• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Meeting over. Interesting times, hard to read the outcome. Was it to shore up support, sound out positions, ask what ACT rugby clubs want and their positions, or more of a power play?

Why would he want an extraordinary board meeting?

IMHO I think he is playing with a straight bat and asking as a CEO what ACT Rugby clubs and their players want.

Unless someone can put forward a good reason I cannot see why he would need or want an extraordinary board meeting when he is well positioned now with the legal actions in play.

Of interest there sees to be some very coincidental timing with certain elements.

Gavel 4.JPG

3 months ago was roughly when the defamation allegations were made, the NRC licence that was co-shared with UC and the Vikings was being reconsidered and matches with the timing of the rumours and what Jones is claiming as the period people have been staring to take a hack.

IMHO I fear is that this is the incestuous old boys (and girls) club playing power and politics in a small "clicky" town naively ostracising either deliberately, or by the lack of intestinal fortitude (like the fear of the colour red or having someone else pay your bills, or not playing if I can't be the leader) cutting down the only person in years that has stopped the financial rot and reset ACT Rugby on a positive financial future which would benefit them.

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
Smith's report says he was hoping to get approval from the board for an injunction before being stood down. Not sure to what purpose.

It reads like it was a seperate injunction from today's - on behalf of the board, not against them. Or am I reading too much into it?

edit - read the article. Must be this bit.
His claim also makes allegations of detrimental action by University of Canberra vice-chancellor Stephen Parker, the University of Canberra Union, Joe Roff, and David Lamont.
Mr Jones successfully restrained any of those individuals from talking to the Brumbies or the board about him, his employment, or an email sent in November last year, which referred to his complaint to police.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Smith's report says he was hoping to get approval from the board for an injunction before being stood down. Not sure to what purpose.

It reads like it was a seperate injunction from today's - on behalf of the board, not against them. Or am I reading too much into it?

edit - read the article. Must be this bit.

Ok, so there was some confusion as there was 2 matters.
It was reported that Parker (UC) was going ahead with his defamation action (maybe this is what Smith was referring to). Actually that was a reporting error and Parker is yet to act after 3 months.

Jones initiated the injunction against the Brumbies board, UC etc after he was stood down. The injunction pretty much identifies all who are against him.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)

Crimes Act report on tonight's meeting between Jones and clubs:

I find it interesting that Pulver is saying the Brumbies do have the money if they ditch Jones as it was reported the reason the meeting with Pulver and the ACT Chief Minister was called was to make sure they could get financial help. Why else would you invite the ACT Government?

PS: JRobs "Canberra Mafia" jibe on Rugby 360 was gold and I think pretty close to the mark.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rug...-as-michael-jones-fights-20160322-gnp3jo.html

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
Judging purely by his radio interview and assorted articles listed on this thread I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt until more information is forthcoming (if it's forthcoming). He must really think the opposition against him is either misinformed or very localised to get an injunction to return to work though. Or maybe he has some pertinent data there that he wants access to. Or maybe he wants to be sure the mice don't come out to agree upon a story while the cat is away. The urgent listing of the injunction suggests an urgent reason.

I doubt we'll ever know the full details, which is a shame. But fwiw he comes across as a guy trying to honorably extricate his company from an inherited mess. But the mess has mates. Or leverage.

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
Is the AFP investigation a criminal one? I'm assuming it is, if he's using whistle-blower laws to get his injunction. And if so, would his being CEO have any impact on what the AFP can do once they've concluded it? Could a CEO decline to press charges, for instance? Or would it be the crown prosecuting? Am I asking stupid questions?

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Pocock to be appointed Commander-in-Chief of the Brumbies.

He'll fix it:)
Can you imagine the size of the veggie patch he would have at Brumbies HQ with the amount of fertiliser available atm!

Also be a few handcuffed to some earthmoving equipment until they adjusted their values and attitudes.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I don't tend to take these rumour articles too seriously, but would be great if true.........

TOMANE’S COLD FEET

SPEAKING of backline stars, Wallabies and Brumbies winger Joe Tomane is having second thoughts about his move to France at the end of the year.

Word is that Tomane is looking to get out of his Montpellier deal which he signed last year.

The shine has apparently worn off the Jake White-run club, with other well-known players having recently fallen out with the coach, who ironically coached Tomane at the Brumbies.

Australia would love to retain “Smokin Joe”, who leads the Super Rugby competition this year in clean line breaks, while he’s ranked third for defenders beaten.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/a...ng-western-force/story-e6frf4pu-1227802123473

Reactions: mst

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I find it interesting there's mention that players have had a falling out with Jake and the shine is wearing off, Montpellier have been in great form lately and sitting very well in the T14 and looking like they'll win the Challenge Cup too. They've won their last 4 games and smashed Racing last match (although rested). That comment looks way off.

