• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2022

bring back rucking

Fred Wood (13)
And the Knox winger Evans was disallowed in 2020 after playing 2 years in the firsts… ended up having to play Gordon colts in his final year at school… I don’t think that’s right.. he had a slight physique and to my knowledge was at the school since either the prep or year 7.

SkyBlue

Banned
Yeah…. GPS do it differently - it’s no older than 18 during the season or school year (I can’t remember which) that allows the boy who is held back starting school in kindergarten (who subsequently turns 19 in December of year 12) to play which is very different to someone born in January and is 19 for the whole school year.
I'm not sure about this. Know a boy who played 1stXV at a GPS school only a couple of years ago. Turned 19 BEFORE the rugby season. Was more than two whole years older than some of the boys in his grade.

bring back rucking

Fred Wood (13)
He probably got dispensation. This is the policy compared to the cas policy. Both can be subject to review by each members committee on a case by case basis. But the GPS base case is more sensible IMO

Thoughts on the chosen cas u16 squad

DanielChristodoulouTrinity Grammar School1
MaxMeagherTrinity Grammar School2
NickHillBarker College3
SamNiulalaTrinity Grammar School4
ZionPotihaWaverley College5
NathanielThomasBarker College6
OliverAboudWaverley College7
HeathTurnerKnox Grammar School8
KeraWeaverBarker College9
TroyPateaWaverley College10
DeclanMintoWaverley College11
LanceTovioCranbrook School12
KahuCapperWaverley College13
MaxRoachKnox Grammar School14
DylanHallKnox Grammar School15
JosephTangiWaverley College16
LukaPonsonbySt Aloysius College17
SebastianGyngellKnox Grammar School19
JamesNestorWaverley College19
AmosiaSoatiniTrinity Grammar School20
HugoSchneiderWaverley College21
DaneMitchellTrinity Grammar School22
MalikAmineTrinity Grammar School23
JaxsonAllenCranbrook School24
BenBlanchardBarker College25

Homer

Ted Fahey (11)
Can’t believe Jay Harris didn’t make the 16’s after playing 2nds and 1sts for Knox. He also couldn’t play State Cup for Manly due to that so now isn’t on the mix for Gen Blue u16’s which is a real shame.
Agreed. Great player and captained Manly to win at State last year and got MOTM in final.

Number3

Frank Row (1)
CAS U16s. Word from the trials is a number were preselected and didn't have to do anything. Surprising Knox seem to be the leading team and have limited numbers. Fair spread from the schools though.

First NameSurnameSchool
DanielChristodoulouTrinity Grammar School1
MaxMeagherTrinity Grammar School2
NickHillBarker College3
SamNiulalaTrinity Grammar School4
ZionPotihaWaverley College5
NathanielThomasBarker College6
OliverAboudWaverley College7
HeathTurnerKnox Grammar School8
KeraWeaverBarker College9
TroyPateaWaverley College10
DeclanMintoWaverley College11
LanceTovioCranbrook School12
KahuCapperWaverley College13
MaxRoachKnox Grammar School14
DylanHallKnox Grammar School15
JosephTangiWaverley College16
LukaPonsonbySt Aloysius College17
SebastianGyngellKnox Grammar School19
JamesNestorWaverley College19
AmosiaSoatiniTrinity Grammar School20
HugoSchneiderWaverley College21
DaneMitchellTrinity Grammar School22
MalikAmineTrinity Grammar School23
JaxsonAllenCranbrook School24
BenBlanchardBarker College25
Thought the Knox tighthead would have been selected.

WLF3

Darby Loudon (17)
So from the Knox pack they have the 8 and a reserve. They would have the best pack in that age group?
Jay Harris has been mentioned. What happened to the rest?
As a Waves dad, I watched the 16as game last Sat. Knox were very good in the 1st half, Waves did bomb at least 1 try over the line, and Knox led 19-0 just before half time. However, this Waves side has been terrific all year, except for the Newington game of which there was 1 main reason but no comment. After half time the Waves side showed great character and ran all over the Knox side, ultimately winning 28- 19.

The Waves forwards led this charge, so NO the Knox forward pack isn't the best pack in this age group, and both the Waves massive go forward props didn't play! . The Knox 8 was terrific, but so was the Waves 8, both are in the CAS team, the Knox 15 was something else, his speed, size, and skill is terrific. I am also extremely surprised that no 16 reserve Waves prop isn't starting, maybe coming back from injury is the reason, but he was starting for the 1st XV a few games ago.

Just hope that this CAS will play their best, if so, they will be very difficult to beat. Go the CAS!

bring back rucking

Fred Wood (13)
CAS v GPS not being streamed tomorrow, CAS couldn’t come to an agreement with GPS. I don’t know the full backstory but CAS are generally against rugby streaming. (given you can watch 4th grade subbies and under 12s rugby on cluch there’s obviously a deeper reason)… any idea which schools are the main driver for this continued refusal to stream rugby games? I’m neither for or against as I attend the games… I know that cluch is run by a current CAS rugby parent so it feels like a decision made on the grounds of ethics / protecting teens from negative exposure etc. as I said just interested to understand the main reasoning, not passing judgment

Tame Brumby

Stan Wickham (3)
As a Waves dad, I watched the 16as game last Sat. Knox were very good in the 1st half, Waves did bomb at least 1 try over the line, and Knox led 19-0 just before half time. However, this Waves side has been terrific all year, except for the Newington game of which there was 1 main reason but no comment. After half time the Waves side showed great character and ran all over the Knox side, ultimately winning 28- 19.

The Waves forwards led this charge, so NO the Knox forward pack isn't the best pack in this age group, and both the Waves massive go forward props didn't play! . The Knox 8 was terrific, but so was the Waves 8, both are in the CAS team, the Knox 15 was something else, his speed, size, and skill is terrific. I am also extremely surprised that no 16 reserve Waves prop isn't starting, maybe coming back from injury is the reason, but he was starting for the 1st XV a few games ago.

Just hope that this CAS will play their best, if so, they will be very difficult to beat. Go the CAS!
Counterpoint from a Knox perspective. The Knox forwards has been brilliant this year. Unfortunately for the Waves game 3 of the starting pack were out, including the 2 props and an influential back-rower. The two props have been massive and both would have been up for rep honours if not for season ending injuries. On the day Waves were better - it would have been great to a battle of full strength teams though; will need to wait to opens.

WLF3

Darby Loudon (17)
CAS v GPS not being streamed tomorrow, CAS couldn’t come to an agreement with GPS. I don’t know the full backstory but CAS are generally against rugby streaming. (given you can watch 4th grade subbies and under 12s rugby on cluch there’s obviously a deeper reason)… any idea which schools are the main driver for this continued refusal to stream rugby games? I’m neither for or against as I attend the games… I know that cluch is run by a current CAS rugby parent so it feels like a decision made on the grounds of ethics / protecting teens from negative exposure etc. as I said just interested to understand the main reasoning, not passing judgment
This may sound far fetched but I have it on very reliable sources that some CAS don't want their school/teams live streamed as they are not competitive and it isn't a good look. Yep that was the answer I was given, and unfortunately the fact is real.