• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2021

Love2Scrum

Alfred Walker (16)
Watched some scots games they are quite unorganised and do very minimal damage with the "big guns" that the college has acquired.

I doubt they will have many GPS selections this year.

Almost certain that these boys will be;

Di Staso
Kalokalo
Wong
Cummins

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
I haven’t seen them play but I hear that the front row is very underrated. One knowledgeable old prop told me he thinks the tight head could move through the ranks quickly next year, just need to get a bit fitter.

Hey OS do you know much about joeys current 14C's my best mates son is in the team

Muminator

Bob McCowan (2)
It was a great day for rugby at Stanmore today. Throughout the day there were mixed results throughout the grades.

Congratulations to Knox 1st XV on their win. They were well coached and the far better organised team on the park with their set pieces in both the forwards and backs.

In my opinion the Newington forwards showed some promising signs especially when they were up against a bigger and stronger pack. They have surely improved since I watched them against Barker 3 weeks ago. Having said this they still have a lot more improvements specially in the Tight 5 area. #6 for Newington was the standout for me.

The Newington Backs from 9 to 15 all seemed to lack Cohesion. They are all individually talented boys but they need to gel together as a team.

Cheers
Love2Scrum

Thanks for this. I wasn’t able to get down there over the weekend, do you recall scores at all?

Allen Farmer

Frank Row (1)
Surely Tunui Jorgensen (New) would be in the front row? And Hugh Bell at #2, subject to lack of injury?

Heard about both of them. Heard tunui is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet congrats to neiwngton and his parents for giving him such a great environment. Though I don't see him making AAGPS 1st XV side. But definitely the lower teams.
Haven't seen much of hugh but if he turns out anything like his brother he will be special. I think Paddy Burns (great player) will start and have the the view hooker on the bench don't know his name sorry but hes been playing well, Has areas to improve.

Harvest season out.

T

timmymont23

I haven’t seen them play but I hear that the front row is very underrated. One knowledgeable old prop told me he thinks the tight head could move through the ranks quickly next year, just need to get a bit fitter.

Good to know, i wonder how it will go

Since the 3rd XV are playing grammar i assumer the lower teams in the lower ages will play them.
Riverview's 14C's may be playing grammar A's or B's (maybe 14b's play grammar a's)

Grammar A's always put up a good battle, tend to win against views B's and C's

Rippa

Peter Burge (5)
My info is that Hugh bell would be lucky to play a game this year. If he does he won’t last the whole game ,
He is a good kid but it is very unfortunate that his injured .

Love2Scrum

Alfred Walker (16)
Surely Tunui Jorgensen (New) would be in the front row? And Hugh Bell at #2, subject to lack of injury?

In my opinion he has the size and strength for a front rower and also notable is his tackles in defence however he lacks speed and agility compared to other GPS props. Having said this I’m led to believe that he is only in Year 10 so he has a few years up his sleeve.

Hugh Bell at #2 ??? Has he changed positions???
I watched a few of his games in the lower age groups a few years ago and he was always a back rower and a good one at that. Never know he might want to play alongside his brother in a couple of years time.

Allen Farmer

Frank Row (1)
In my opinion he has the size and strength for a front rower and also notable is his tackles in defence however he lacks speed and agility compared to other GPS props. Having said this I’m led to believe that he is only in Year 10 so he has a few years up his sleeve.

Hugh Bell at #2 ??? Has he changed positions???
I watched a few of his games in the lower age groups a few years ago and he was always a back rower and a good one at that. Never know he might want to play alongside his brother in a couple of years time.

I'm positive hes in year 11

Hugh had a few rep honours in the backrow. Forgot why he moved to the front row