• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Word on the street is that it's bad and he will be out for 10-12 weeks not good but luckily we have Alcock and stander. Get well skip.

Cowan, Alby or Wykes will probably step in to captain the team.

M

Moono75

Not great news for Hodgo if true. Particularly in our 10th season which he would have set himself for being the proud Force man he is. But in adversity it may serve to steel the team and have a do it for Hodgo mindset.

Alcock and Stander will set themselves for big years and there won't be a big drop off in production, though we will miss the leadership Hodgo exudes through his physical example.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
So I guess we'd expect it to be the same then.
Yeah unless they look to the future and try someone like Charles or Godwin who have been part of the leadership groups in the last couple of years. Wykes was also the captain of the spirit and is highly respected within the playing group.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Word on the street is that it's bad and he will be out for 10-12 weeks not good but luckily we have Alcock and stander. Get well skip.

Cowan, Alby or Wykes will probably step in to captain the team.

Confirmed he's out until around Round 8. A real blow but there's some good backup there.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I'd love to be taking the Hodgo injury as calmly as you blokes, but JESUS H CHRIST FAAAAARK.

Some of you are forgetting that our first positive year in recent memory came off the back of Hodgo personally grabbing the season by the scruff of the neck and then dragging the team along on his back. He was immense, talisman like proportions to match one BOD.

It'll be a great to see if the team has the maturity to carry it on without him, but our first 7 game run is quite horror.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
I'm looking at it as a glimpse into the future. Hodgo won't be around for much longer so it's a good chance to see if the boys can carry on their hard work he helped lay last season. He will be back and I'm sure his replacements will do a great job. No sense getting worked up over something we have no control over.

M

Moono75

Don't forget Alcock is a very good player, tough to bring down and probably a better ball runner than Hodgo. We'll miss Hodgo's leadership but this is a team game. Guys need to step up and take their shot.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
People forget that some Force fans were calling for Hodgson to be dropped after the first two games last season. Its a loss but there are players in the squad who are harder to replace (Mathewson and Faulkner at THP to name a few).

Don't see the point in bringing Dick Brown back. He isn't an openside. A good player, sure, but we need to look to the future.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
That's right Forcefield and I was one of them. He looked like he was struggling, but rather amazingly lifted himself and the team to an excellent season. I thought he was done but he came good and proved us all wrong.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
He also singled out Coleman too. Good to see he's thinking the same way that a lot of us are in that:

a, There is an opportunity for a young lock to step up and seize the jersey this year
b, Coleman could be one of those blokes

M

Moono75

Love the Honey Badgers cameo in the new BankWest ad with John McEnroe :)

maxresdefault.jpg

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Wykes has really stepped up under Michael Foley and did a good job of leading the Perth Spirit. I'd expect him to be given a chance as skipper.

All of the leadership group will need to step up.
Suspect Hodgson will travel with the team, at least for the Aussie games, to keep on working with Foley and support whoever is stand-in Captain.

Richard Brown is not an OSF and would have a lot of trouble displacing Cottrell, Mafi, Stander and McCalman from the team.

WF well served with Alcock for OSF and Koteka & Hardwick as back-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.