• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crashy

Nev Cottrell (35)
I had a quick squizz at Ticketek and ticket sales look strong for the first Force home game. We'll have a better idea later this week but a sellout wouldnt be off the cards if the weather holds and ticket sales continue. Good for rugby in WA.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Foley saying Francois van Wyk has torn his pectoral muscle that needs surgery and gone for the season.

Alcock and Coleman needing scans on their injuries

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Thanks for the heads up. After Saturday it looks like we need to try to bring in a prop pronto. Joe Savage plays locally and used to play for one of the NZ teams (Chiefs I think). I heard he didn't want to play Super Rugby anymore for family reasons (too much travel).

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I'd like to see you try and bring Ma'afu back, he looks to be doing quite well in the north and it be interesting to see how he goes. If he has improved his experience would be invaluable come world cup time. That said he looks pretty settled and might not be interested, particularly if he has to break a contract to do it. There's also Phil Kite who was Brisbane city's third tighthead and went to the vikings to try and crack super rugby. Given Talakai and Faagase's good showing so far he's probably up to it in the set piece.

Otherwise it might need to be an established foreigner to make a quick difference, which would depend on where your allowance sits atm.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
With Pek back this week, we should hopefully find some rhythm again.

How much did they pay Hunt, but let Longbottom slip overseas where the Poms are thinking about capping him.

;(

frenchman

Bob McCowan (2)
There are a couple of big bopper tightheads in France who are Australian.
Chris Seuteni and Barry Faamausilli, they'd be the type of player i'd go hunting to fix a front row problem

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
With Pek back this week, we should hopefully find some rhythm again.

How much did they pay Hunt, but let Longbottom slip overseas where the Poms are thinking about capping him.

;(
I like a good bash of the ARU as much as the next man. But I understand that the deal with Sarries had been made some time ago, certainly before Longbum came into the Wallaby equation. We cant go and throw money at everyone who has promise.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I like a good bash of the ARU as much as the next man. But I understand that the deal with Sarries had been made some time ago, certainly before Longbum came into the Wallaby equation. We cant go and throw money at everyone who has promise.
Only promising backs

Absent Friend

Peter Burge (5)
Thanks for the heads up. After Saturday it looks like we need to try to bring in a prop pronto. Joe Savage plays locally and used to play for one of the NZ teams (Chiefs I think). I heard he didn't want to play Super Rugby anymore for family reasons (too much travel).
Understand the Eastwood (Sydney) prop Guy Millar will arive in Perth this week on a training contract. He had an excellant season for the Sydney premiers in 2014, and completed all games for the Rams in the NRC, winning much praise. I saw him take the QU TH apart in the National Club championship game in Sydney last weekend. He is a massive unit and (as seems required by Force) was born in South Africa. Eastwood may feel a little dispirited as their whole starting front row from last years GF has gone to Super XV clubs. (Just how it should be however)

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Understand the Eastwood (Sydney) prop Guy Millar will arive in Perth this week on a training contract. He had an excellant season for the Sydney premiers in 2014, and completed all games for the Rams in the NRC, winning much praise. I saw him take the QU TH apart in the National Club championship game in Sydney last weekend. He is a massive unit and (as seems required by Force) was born in South Africa. Eastwood may feel a little dispirited as their whole starting front row from last years GF has gone to Super XV clubs. (Just how it should be however)
Good kid with a bit of skill. I notice his long time partner in crime Jed Gillespie (also pretty good) has gone to the Rebels but I wonder if maybe they both might need a few more seasons being knocked around a bit in the Shute Shield or similar.

T

TOCC

Perthites, I'm in Fremantle this weekend with work, can I expect the local pubs to have the rugby on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Makes sense to bring in a tighthead.

Would allow Tetera to play in his natural position of loosehead, and give an opportunity to Hoskins or Heiberg to start at tighthead. Can't help but think we might need another lh though.

Status
Not open for further replies.