• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2017 Under-20 Competitions including Oceania & World U20s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
HTC who is James Gall?? (Don't worry Second rower from Churchie 2014. Played prop for Easts 2016 for one game). Must of been injured or a phanton on the run-on sheet.

The run on team is very good. But I have a few question marks on a couple of the forward reserves. I think Qld is a lill short in experience there compared to the NSW guys.

May have to go back to the computerlator; add in the weather, reserves - hmmmm margin shortening~!!
I wouldn't think NSW will have an edge in the wet. They handled the wet conditions against Force and very nearly got rolled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Ok predictions for this weekend. Doesn't look like its going to pour (like the BOM said earlier in the week....good on ya BOM!!) in Brisbane, but there may be some showers/storms around. The new Wests grounds, aptly named the Colosseum (well done Wests!), looks well grassed and will drain easily.....therefore....

In that case I think:

Qld by 18 in the clash of the "top of the table"

Like the determination of the Force and they have had a hard road travelling out east several times. Like Hondros (?) like Voster, the #8 on occasions and ofc Vui. But unfortunately the long road again take it's toll on them in what has been an exhausting season.

Young Brumbies by 18.

Good luck to all the players (and those that watch)....hopefully an injury free weekend with some great running rugby.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
ACT

TEAM
  1. Charlie Hancock (Uni-Norths)
  2. Sam Thomas (Tuggeranong)
  3. Angus Wagner (Tuggeranong)
  4. Darcy Swain (Tuggeranong)
  5. Will Sankey (Uni-Norths)
  6. Justin Sikimeti (Queanbeyan)
  7. Nick Saunders (Easts)
  8. Brodie Leber (Wests)
  9. Ryan Lonergan (Tuggeranong)
  10. Liam Moseley (Queanbeyan)
  11. Jackson Duffey (Gungahlin)
  12. Trai Henderson (Tuggeranong)
  13. Lenny Ikitau (Tuggeranong)
  14. Kuti Tahau (Wests)
  15. Jamie Kotz (Gungahlin)
REPLACEMENTS
  1. Tevita Unga-Wolske (Gungahlin)
  2. Nick Cushan (Tuggeranong)
  3. Ben Gordon (Queanbeyan)
  4. Levi G-Shaw (Queanbeyan)
  5. Liam Rasch (Wests)
  6. Jacob Abel (Easts)
  7. Alec Sheldon (Uni-Norths)
  8. Josh Wells (Queanbeyan)

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Sage, that's not too far off my 20/20. Good on ye mate.

I knowwww!

Part of me wanted to go a little higher than you, then the rational side of me kicked-in and said "it never goes exactly how you think it's going to go" and "you really have no idea what your doing!" so you got 18's instead!

Rugby Mum 2

Bill Watson (15)
This Qlder love-in makes me want to spew....

So in the interest of balance and some good old fashioned state parochialism, NSW to whoop the Reds by 14 points and leave them in a snivelling heap crying for their mummies.....

How is that for a prediction! My snouts tell me the Gen Blue forwards have flicked their organic chicken from the local farmers markets and have been fed raw meat all week (hold the broccolini) and are watching Once Were Warriors on Netflix. Ooh baby they are hungry.

The backs have enlisted the assistance of "El Grippo" and instead of using it on their hair will be initiating a try blitz on the Qld line.

Force vs Brumbies? Meh, who cares. Brumbies by 7.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
This Qlder love-in makes me want to spew..

So in the interest of balance and some good old fashioned state parochialism, NSW to whoop the Reds by 14 points and leave them in a snivelling heap crying for their mummies...

How is that for a prediction! My snouts tell me the Gen Blue forwards have flicked their organic chicken from the local farmers markets and have been fed raw meat all week (hold the broccolini) and are watching Once Were Warriors on Netflix. Ooh baby they are hungry.

The backs have enlisted the assistance of "El Grippo" and instead of using it on their hair will be initiating a try blitz on the Qld line.

Force vs Brumbies? Meh, who cares. Brumbies by 7.
Rugby Mum, you obviously have a boy that is going run home crying to you!

Linespeed

Sydney Middleton (9)
Haha Rugby Mum says it how it is…now that’s Qld v NSW.

Ok so R4 prediction..Reds20s by 15 & Brumbies Colts by 21

I think we’ll see similar kicking/field position strategies from both teams hoping to build pressure & errors. I just hope we see some running rugby in between with the backlines getting enough ball to really have a crack. Good luck fellas.

Brainstrust

Watty Friend (18)
is there a table out there for this U20 comp. Do they have bonus points, or is it just a for and against format?

Status
Not open for further replies.