• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

bring back rucking

Fred Wood (13)
Yellow card for Knox right on halftime, shore score to make it 12-7 to shore at the break… knox have had 3 tries held up over the line. Shore have plenty of commitment at the breakdown

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
The two teams today were both guilty of poor handling and discipline. Kings though I thought had the better of possession and dominated the second half, even spending 10minutes camped in joeys 22. Joeys scrambling defense and some poor Kings choices at lineout kept Joeys in the game. Yes, the Joeys 15 was the difference. He has the ability to stop players coming to him and then shoot away on another angle. (think Tim Horan and Brett Kenny) He was the best on park, mind you I liked the look of the Kings 13 and 8. Joeys forwards worked hard but dropped ball a lot. Joeys 1 was damaging again with his carries but did drop the ball 20m out after a retsrat that led to a Kings try. Joeys dominated at scrum time mostly. Lineouts both even with no major errors. Kings made three poor choices in the second half opting to throw to number 6 when a throw to 4 they would have driven the ball in when 5 metres out.

Cheering I think was even, but Kings have that bloody drum!

Team lists to follow

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
IMG-8004.JPG

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Scots 13A's lose by 3 to Oakhill
Scots 14A's lose 5 tries to 2 to very good oakhill team. Scots 14B's beat Barker 14a's by 47-31
Scots 15A's beat barker convincingly
Scots 16A's win as well
Interesting stat from today, no scots team lost on the TSC main oval.

Rob hart

Billy Sheehan (19)
Scots win every game against the hapless CAS Barker across all age groups including the 15s with half the cohort at Glengarry, a solid result against the CAS incumbent premiership team ……… I have made clear my beliefs about mixing with the great unwashed from the CAS, it’s painfully clear to me that they are not worthy …….. nor should the AAGPS even consider them for ANY form of GPS competition inclusion …….

Props are People too

Chris McKivat (8)
Barkers’ general competitiveness across all teams except 1sts is really disappointing. That being said I don’t think that is emblematic of quality across all CAS. I don’t think View won any A grade game last week against Knox. And didn’t CAS beat GPS last year in the rep game?

Scots win every game against the hapless CAS Barker across all age groups including the 15s with half the cohort at Glengarry, a solid result against the CAS incumbent premiership team ……… I have made clear my beliefs about mixing with the great unwashed from the CAS, it’s painfully clear to me that they are not worthy …….. nor should the AAGPS even consider them for ANY form of GPS competition inclusion …….

bring back rucking

Fred Wood (13)
View lost all A games against knox last week (lost the corresponding fixture last year too, and a few prior). But GPS won the the game against CAS last year at Knox in a close one after CAS won the last 2 years… Waverley, Knox and Barker have had very strong wins over GPS oponents over the last few years… there’s no gap between those 3 schools and 4 of the GPS schools, toss a coin on the 5/6th GPS school of that respective year. Where CAS struggles is with the academically selective school of aloys which should fall in the same bracket as grammar / SBH. Trinity and Cranbrook can produce from time to time but aren’t at the same level in my opinion.

if the dreaded S word wasn’t a reality in life I suspect the north shore and eastern suburbs schools in both associations would be the dominant force

Anyway, who cares… the rugby in these inter association games is seriously impressive and full of passion which is what we are all interested in…
shore were good today… as good as I’ve seen since 96 with some random blonde haired flanker calling the shots… thats great for schoolboy rugby, whether you like them or not

Flavio

Ward Prentice (10)
Scots forwards were too good, but what was disappointing was the insidious playing the ref by both sides. Close to the sideline in one play and all the Scots team threw their hand out saying it was out, it wasn't. Barker were just as bad. FFS you are schoolkids and when you leave the insular world of schoolboy rugby where you are seen as gods in your own little world you are in for a big shock. It is starting to look like how referees are treated in the round ball game. Also sledging one player by the whole cheer squad is not right

Rudderless

Alex Ross (28)
The two teams today were both guilty of poor handling and discipline. Kings though I thought had the better of possession and dominated the second half, even spending 10minutes camped in joeys 22. Joeys scrambling defense and some poor Kings choices at lineout kept Joeys in the game. Yes, the Joeys 15 was the difference. He has the ability to stop players coming to him and then shoot away on another angle. (think Tim Horan and Brett Kenny) He was the best on park, mind you I liked the look of the Kings 13 and 8. Joeys forwards worked hard but dropped ball a lot. Joeys 1 was damaging again with his carries but did drop the ball 20m out after a retsrat that led to a Kings try. Joeys dominated at scrum time mostly. Lineouts both even with no major errors. Kings made three poor choices in the second half opting to throw to number 6 when a throw to 4 they would have driven the ball in when 5 metres out.

Cheering I think was even, but Kings have that bloody drum!

Team lists to follow
Joker

Agreed. Both teams made numerous handling errors. Early days thou.

Joeys no.1 was drawing in and carrying tacklers down the park until the defence realised he had to be chopped at the legs.

A closer game then I was expecting. Even with 20 to go it was anyone's game.

Status
Not open for further replies.