Reactions: mst

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
So this weeks radio interview about the Brumbies...........

This morning on ABC Grandstand Tim Gavel interviewed Pulver and Rod Kafer about the Brumbies.

Pulver does his usual vague thing. Still repeating the same lines which personally is pissing me off and is making clearer every time he repeats the lines he is purely playing politics and wants to make it go way.

Really interesting in the interview he says he hasn't talked to Jones, rather the Brumbies Chairman, Rob Kennedy, who was previously the board Financial Committee chair. This Board, with Kennedy at the helm appointed Jones in January 2015.

Part 2 of the interview with Kafer is really intriguing in that he seems to have completely changed his position from what he said on Rugby 360 mid week and appears to backing Jones: starts @ 25min mark

https://radio.abc.net.au/programitem/pe7Ddd1J6D

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
So this weeks radio interview about the Brumbies.....

This morning on ABC Grandstand Tim Gavel interviewed Pulver and Rod Kafer about the Brumbies.

Pulver does his usual vague thing. Still repeating the same lines which personally is pissing me off and is making clearer every time he repeats the lines he is purely playing politics and wants to make it go way.

Really interesting in the interview he says he hasn't talked to Jones, rather the Brumbies Chairman, Rob Kennedy, who was previously the board Financial Committee chair. This Board, with Kennedy at the helm appointed Jones in January 2015.

Part 2 of the interview with Kafer is really intriguing in that he seems to have completely changed his position from what he said on Rugby 360 mid week and appears to backing Jones: starts @ 25min mark

https://radio.abc.net.au/programitem/pe7Ddd1J6D

Who was the porkchop suggesting Mann-Rea should be sacked for the punching incident? Jesus fucking christ he punched someone in a full-contact sport that necessitates aggression. Sure its not acceptable, but it was a brainfart, he has shown remorse and to terminate a contract for a red-card is laughable. He got red-carded, hes already been punished.

I'm also backing Jones on this (not that anyone cares about my opinion). I am so so sick of the old boys club that is Rugby Union is Australia.

I'm sick of people like John Eales, George Gregan or any other prominent ex-player walking into board positions with a C.V. entirely consisting of mascot / dancing bear roles at prominent companies.

I'm even more sick of hearing them commentate. Hearing George Gregan and John Eales have a conversation is as enjoyable as watching 50 Shades of Grey, and I'm not talking about the book with the raunchy BDSM and critically-acclaimed dialogue.

Oh no, a Eales-Gregan shit-sandwich is far worse. Its akin to literally watching a post-Soviet, decrepit and arthritic 68-year old man in the middle of bum-fuck Hungary paint a fourty-square foot slab of concrete with 50 different shades of grey, and then watching it attempt to dry as the exceptionally cold yet mild weather of Eastern Europe manifests itself with a light, yet piercing, drizzle.

I've never seen two individuals so terrified of showing any form of personality.

"How'd you find the game George?"

"It was ok. Actually, it was better than ok. Somewhere between ok and good. But not great, no no, certainly not great. Some good things happened, some bad things happened and at the end of the day I wasn't upset that I watched it. But I wouldnt watch it again. I was content. How'd you find it John?"

"Satisfactory. I was a little peeved that one of the teams ended up winning though, I would have much preferred a draw. It was, if anything, almost too exciting of a finish. I think I need to go lie down now and listen to someone be reminded why my nick-name in the Wallabies was 'Nobody'. That'll sort me out".

And why do these idiots get these positions? Because they were good at running into people in their mid-20s! Of course they deserve them! What kind of idiot would give it to someone who is actually business minded and qualified? Thats no way to run a company!

You don't become the fourth most prominent winter sport in Australia by making decisions based on common sense.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
So this weeks radio interview about the Brumbies.....

He probably can't say too much considering the legal action going on.

It's probably also a difficult time to speak to Michael Jones considering he is suing someone and being sued in turn.

The last thing Pulver and the ARU need is to be embroiled in the middle of it.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Who was the porkchop suggesting Mann-Rea should be sacked for the punching incident? Jesus fucking christ he punched someone in a full-contact sport that necessitates aggression. Sure its not acceptable, but it was a brainfart, he has shown remorse and to terminate a contract for a red-card is laughable. He got red-carded, hes already been punished.

This made me laugh when I heard it. First he starts going on about Shute Shield (related to the topic how??) then rants about Mann Rae being immediately sacked because he and some ppl he has spoken to about it reckon it was appalling, he had every opportunity not to punch the guy etc etc. What a knob!! I wonder where he and those ppl he spoke to stand on Latu and his punch?

Status
Not open for further replies.