much loved over this way.

M

Moono75

If the Force have a couple of years of sustained success...and god knows we've been waiting..... I think the West will be a more attractive proposition. We have great weather and lifestyle, great team facility, good coaches, best fans in the competition....whats not to like.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Its a different life style here alot of the players i have spoke to with kids never want to leave they love it here the biggest thing is making the move which is tough for alot of people but not many regret it after.

I think this is the crucial point regarding why it can be hard for the Force to attract players.

For an established player that is getting opportunity elsewhere, there really has to be the lure of lots of extra cash to move to Perth. Otherwise you're unlikely to take the big step of moving across the country.

For players looking for opportunity, it will always be much easier to overcome the initial decision to move to Perth because the opportunity will win out in the end.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I think this is the crucial point regarding why it can be hard for the Force to attract players.

For an established player that is getting opportunity elsewhere, there really has to be the lure of lots of extra cash to move to Perth. Otherwise you're unlikely to take the big step of moving across the country.

For players looking for opportunity, it will always be much easier to overcome the initial decision to move to Perth because the opportunity will win out in the end.

A fact of professional life these days. I took the opportunity to work overseas and grasped it with both hands. AS you say it wins out in the end. I always knew I'd come home to Perth one day and that would be a factor for Eastern states players too.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
I'm Pretty sure It's the travel in the season. They western force are the most traveled sports team in the world. A lot of players won't play at 100% because of this. I'm sure a player
Mentioned it once.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Two years after James O'Connor issued those infamous KPIs to Force management for him to stay at the club, it appears a similar list could hold the key to his return. But this time it's the Force who are setting them.
We hear the Perth club issued O'Connor with a list of conditions - mostly framed around behaviour - that he'd have to meet if the club were to re-sign him.
Financial backers of the Force are very keen to get O'Connor back, though, and will pay decent freight. With a good ARU top-up, O'Connor's earning capacity in Australia is as good as anything he'd get playing overseas. O’Connor has, to be fair, impressed West Harbour mightily with his enthusiasm and support for his new club.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/rugby-...disloe-cup-glory/story-fndpt9s1-1226693754124

M

Moono75

If there's one thing that really shits me off it's drawn out, overly long contract negotiation and speculation. Not just JOC (James O'Connor) but Izzy Folau as well. Yawn yawn bloody snooze fest sign a deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.