• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe 1 - Wallabies vs All Blacks, ANZ Stadium, Sydney, 8:05pm

Who wins?

• Walabies

Votes: 19 38.8%
  • All Blacks

Votes: 29 59.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beefcake

Bill Watson (15)
The rot had set in before Giteau went off. He missed a kick to touch (he was brought back partially for his kicking ability or so I thought) from which the ABs counter-attacked and scored. That was it for us.

Two different mindsets, the darkness 'actively hustle, think on the run until final whistle', wobs 'set up and waiting for opportunities to open up' -
Seems TGC got this one wrong from the camp - and the players were pressed to follow that game plan - its prolly one plausible way of interpreting their rigid play, almost unwobbly-esque

Stevo

Frank Row (1)
Matt Burke had a good point, No players on defence who could make a tackle to stop momentum. All it takes is either a good defensive read or a hard as f&*k tackle.

Breakdown work was horrible too.

Drop for being weak Simmons, McCalman, Moore
Inject for intensity Arnold/Coleman, Timani, TPN

Start Fardy for the line-out which means Hooper becomes a super-sub.

4. Coleman
5. Douglas
6. Fardy
7. Pocock
8. Timani

And the intensity will lift when Hooper comes on at 60mins.

Don't care about the backs right now but Foley needs the entire 7 days with Bryne to work on kicking.

It has to be said that the Pooper experiment is over. ABs figured it out, and I have no doubt that England would have. We lose more by not having size in the lineout and failing to make hard yards up the middle than we do at ruck time, since that has been a real weakness in this run of losses.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
To me every test this year has smelt of a bunch of smug pricks who think they are unbeatable because of last years RWC. And they got owned tonight.

Keepers:
Folau
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
Genia
McCalman
Pocock
Mumm
Kepu
TPN
Slipper
Phipps

Not necessarily saying they should all be starters but you could see they were the ones who took pride in the jersey.

I'd probably put To'omua in that mob too, just didn't get to see him tonight.

HoldingOn

Alfred Walker (16)
To me every test this year has smelt of a bunch of smug pricks who think they are unbeatable because of last years RWC. And they got owned tonight.

Keepers:
Folau
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
Genia
McCalman
Pocock
Mumm
Kepu
TPN
Slipper
Phipps

Not necessarily saying they should all be starters but you could see they were the ones who took pride in the jersey.

I'd probably put To'omua in that mob too, just didn't get to see him tonight.
Kepu has terrible hands- must have dropped it cold at least 5 times

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
We will have to agree to disagree! I guess it depends on which you think comes first, the chicken or the egg.

I just didnt think the All Blacks looked that great tonight. Slower then usual. I actually thought a pace or two off their usual standard but they still managed that result.

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
It has to be said that the Pooper experiment is over. ABs figured it out, and I have no doubt that England would have. We lose more by not having size in the lineout and failing to make hard yards up the middle than we do at ruck time, since that has been a real weakness in this run of losses.

what's upsetting is that we learned this lesson with waugh and smith

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
I'm still cranky enough to suggest that we select a few rough nuts out of Shute Shield, pay them $5000 each to play next weekend, and then go to town on every All Black who is offside at the breakdown/clearing out illegally/lying over the ball/etc.
A couple of red cards will eventuate but we couldn't do any worse with 13 than we did tonight with 15.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
I just didnt think the All Blacks looked that great tonight. Slower then usual. I actually thought a pace or two off their usual standard but they still managed that result.

The first half the tempo in attack and defensively was right where the ABs like it I think. They looked sharp off the line and their support play was very good.

The second half was a bit of a mishmash.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I'm happy to talk about Cheika and Larkham's position at the wallabies. They knew what was coming and had plenty of time to prepare. He chose the wrong flyhalf for a territory game and continues to pick a unbalanced back row and players out of form.

I heartily agree Sully, but don't leave Nathan Gray out. His defensive systems have been shit and are just as responsible as the underperforming attack for the results we've been getting this year.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
I'm happy to talk about Cheika and Larkham's position at the wallabies. They knew what was coming and had plenty of time to prepare. He chose the wrong flyhalf for a territory game and continues to pick a unbalanced back row and players out of form.

You can add in Grey to the discussion after that defensive display, and as for who is responsible for the the set piece and forwards........time to clean house.

So Pulver decided to renew the Wallabies head coach contact for how long on what basis?

Beefcake

Bill Watson (15)
3 backs not 1. The all blacks have always bent the rules we usually only win when they get penalised or carded out of the game

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Not sure if ure being sarcastic.

Although that sentiment perhaps typifies the current valley the wobs are in, always blaming or waiting for someone else to show the way rather than take the lead in the manner it should be done.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I'm still cranky enough to suggest that we select a few rough nuts out of Shute Shield, pay them $5000 each to play next weekend, and then go to town on every All Black who is offside at the breakdown/clearing out illegally/lying over the ball/etc.
A couple of red cards will eventuate but we couldn't do any worse with 13 than we did tonight with 15.

1st time Aaron Smith/Beauden Barrett/whoever starts at 10 for the ABs next week gets the ball, I want someone rushing up to hammer the living daylights out of them.
Fuck it just bring back Duncan McRae and fill him with angry pills

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
It was a few. Maybe you mistook some of Kuridrani's for him too. ;)
Kepu looked very lethargic compared to his conditioning last year.
I was thinking exactly the same thing! Re the hands that is. I have him as a keeper purely for his scrummaging, he loves it.

HoldingOn

Alfred Walker (16)
I heartily agree Sully, but don't leave Nathan Gray out. His defensive systems have been shit and are just as responsible as the underperforming attack for the results we've been getting this year.
Yeah what the hell was that defensive structure? The amount of times the AB forwards made cheap metres

Status
Not open for further replies.