• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW CAS Rugby 2021

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
Lots of talk in these forums about whether CAS is better than GPS. Tell you one thing GPS does better - announce teams.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
So, WLF - no longer predicting Waverley to win undefeated?

Snort, I am very sure you know what I think, my prediction a long time ago, stands, and I have seen no reason to change it for a many years of reason, all of which is playing out right now on the scoreboard.
But on the day, as you know, things can happen.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
I have now seen politics at it's very best...

The CAS 1sts selection are an absolute disgrace..................................

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
Does seem odd that Trinity has beaten Cranbrook and St Aloysius this season yet has fewer representatives than either. Four St Aloysius players in CAS 2nds looks generous to me. Reeve Smith looks unlucky, as does Obaseki.

Flavio

Ward Prentice (10)
Fuck me, a bit too close to my suggestions that they should just pick the whole Waverly squad in the 1sts
8 Waverley
3 Barker
3 Knox
1 Trinity

Nice they gave some participation spots to Cranbrook and Alo's in the seconds

Also didn't realise there was such a large Islander population in the Eastern Suburbs and feel sorry for the 2 Waverley kids that didn't make it in any of the squads

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
The CAS site says "Congratulations to the following students that have been selected in the CAS 1sts and 2nds teams."

I think they mean "who have been selected". CAS will now lose to GPS in the English Grammar competition.

Flavio

Ward Prentice (10)
Might be a clue

CAS Coaching staff
1sts Mr K Newbury Waverley
1sts Mr T Glassie Knox
2nd Mr J Horrocks Waverley
2nd Mr S Foley Waverley

informant

Frank Row (1)
Well gents, wonders never cease. 3 Waverley coaches and no wonder the numbers. Shame to see that only 13/15 of them being picked, hopefully Cranbrook can have some more 1st representatives in the coming years... makes me wonder sometimes what is said at this meetings. On another note, I hope Slack Smith will be able to get himself to Knox main come to the game considering his impending CTE.

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
It would be nice if we could discuss the teams on the basis that the selectors (who are not the coaches) did their best to pick the best sides they could. They might be idiots - question their judgment by all means, even their sanity - but imputing improper motives doesn't really help anyone. (I'm not holding my breath)

Ethan Flanagan was a touch unlucky, I think. But often there are three or four players legitimately going for the same position, and there's going to be an unlucky player here and there.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)

You are clearly up for it tonight. There are a number of boys who missed out that I can't believe , and they are NOT Waves boys.
Ethan Flanagan (C) 15 was red hot today, as always, scored 2 great tries today, and against a good side, made winger in the 2nds, complete joke!
I am surprised that the Waves got so many in the 1sts and 1 obvious choice is on the bench in the 2s in the front row, but to be honest, Barker got robbed in a few spots across the teams, and I think 1 school way over achieved, got 12 across the whole squad.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
It would be nice if we could discuss the teams on the basis that the selectors (who are not the coaches) did their best to pick the best sides they could. They might be idiots - question their judgment by all means, even their sanity - but imputing improper motives doesn't really help anyone. (I'm not holding my breath)

Ethan Flanagan was a touch unlucky, I think. But often there are three or four players legitimately going for the same position, and there's going to be an unlucky player here and there.

Snort, " a touch" stop being a lawyer, call it as it is. Ethan F. was robbed. FULL STOP. and I suspect many, who aren't all on the same side, just spoke to some, have the same opinion.

You would definitely know that politics has, and always will be, alive and well.

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
You are clearly up for it tonight. There are a number of boys who missed out that I can't believe , and they are NOT Waves boys.
Ethan Flanagan (C) 15 was red hot today, as always, scored 2 great tries today, and against a good side, made winger in the 2nds, complete joke!
I am surprised that the Waves got so many in the 1sts and 1 obvious choice is on the bench in the 2s in the front row, but to be honest, Barker got robbed in a few spots across the teams, and I think 1 school way over achieved, got 12 across the whole squad.

Not having a shot at you - genuinely interested to see what you would have done differently. I think a place probably could have been found for Flanagan. I'd maybe have pushed Dimovitch into the centre and omitted the Knox centre, which would have made room. White's selection doesn't trouble me: he's been playing very well, and has 8 tries in 8 games this season. Someone was always going to be unlucky in the front row but I would have had Smith and Obaseki higher than the bench in Seconds. And it seems odd that Finau can be left out of Barker's 1sts yet still make CAS 2nds.