• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2022 Bledisloe Cup. Wallabies vs All Blacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Q2YhPVq.gif

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Thankfully ticket sales seem to be going well for the match, as there's now no finals footy in Melbourne on Saturday night...

I see both Paul Cully and Iain Payten in the SMH calling for an all Victorian backrow of Leota, Samu and Valetini.

I think Leota is due for another start, and despite his consistent form off the bench I still don't think that translates into a start for Samu.

Last edited:

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Thankfully ticket sales seem to be going well for the match, as there's now no finals footy in Melbourne on Saturday night...

I see both Paul Cully and Iain Payten in the SMH calling for an all Victorian backrow of Leota, Samu and Valetini.

I think Leota is due for another start, and despite his consistent form off the bench I still don't think that translates into a start for Samu.
Pretty cheap too to be honest. I see advertising everywhere for $50 tickets. Gotta go get my girlfriend a jersey for $150 though now, so there you go.

Drop Jed completely, Leota to 6. Wilson to bench.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)

Cant see how Samu displaces McReight. The only two forwards playing halfway consistently are Valetini and Fraser.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
He won't Paul Cully is just saying it because it fits the Victorian Narrative

I think it was in Payten's case.... Cully's thinking is more about fronting up big to start, and then bringing on McReight when the game "opens up"...

My team would be: James Slipper, Dave Porecki, Allan Ala'alatoa, Cadeyrn Neville, Darcy Swain, Rob Leota, Pete Samu, Rob Valetini, Nic White, Bernard Foley, Marika Koroibete, Lalakai Foketi, Len Ikitau, Andrew Kellaway, Reece Hodge; Reserves: Folau Fainga’a, Angus Bell, Pone Fa’amausili, Jed Holloway, Fraser McReight, Tate McDermott, Kurtley Beale, Suliasi Vunivalu.

I’ve reinstated big Cadeyrn Neville after his promising Test career start, while Rob Leota starts to bring a bit more aggression to the Wallabies’ early ball carries: they can’t sit back against the All Blacks.

The same philosophy lies behind the selection of Pete Samu at No 7: Fraser McReight comes on as the Test begins to open up.

I disagree... I think we'll need McReight's workrate and pressure on the ball.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Yes. McReight a definite starter, particularly with Savea absent. He may give us a point of difference on the pill.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Cant see how Samu displaces McReight. The only two forwards playing halfway consistently are Valetini and Fraser.

Agreed, all 3 should play but Fraser must start.

btw bledisloe in melbourne 2 years in a row

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
All quiet on a thread a day out from a probable announcement of Beale or Foley in the squad. Where's the outrage folks.

Great podcast on Roar Rugby with a pretty analytical heavy interview with To'omua. Unsurprisingly, Matt is a (humble) smart cookie. I'd be keen to see him coaching later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.