• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Moono75

I think Mafi and Nikoro could could shine this season. I like the injection of speed with Nikoro, Aki and Scott. Alcock and Stander on the bench with Cottrell. Hodgson and McCalman starting is a good problem to have.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
You know our back 5 forward stocks are good when Wykes, Coleman, Steenkamp and Walton are vying for two locking positions, and Stander, Alcock, and Mafi are vying for a place on the bench

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Sorry to post so close to Christmas.

Looking for Western Force writers for the 2015 Super Rugby Season.

Start a convo with me if you're interested.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
The ARU is a steaming pile of shit. It's priorities are so far out of wack. It will stump up thousands for a mercenary code hopper but a genuine rugby legend is left out to fend for himself.

Great work by the Force.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
"genuine rugby legend"? In what sense? Can we get a bit realistic. Cummins wouldn't make my full strength 23 nor a 31 man WC squad.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
"genuine rugby legend"? In what sense? Can we get a bit realistic. Cummins wouldn't make my full strength 23 nor a 31 man WC squad.

Yeah, he's a genuine Western Force legend but not a rugby legend. I bet that Hunt will crush him. He was lucky that top class wingers like Digby Ioane and Drew Mitchell went to Europe, that allowed him to be on the Wallabies team.

Sorry Force supporters but we must also say, the honey badger is a good player at Super Rugby level ;)

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Seems a lot off GAGR ppl hitting the bottle hard tonight. Slow down ppl its a long day tomorrow.

Hunt would crush him now that made me laugh. When hunt actually plays and does something then we can talk about him until then give it a rest.

Also people need to get over Digby he didn't do anything in his last 2 years in aus and hasn't done anything in Paris. He has no knees.

Cummins would easily be in the top 4 wingers in aus. JOC (James O'Connor), Speight, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)/Cummins and on his day I would have him in front off AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) and on Speights EOYT again I would go with cummins.

I agree about him not being a rugby legend he isn't he is however a legendary bloke.

Marry Xmas people.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Seems a lot off GAGR ppl hitting the bottle hard tonight. Slow down ppl its a long day tomorrow.

Hunt would crush him now that made me laugh. When hunt actually plays and does something then we can talk about him until then give it a rest.

Also people need to get over Digby he didn't do anything in his last 2 years in aus and hasn't done anything in Paris. He has no knees.

Cummins would easily be in the top 4 wingers in aus. JOC (James O'Connor), Speight, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)/Cummins and on his day I would have him in front off AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) and on Speights EOYT again I would go with cummins.

I agree about him not being a rugby legend he isn't he is however a legendary bloke.

Marry Xmas people.

Also do you believe that Hogdson is the best flanker with the Wallaby jersey?

Strangely you forgot to mention Drew Mitchell. Is Cummins better than Mitchell? I don't think so

My top Aussie wingers:

1- Henry Speight
2- Israel Folau (He can play at winger)
3- JOC (James O'Connor)
4- AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
5- Drew Mitchell
6- Digby Ioane
7- Cummins/Tomane

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)

Strangely you forgot to mention Drew Mitchell. Is Cummins better than Mitchell? I don't think so

My top Aussie wingers:

1- Henry Speight
3- JOC (James O'Connor)
5- Drew Mitchell
6- Digby Ioane
7- Cummins/Tomane

The last time Mitchell was any good in gold was 2010, and like Ioane was on his last legs when he left to chase the euros in France. Strangely you forgot to mention Lote Tuqiri. Is Mitchell better than Tuqiri? I don't think so.

Hilarious you would put Speight at 1, when he has only dominated at Super Rugby level and done 0 yet at international level.

Since Cummins left, who has been the standout winger after June, hmm?

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)

My top Aussie wingers:

1- Henry Speight
3- JOC (James O'Connor)
5- Drew Mitchell
6- Digby Ioane
7- Cummins/Tomane
On Hodgo maybe you should listen back to one of the podcasts when I said I would have hooper in front of hodgo,,,,,,,,,

On drew I didn't mention him your right mainly because I felt it didn't really warrant a mention because again like digby unfortunately was past it and didn't do a whole lot in hiS last few years after his big injuries which was a shame he was one of my fav players.

Folau Is our fullback end of story

Next you will prob say CFS or Shipperly are in front of cummins.

Like I said cummins is in the top 4 and on his day I would have him in front of Speight and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper).

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
The other thing interesting to note is that nick has played 15 tests for the wallabies and scored 6 tries. Of those 15 test Australia has won 11 draw 1 and lost 3 so that a 76.66% success rate

Compare that with say Joe Tomane who has played 14 games in the same period. from those 14 matches he has 3 tries and australia won 7 and lost 7 for a 50% success rate.

Interesting numbers when you look at the overall success of the team over the past few years.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
The other thing interesting to note is that nick has played 15 tests for the wallabies and scored 6 tries. Of those 15 test Australia has won 11 draw 1 and lost 3 so that a 76.66% success rate

Compare that with say Joe Tomane who has played 14 games in the same period. from those 14 matches he has 3 tries and australia won 7 and lost 7 for a 50% success rate.

Interesting numbers when you look at the overall success of the team over the past few years.

:eek:

A man with this reasoning definitely has not looked the Wallabies games or understand very little about rugby. Most of Wallabies losses are because of the weakness of our tight five

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
What a weird discussion about wingers. As a Brumbies' supporter through and through, I fully agree that Cummins has been the best winger for the Wallabies in the last couple of years. IMO there is no comparison between the HB now and either Drew Mitchell or Digby now. That's not to say that both Drew and Digby weren't amongst the best wingers we have produced but they haven't been Wallaby standard for a couple of years.

I am also convinced that Henry Speight will be the best when he regains full fitness and form, but strictly right now HB gets the gong.

Surprising that Morahan didn't get a mention from some of our Reds' fans, but then he isn't the player he was since going to the Force.;)

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
The thought that Badge wouldn't get in the Wallaby match day 23 is pretty odd. He's clearly done the business at test level and I'd have him in ahead of every other candidate at this time. That includes Henry, but I fully agree that the upside on that fella is massive.

brokendown

Vay Wilson (31)
the fact is that he has lifted the profile of rugby like no other for quite some time--he is a promoter's dream,but the ARU appear oblivious to this

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
On Hodgo maybe you should listen back to one of the podcasts when I said I would have hooper in front of hodgo,,,,,,,,,

On drew I didn't mention him your right mainly because I felt it didn't really warrant a mention because again like digby unfortunately was past it and didn't do a whole lot in hiS last few years after his big injuries which was a shame he was one of my fav players.

Folau Is our fullback end of story

Next you will prob say CFS or Shipperly are in front of cummins.

Like I said cummins is in the top 4 and on his day I would have him in front of Speight and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper).

A non-performer in the test arena (Speight) over one of the most consistently excellent on-field performers for the Wallabies since 2010 (JOC (James O'Connor)) should have been all you needed to see to know a response was just more bait for another retarded response.

T

TOCC

Cummins would be starting winger if a team was picked tomorrow, and whilst he is a terrific character I wouldn't get ahead of myself and call him a 'genuine rugby legend'.. Western Force legend perhaps, but he has many tests to play and many tries to score before he could be considered in the same league as the Wallaby legends.

Status
Not open for further replies.